Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: When You're Frustrated or Need to Think.. Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
lilac hill
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 12 2008 at 5:47pm | IP Logged Quote lilac hill

MarilynW wrote:
Retreat to my bedroom for 10 minutes - ...tell everyone I do not want to be disturbed unless it is a matter of life and death....(though of course this is very subjective depending on the child )

Bleeding was the only reason for breaking my brief respite.
Of course there was blood.
The next time I said, only if it was a gusher

Wife to Rick (7/83), Mom to dd#1(6/87), dd#2(1/90), and dd#3(6/94) in central PA.
Back to Top View lilac hill's Profile Search for other posts by lilac hill

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 12 2008 at 6:22pm | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

LISTS! I start making lists of what I want to do, how I want to organize anything (my day, my stuff, my kids' days and stuff). When all of my scattered thoughts can be boiled to succinct words in straight lines (and even if they really can't, I MAKE THEM!) I feel like I can survive and not drown in my realities!

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 12 2008 at 6:57pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

Of course, if I need to have a good CRY, the shower is the place for that...

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

Servant2theKing
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 12 2008 at 9:18pm | IP Logged Quote Servant2theKing

Theresa, I kept scrolling through this thread wondering if I'm the only one who needs to cry when things get frustrating...then I was thinking how I always seem to cry in the shower...Thank you SO much for helpimg me feel like I'm not the only one who just needs a good tearfest once in awhile. BTW I've heard somewhere that tears have a chemical element that actually makes us feel better when we let them flow! At least that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it!

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 12 2008 at 9:41pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Servant2theKing wrote:
Theresa, I kept scrolling through this thread wondering if I'm the only one who needs to cry when things get frustrating...then I was thinking how I always seem to cry in the shower...Thank you SO much for helpimg me feel like I'm not the only one who just needs a good tearfest once in awhile. BTW I've heard somewhere that tears have a chemical element that actually makes us feel better when we let them flow! At least that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it!

I wasn't able to respond earlier, but I have major sobfests in the shower. It seems the water just helps the tear to finally brim over.

It's funny how when I started this thread I didn't think about the levels of frustration we all have. There are just times when I'm just mildly frustrated, knowing I have things on my mind that need to be worked out, and I need to just think a bit. That was my example of scrubbing. When I'm mad, too, I either do wooden swearing (slamming and banging, which isn't productive) or cleaning.

Now I'm usually having happy thoughts when scrubbing those pots and pans. I just enjoy it, and it's mindless work while I go round in my head a bit.

But then there are times when I NEED to be alone, when everything is just pushing me to my limit and I'll scream or cry if another thing happens... And then there are the times I need a good cry, usually from the pent-up accumulation of all the above and aggravated by female hormones and/or exhaustion.
Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 12 2008 at 11:33pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

JennGM wrote:
   When I'm mad, too, I either do wooden swearing (slamming and banging, which isn't productive)

I've never heard of "wooden swearing" before.

I often *wish* I were a cry-er. I get mad when I'm frustrated or overwhelmed. I think it'd be *easier* for others (dh in particular) to deal with the crying than a MAD mommy.    

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

Servant2theKing
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 13 2008 at 7:39am | IP Logged Quote Servant2theKing

I forgot to mention an idea that has been really helpful during times of frustration, etc. When I am overwhelmed or struggling I write a "Blessings List", and try to focus on all that we have to be thankful for. Without fail this small act always encourages to me to have a more grateful heart and lessens whatever frustration I am dealing with. I also try to post it in a prominent spot as a daily reminder of all our blessings.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version