Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: losing my cool, adopt Update 7/12 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Donna
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 28 2008 at 8:11am | IP Logged Quote Donna

Angie Mc wrote:
I'm wondering just how much ignorance and disrespect our family should be expected to endure.

Matthew 5:10-12 Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and utter every kind of evil against you (falsely) because of me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward will be great in heaven.

Hang on to hope, Angie. It's not you and your family that is in the dark. You are a light to those who don't know.

Praying for you mightily today dear friend...

Jacob, Sam, and Regina with God
Grandbabies Leigha and Elsie

Moments Like These

Back to Top View Donna's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Visit Donna's Homepage

ladybugs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 28 2008 at 10:55am | IP Logged Quote ladybugs

Praying, Angie!

My etsy store - all proceeds go to help my fencing daughters!
Back to Top View ladybugs's Profile Search for other posts by ladybugs Visit ladybugs's Homepage

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 28 2008 at 4:59pm | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Praying for you and your family throughout this whole process, Angie.

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: June 28 2008 at 9:57pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

mavmama wrote:
A private agency SW told me that the difference between them and the state was that private agencies try to find out why you should have a child placed in your home, and state agencies try to find out why you should not have a child placed in your home. It is a difference in approaches, I guess.

This is it in a nutshell, Liz. I am guilty until proven innocent (guilty of being religious, staying at home with my children, and having SO many children ) .

LucyP wrote:
I always feel - for US - we carry on until "the door" is not just closed, but slammed in our face and locked, bolted and welded shut!

...any little thing the social worker finds "odd" they will pick away at. It is sooooo unfair.

I know of a lovely Catholic home educating family who were told they couldn't adopt because it was too wierd that they went to daily mass and home educated - ahem, yet they place children with homosexual couples? Obviously so not wierd.

If He has a little one waiting for you guys, every moment of the torment will be worth it

Dh and I have once again affirmed that we will not leave this process easily...we will battle! Your image of the slammed, bolted, and welted door is perfect, Lucy! It is beyond sad that what you say is the absolute truth...to include *if* God has a little one or ones waiting for us. After all of this He may not, and I'm finally clear about this...and I'm fine. I just want to be able to stand before Him one day and say that we tried our very best.

Donna wrote:

Matthew 5:10-12 Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and utter every kind of evil against you (falsely) because of me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward will be great in heaven.

Hang on to hope, Angie. It's not you and your family that is in the dark. You are a light to those who don't know.

Praying for you mightily today dear friend...

Donna, I burst into tears reading this, friend...you are suffering so and yet you touch my heart with truth, hope, and reassurance. Thank you .

OK, deep breath, I'm pumped up with the prayers of you dear ladies and the love of God and family. We are going to see this through until the doors are slammed, bolted, and welded shut or God has blessed us with a child or children. Why?...

Because in my heart of hearts I know there are children locked in this system who should be loved by a family. I've been in this system for 6 months and I'm... . No child should be anywhere near this.

Please keep praying, for our family, for those we need to work with, and most importantly, for our children not yet known to us and for all children in foster care.

Love,    

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: June 30 2008 at 8:15am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

I'm late seeing this, Angie. Adding prayers for your heartache, for God's merciful Hand to guide this process, for you and your dh to feel His presence - no matter the outcome, and for all children locked in this system. What a tremendous heartache.

God strengthens those He chooses to get on this particular Cross, Angie. I am certain the evil one is testing your resolve. Sending all my prayers for your fortitude.

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

mama251ders
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 30 2008 at 8:33am | IP Logged Quote mama251ders

Praying here! What a nightmare. In response to your question about looking like a saint, I think a saint would look like she is doing her best to turn this over to God and trust. I think you look like that!

Betsie

Back to Top View mama251ders's Profile Search for other posts by mama251ders

Lisa R
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 30 2008 at 9:57am | IP Logged Quote Lisa R

Angie,

Your love for these children is absolutely amazing. I'm praying for you and all those involved.

doris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 30 2008 at 4:11pm | IP Logged Quote doris

Praying here.

cathhomeschool
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Texas Bluebonnets

Posted: June 30 2008 at 4:55pm | IP Logged Quote cathhomeschool

I am so sorry, Angie. Your family and struggles have been in my prayers. May the Holy Spirit continue to strengthen you all for this spiritual battle.

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 30 2008 at 9:10pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

Angie, my friend.....these prayer responses to your prayer request are proof of how beautiful and lovely the ladies are in this special place. I am in such AWE.

I, too, am praying for you........God's will be done....and may you hear His message clearly.

Jenn Sal
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 01 2008 at 3:41pm | IP Logged Quote Jenn Sal

Angie,
Praying for you and your family. I believe a child or children out there will be so greatful for this suffering you are ,I believe, taking so well.

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: July 03 2008 at 10:01pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Chari wrote:
these prayer responses to your prayer request are proof of how beautiful and lovely the ladies are in this special place. I am in such AWE.

You are so right, Chari! I'm feeling stronger, more clear, and the most peaceful about this since we began.

Thank you all!

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: July 12 2008 at 7:16pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Yesterday, we had a meeting with what we hoped would be our new agency. After being treated terribly (I can't go into it because it was so, ummm, ridiculous) we were finally able to explain that we are no longer willing to do foster care but wanted to go straight to adoption. THEN they told us that they no longer provide that service. So...

After losing a month waiting on this agency, we need to find another one. Will you please pray that we choose the right agency (we only have three to choose from) and that we find an advocate somehow in this incredibly dysfunctional system?

The good news is that we're still hanging in there! Thank you all so much for your prayers.

Love,

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 12 2008 at 7:45pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

This tale gets more amazing by the week. I will keep praying.

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: July 12 2008 at 9:00pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

What a rollercoaster of emotions and practical details...rest in God's peace, Angie! I'm sending more prayers for these new intentions!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

DominaCaeli
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 14 2008 at 10:19am | IP Logged Quote DominaCaeli

Praying here, Angie--I pray your long and frustrating wait will be rewarded in the end!

Mommy to six: three boys (8, 4, newborn) and four girls (7, 5, 2, and 1)
Back to Top View DominaCaeli's Profile Search for other posts by DominaCaeli

Leslie
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: July 14 2008 at 10:46am | IP Logged Quote Leslie

Praying, Angie.

Jenn Sal
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 14 2008 at 1:28pm | IP Logged Quote Jenn Sal