Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: Is your husband happy with his job? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Becky Le
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 08 2008 at 4:32pm | IP Logged Quote Becky Le

monique wrote:
Anne McD wrote:

Long story short-- he'd rather own a beer brewery. He'd love to run his own business, but I think we're both very scared of that prospect, but instead, he's in finance.

Sounds like lots of our husbands need to get together! I think owning his own brewery would be my husband's dream job.   

My husband would like the brewery but what he really wants to own is a cigar shop and I would totally get behind that but he is too security driven to ever actually take that much of a financial risk.

He likes his job on and off. He is a government contractor computer geek (we're also in the DC metro area) so depending on what contract he is on and how interesting the work is he can love his job, take it or leave it or hate it.

We've been crazy blessed that he has been able to work from home fulltime since February. That will be coming to an end soon though and I will be on my own for the first time, fulltime, with 5 kids since the twins have been born! Let's just say I've become very accustomed to being spoiled with all the help! And he has become very accustomed to being home with us. There's no question that if a big load of money were to fall out of the sky onto our front porch we would both be homeschooling stay at home parents!

When he is working I try to support him by making home life as easy and pleasant as possible. That and praying for him. What else can you do really?
Back to Top View Becky Le's Profile Search for other posts by Becky Le Visit Becky Le's Homepage

Tina P.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 08 2008 at 8:48pm | IP Logged Quote Tina P.

Becky Le wrote:
I try to support him by making home life as easy and pleasant as possible. That and praying for him. What else can you do really?

I *do* pray for him. I think our greatest hurdle as far as me supporting him goes is that I am 37 weeks along in pregnancy and for a while I've been pretty s-l-o-w moving. Life at home isn't as easy as he'd like it to be. A few of the kids are really pitching in lately, which mitigates the burden. And he *has* started running on the treadmill (great idea for stress relief, Tina).

Thanks so much everyone for your support and prayers!

Becky Le
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: July 09 2008 at 9:32am | IP Logged Quote Becky Le

Tina P. wrote:
Becky Le wrote:
I try to support him by making home life as easy and pleasant as possible. That and praying for him. What else can you do really?

I *do* pray for him. I think our greatest hurdle as far as me supporting him goes is that I am 37 weeks along in pregnancy and for a while I've been pretty s-l-o-w moving. Life at home isn't as easy as he'd like it to be. A few of the kids are really pitching in lately, which mitigates the burden. And he *has* started running on the treadmill (great idea for stress relief, Tina).

Thanks so much everyone for your support and prayers!

((HUG))

I do know how you feel. WhenI was pregnant with the twins I was on bedrest for over a month with a 3 y.o. at home full time who wasn't potty trained! I just kept repeating "This too will pass".
Back to Top View Becky Le's Profile Search for other posts by Becky Le Visit Becky Le's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: July 09 2008 at 10:49pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Yes my dh is happy with his job...after so many jobs that he was not happy with, I praise God every day for this blessing!

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version