Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: What is your favorite chocolate? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Alison
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 02 2008 at 10:37pm | IP Logged Quote Alison

Cadbury for every day "occasions" But Lindt for birthdays and other less frequent um chocolatey times.
Alison
Back to Top View Alison's Profile Search for other posts by Alison Visit Alison's Homepage

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 03 2008 at 7:52am | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

A totally Ritter Sport kind of gal here!

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

Fuzzy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 03 2008 at 4:08pm | IP Logged Quote Fuzzy

Goodness, I am reading all the posts, and trying so hard to think of my absolute favorite, and I have to admit, I am at a loss! Originally, I thought your question was going to be answered like "reeses peanut butter cups", "rolos", etc. Boy, was I waaay off!

While DH and I were dating, he used to send me See's Chocolate: Nuts and Chews. I am NOT a fan of pink, green, or WHITE (i.e. coconut )fillings, so caramels and nuts are by far they way I like my chocolates. And I would have to say I am not a dark chocolate fan.

My DH comes home with some really good milk chocolate bars. We usually keep those in the fridge and I eat them a square at a time. I think he gets them from a German store. Mmm, now I am craving those!

Back to Top View Fuzzy's Profile Search for other posts by Fuzzy Visit Fuzzy's Homepage

amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 03 2008 at 5:37pm | IP Logged Quote amyable

I agree, asking what is my favorite chocolate is like asking which is my favorite child!

I do tend to favor the dark and semi-sweets though.

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Oct 03 2008 at 5:54pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Fuzzy wrote:
   Originally, I thought your question was going to be answered like "reeses peanut butter cups", "rolos", etc. Boy, was I waaay off!

...I dig peppermint patties with creamy white filling, any chocolate covered (or plain) caramel, any chocolate covered English toffee, ooooooooo and stuff dipped in chocolate (strawberries, raspberries, pretzels, peppermint sticks,) any chocolate covered nuts - except peanuts...don't do peanut butter either...or coconut...yes, this is the most I've ever in my life, thought about myself and my relationship with chocolate .

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

momtomany
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 04 2008 at 8:48am | IP Logged Quote momtomany

mathmama wrote:
Actually, when we were at the dr the other day, my 4yo dd told the dr how she likes mommy's "medicine". She said, "it is so delicious and tastes like chocolate". I had to explain to the dr that it actually *is* chocolate

Believe me, your doctor understands the medicinal powers of chocolate! Many times he's brought home some chocolate for me as "medicine." See what a smart guy he is!!

mary theresa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 04 2008 at 9:07am | IP Logged Quote mary theresa

Ooo, you guys have me wanting some now!

This is my favorite chocolate

You can get it at Whole Foods. It's really expensive but Oh so good and just REAL tasting!

Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 04 2008 at 11:54am | IP Logged Quote Lisbet

Fuzzy, While I like to indulge in a pricey upscale chocolate - I eat wwaaaayyy to much Brach's Bridge Mix! ;)

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12
Back to Top View Lisbet's Profile Search for other posts by Lisbet

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Oct 04 2008 at 1:07pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Choosing Chocolate

And here's my fave Chocolate Frosting:

1 1/4 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 cups sugar
6 oz. unsweetened chocolate
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
ice

1. In a medium saucepan, bring the cream and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced, 5 to 6 minutes.

2. Pour the cream mixture into a medium bowl. Add the chocolate, butter, vanilla, and salt. Let the mixture stand, stirring it occasionally, until chocolate and butter are fully melted.

3. Fill a large bowl halfway with ice and water. Set the bowl with the chocolate mixture in the ice water and beat frosting at medium speed until thick and shiny, about 5 minutes. Use immediately.

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 04 2008 at 1:11pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Yummy, Angie. It sounds almost like a ganache with the heavy cream.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

folklaur
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 04 2008 at 1:15pm | IP Logged Quote folklaur

Fuzzy wrote:
Originally, I thought your question was going to be answered like "reeses peanut butter cups", "rolos", etc.

okay - my favorite "everyday" chocolate is snowcaps! I like it cuz they are a semi-sweet chocolate and I love the nonpareils on them. I shake and shake the box to knock off as many as possible, and then eat all the fallen-off ones at once at the end. It is the best part!

My other favorite-stand-by is Junior Mints. Yum.
Back to Top View folklaur's Profile Search for other posts by folklaur

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Oct 04 2008 at 1:18pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

JennGM wrote:
Yummy, Angie. It sounds almost like a ganache with the heavy cream.

It is like a ganache with a trufflish, not thin glaze, texture. Yet it isn't a fussy or time consuming recipe as some ganache requires. Oh, and it makes a lot, enough to cover a layered birthday cake or 9x13 sheet cake with leftovers to be eaten with a spoon .

Love,

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Oct 04 2008 at 1:27pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

cactus mouse wrote:

okay - my favorite "everyday" chocolate is snowcaps! I like it cuz they are a semi-sweet chocolate and I love the nonpareils on them. I shake and shake the box to knock off as many as possible, and then eat all the fallen-off ones at once at the end. It is the best part!

My other favorite-stand-by is Junior Mints. Yum.

Snowcaps! I haven't had them in years...and now I have a craving for them...I blame you, Laura .

Love Junior Mints, especially around Christmas. I rate Junior Mints first, then York Peppermint Patties, then Andes in a pinch. Oh, and there are these great little mints at a Mexican restaurant here that look like M&Ms but have a white mint filling, thin dark chocolate covering, and hard candy shell. It is a very good thing that I don't have easy access to those .

Love,

Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 04 2008 at 1:40pm | IP Logged Quote Lisbet

Ohmigosh!! Snowcaps! Yes! I must get me some of those! I haven't had Snowcaps since I would go to the movies in highschool!!

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12
Back to Top View Lisbet's Profile Search for other posts by Lisbet

mrsgranola
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 06 2008 at 11:05am | IP Logged Quote mrsgranola

1) Whatever I'm eating at the time!

2) Whatever's closest to me!

3) Whatever's on sale!

JoAnna

Bookswithtea
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 06 2008 at 2:36pm | IP Logged Quote Bookswithtea

English Cadbury's...the American version is gar-bage. I think it has to do with how the milk is processed here, but I'm not sure. My favorite is the milk chocolate with nuts. My English relatives bring it over in enormous bars when they visit. I also hold a soft spot for Devon Cream and PG Tips, but I digress...

I also love CA's See's candies.

I know Dark chocolate is the connoiseur's variety, but I confess to loving the sweet milky variety the best.

For every day, I eat just a bit of that low carb dark chocolate they sell at Trader Joe's. This doesn't destroy my diet and well...I'd rather have this than no chocolate at all...

~Books

mothering ds'93 dd'97 dd'99 dd'02 ds'05 ds'07 and due 9/10
Back to Top View Bookswithtea's Profile Search for other posts by Bookswithtea

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version