Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: The Ongoing Comedy? Prayers Needed! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
ladybugs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 18 2005 at 5:17pm | IP Logged Quote ladybugs

Hi Families,

My dh is out for a little bit...my children are at friend's houses, I have hot water boiling on the stove for tea and I'm going to plop on the couch for some rest.

My dh just opened a pay pal account last week. I don't know how it works. Can someone enlighten me?

I really, really, truly appreciate the efforts that you are all going to. I've received some lovely emails from you and I've been so touched and relieved.

Just thank you...I could keep gushing but it might border on the annoying. I don't want to be like those speeches for awards...

Love and God Bless,

My etsy store - all proceeds go to help my fencing daughters!
Back to Top View ladybugs's Profile Search for other posts by ladybugs Visit ladybugs's Homepage

Erica Sanchez
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 18 2005 at 5:49pm | IP Logged Quote Erica Sanchez

Maria, please also PM me with your address and let me know which store would be most helpful at this time. Don't be shy about this - it could be anyone of us at any moment! And, you'd do the same for us.

I am in CA but have very little knowledge of pay pal, etc.   Happy to help if someone can instruct......

You deserve the tea and rest and I know I speak for all of us when I say that I am glad you shared your troubles here!

Back to Top View Erica Sanchez's Profile Search for other posts by Erica Sanchez

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 18 2005 at 9:34pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

PayPal is easy. You give someone your PayPal account info (it's generally an e-mail address) and they use their PayPal account to send money to yours. It's basically like an electronic funds transfer, but outside of the banking system. I've used it to pay for used textbooks, for example.

The only catch is, if you have a business PayPal account (as I do) you are charged a fee to receive funds. So, I could collect funds but about 5% of them would just evaporate into the PayPal administrators' pockets. If we want to use PayPal to send Maria funds, first she has to tell us that she can use the money (e. g. her PayPal account is linked to an actual bank account so she can withdraw it), or we can send it to someone's account and buy one big gift card with it.

Maria, it might be easiest if you give us a list of stores you can use gift cards from (excuse the bad grammmar, all you Bravewriters!), or let us know if your PayPal account balance can be transfered by you to your bank account, so you can withdraw cash. (Mine isn't linked to an account, so I can only use my PayPal funds to buy other stuff online from merchants who take PayPal.)

Hope this helps!

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: Oct 18 2005 at 10:19pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

Hi all,
I just heard back from Maria after sending her a message regarding her address and gift cards.

I volunteered to be a contact person to give out her address through private messages here, since her online time is limited. I will send her address to all of you who have asked up to now. If anyone else wants her address, just pm me and I will reply with it.

She said that the stores near her include:
Safeway
Ralph's
Albertson's
Trader Joe's
Costco
Sam's Club
Wal-Mart and Target (but none of the type that sell groceries)

The paypal idea is a good one because they could really use help with bills like electricity and phone. I have known Maria's name and situation by email and message board for so long that I feel comfortable just sending her a check. Some of you may agree.

Have I forgotten anything?

jdostalik
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 19 2005 at 8:26am | IP Logged Quote jdostalik

Irene,
Thanks for doing this to help Maria...Maria, when you get a chance, let us know if paypal would work for you. You could have the cash immediately...(don't you love computers?)

Let the Little Ones Come

Back to Top View jdostalik's Profile Search for other posts by jdostalik Visit jdostalik's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version