Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: Rachel's surgery -**FINAL UPDATE ** Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 18 2008 at 11:56pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

I've been praying, Lisa. How are you all doing?

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Lisa R
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 21 2008 at 4:19pm | IP Logged Quote Lisa R

update in first post

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: July 22 2008 at 7:16pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

God bless you all during this difficult time, Lisa. Rachel may not understand what is happening but she surely knows your love...she knows in her sweet little way...and that love is bigger than her pain and confusion. Praying for your all. Please update us when you have a chance.

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: July 22 2008 at 9:43pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Oh, Lisa - how difficult this must be for you! Begging Our Lady to strengthen and comfort you. Asking the Divine Physician to speed healing to little Rachel. Hugs coming your way!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Booksnbabes
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 22 2008 at 10:37pm | IP Logged Quote Booksnbabes

Glad the surgery went well. Praying for you and your little girl as she recovers. Big for you!
Back to Top View Booksnbabes's Profile Search for other posts by Booksnbabes

mariB
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 23 2008 at 4:16am | IP Logged Quote mariB

Sending hugs and thanksgiving that Rachel is doing well.
Your post on what you, rachel, and whole family has been through really touched my heart.    What faith you have and what an amazing little girl...you are so blessed. I will be praying for you all daily for recovery, strength, and ALL your needs (as we have been).
Love,

Back to Top View mariB's Profile Search for other posts by mariB Visit mariB's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 23 2008 at 4:57pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Oh Lisa, just reading through all the updates, I'll be praying for dear little Rachael and your motherly heart!

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

mariB
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 23 2008 at 7:07pm | IP Logged Quote mariB

Praying some more. It must be so hard. Praying for relief for you and little Rachel!

Back to Top View mariB's Profile Search for other posts by mariB Visit mariB's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: July 24 2008 at 9:58am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Lisa, this sounds agonizing! How your mommy heart must hurt! Speeding prayers your way for both you and little Rachel!! Hang in there - we've got you covered in prayer!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Booksnbabes
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 24 2008 at 11:36pm | IP Logged Quote Booksnbabes

Prayers for a speedy recovery!

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: July 26 2008 at 5:59pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Lisa R wrote:
The recovery looks to be pretty long and rough with only a liquid diet for at least 3 weeks.    Then a soft food diet. Please pray us through this.

Lisa, you and Rachel are brave women! You have made it through the first week and I pray that each day gives more healing, more comfort, and more peace. How are you doing?

Love,

Lisa R
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 26 2008 at 9:44pm | IP Logged Quote Lisa R

Angie,

Thank you so much for asking how we're doing.    And all of you for praying.   

Yes, week one is down. Praise the Lord! This is so incredibly hard and I don't feel brave at all. Rachel is most certainly the brave one. She has so much to endure.

Her pain seems to be the least of our problems at this point. She is eating stage 2 baby foods and drinking PediaSure drinks. That is, when I can distract her with TV. Barney is my hero right now.    At least we're getting some calories in.

She is missing her bottle and most especially her blankey. She chews/sucks on it for comfort and to go to sleep but of course nothing can go in her mouth right now. Her worse times are waking in the morning and at nap as she was used to getting a bottle then.

She has slept twice this week all night! That's some good news.

2 more weeks to go. I sure miss my happy, smiley baby girl.   

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 28 2008 at 6:06am | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

Dear Lisa

I had not seen this thread before your pm. I am praying for Rachel and for all of you.

Hugs

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: July 28 2008 at 7:40am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Still praying for you and little Rachel, Lisa!

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Aug 02 2008 at 11:08am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Wow, another week has passed. How are you all doing, Lisa? I hope that since you are more than halfway through your 3 week recovery period that you are finding some relief...and seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Praying!

Love,

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 02 2008 at 7:08pm | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Lisa-

Offering up my rosary tonight for you and Rachel. PLease God she won't remember any of this, or at least not much, down the road. But moms never forget. It is so hard to see your child in distress. Praying Our Lady will send you comfort and relief.

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 02 2008 at 7:52pm | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

HI Lisa,

My kids have a syndrome that includes cleft palates....my little guy has had two repairs and is facing another one in the next year. My little Lily is getting ready to have hers in a few weeks. Oh....I can so, so feel for you all, Lisa!!! We had to get rid of little man's pacifier...and Lily is an avid finger sucker.....and very, very orally fixated. I will be begging for prayers as well in a few weeks. In the mean time, I offer up my crummy cold symptoms for you all, and pray, pray, pray that time moves quickly and you all are back to keeping "no-no's" off soon. You are such a good mama, and even though you aren't giving your little one what she wants....you are doing a heroic deed in hanging in there when it gets so hard watching your little one suffer, doing what she NEEDS to be able to talk and eat well the rest of her life..with a closed, healthy palate. ( I think out of all the things we go through as mamas, watching our children suffer is surely worth the most time out of Purgatory!!!)

Praying very hard!!!

Edited.....I didn't realize how LATE I was on this one, sorry, Lisa!! Hopefully, things are going well, and you are at the end of the dreaded three week cleft post op!

Lisa R
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 05 2008 at 4:36pm | IP Logged Quote Lisa R

Thank you so much for asking again.    You just don't know how much it means to have you all praying for us and asking how we are. I could just cry.   

Rachel is doing wonderful. 2 more days and we are at our 3 week point. I'm hoping she can go to soft foods then. And I'd LOVE to give her back her blankey. My smiley, happy little girl is returning little by little. Oh, she was so missed!

She's been sleeping all night (praise the Lord!!) and taking great naps. She now thinks the arm restraints are a game. When I put her to bed and put them on she calls me a couple seconds (and I mean seconds!) later and hands them to me. Little stinker!    I don't know why I bother putting them on.

Her palate is looking great. No fistulas (holes) that I can see and nice pink tissue. Of course, I'm no expert in this area (actually I'm pretty clueless ) but it looks good to me. I'm hoping the doctor can get a good look on Thursday.

Honestly, most of her crying now is tantrums. She IS almost 2 and boy can she throws some good ones. The other day I just threw myself on the floor with her and starting crying and kicking my legs like she was. She just looked at me like I was crazy and then started cracking up.    It hasn't stopped anymore from happening but at least it did stop that one.

I'll post an update after we see the doc on Thursday.

God bless you all!!

mariB
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 05 2008 at 4:39pm | IP Logged Quote mariB

Continuing to pray, Lisa. I am glad she is doing better!
Blessings,

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 05 2008 at 5:03pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Just wonderful news Lisa, praying that all continues to improve and heal.

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version