Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: Boy Or Girl Ultrasound Stories Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
missionfamily
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 06 2008 at 11:50am | IP Logged Quote missionfamily

We've always found out. I had a very difficult pregnancy for my first and wanted something fun to focus on for a while. It was worth it for that reason. Then it was hard to switch wavelengths so we found out the second time. And the third...they told us it was a girl at the 20 week ultrasound. A 37 week ultrasound revealed it was actually a boy. Number four...20 week ultrasound a girl...no late ultrasound...birthday....a boy. Fifth baby...20 week ultrasound, tech says, "We may finally have a..."...baby moves....I say "boy." We all laugh. Finding certainly hasn't taken the element of surprise away for our family!

Footprints on the Fridge
Back to Top View missionfamily's Profile Search for other posts by missionfamily Visit missionfamily's Homepage

amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 06 2008 at 1:13pm | IP Logged Quote amyable

We wanted to find out with our first, but she wasn't cooperative! (still isn't )

With the second, they "weren't sure" but guessed it was a girl. I had an U/S the day before she was born and the tech asked "Did they tell you what it was?" and I said, "They said maybe girl, but..." and she interrupted and said "They were right!" -- what I didn't get to finish was "BUT I don't want to know for sure anymore!" So *I* knew but didn't tell dh until after she was born the next day.

We didn't want to know with #3. But she needed several U/Ss for a heart condition, and the both the U/S tech and cardiologist sort of "slipped" in saying things like "you'd better save your baby clothes" and "her" LOL

With #4 I really wanted to know. If it was a girl it was most likely going to be our last baby, because at the time dh was terrified of having five girls (three plus me was just about killing him he's come a long way since then). It WAS a girl and I cried when I found out, not because I didn't want *her* but because I wanted more than her. Anyway, things changed, and...

#5 - I really wanted to find out, and HE was our biggest surprise! Just the fact that it was a HE. It was quite clear on the ultrasound.

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

Angi
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 06 2008 at 4:42pm | IP Logged Quote Angi

With dd1 we did not find out until birth.
Dd2, we both wanted to know - the ultrasound was VERY clearly a girl.
With the twins - well we figured twins was enough surprise for one pregnancy.
Back to Top View Angi's Profile Search for other posts by Angi

kris
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Aug 12 2008 at 11:30am | IP Logged Quote kris

I knew with #2, 3...6, 7, 8, 9 and 10. :)
I have eight boys and 2 girls. Our pattern ( so far :) has been 4 boys, girl, 4 boys, girl.

With my first daughter I didn't know it was a girl ( I guess it was long enough ago ( 14 years) that ultrasounds couldn't always see). It was quite a surprise and lots of fun. I always kept a small stash of girls clothes *just in case* but people were so happy for us after having 4 boys that even complete strangers sent us girly gifts :).

Fast forward to my last daughter. (She is 20 months). Dh, dd and I went to the ultrasound set on finding out. While we were looking at the screen the tech went to *the* area and I guess we saw the umbilical cord, because it sure looked like another boy was on the way. Dh said "Oh, I guess it is another boy?" The tech said to my daughter "Well, how many sisters do you have?" To which she replied "None!" The tech said "Well, you will have one now!" Both of us started laughing and screaming....and then ran home and called everyone we knew :) Dh was his usual calm, cool, self. So, that was fun, too. : 0 ) Although, my friends had a shower for me...but I couldn't bring myself to take the tags off the clothes until I had another u/s closer to the end which confirmed it was still a girl.

http://myspiritrejoices.blogspot.c
Back to Top View kris's Profile Search for other posts by kris

erika
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Aug 16 2008 at 8:00am | IP Logged Quote erika

Just don't let them fool you into thinking the baby has hair!

I had pregnancy complications (and will have if I ever have any more babies), so I had an ultrasound every visit. On one of the last visits we had, the tech said, "Oh, she has a HEAD FULL of hair!!"

Well, I was just so excited that I hooped right down to the uber trendy baby boutique and bought three adorable little hair bows for her.

Then as she came out I looked at this bald headed baby and said, "That's not my baby.." I had this picture of a head of hair like Suri Cruise or something!
Back to Top View erika's Profile Search for other posts by erika

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version