Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
 4Real Forums : Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
Subject Topic: Whats' on your hot dog? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Poll Question: What's on your dog?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
26 [18.44%]
37 [26.24%]
17 [12.06%]
25 [17.73%]
4 [2.84%]
8 [5.67%]
24 [17.02%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Tina P.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 27 2008 at 1:51am | IP Logged Quote Tina P.

Elizabeth wrote:
Oh my goodness, I can't believe I even started to read that thread. WHAT was I thinking ???. I don't even like hot dogs under the best of circumstances.

Confession time. I only eat them when I'm pregnant and not this pregnant, either ~ around the second trimester time-frame. I eat them with catsup (sorry MacBeth and crew who don't like it), dill relish, and cheddar.

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 27 2008 at 9:42am | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

I haven't voted because I can't select just one. I like my hot dog with mayo, chili, cheese and onion.

But really I'm not a hot dog eater. Only at parties when that's all there is or on nights when my dh has requested a chili dog supper...which we might have to have this week.

My dh and girls LOVE hot dogs though and even the two younger ones can put down a whole foot-long chili dog from Sonic without blinking an eye.

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: May 27 2008 at 9:50am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Cay Gibson wrote:
I haven't voted because I can't select just one. I like my hot dog with mayo, chili, cheese and onion.

But really I'm not a hot dog eater. Only at parties when that's all there is or on nights when my dh has requested a chili dog supper...which we might have to have this week.

My dh and girls LOVE hot dogs though and even the two younger ones can put down a whole foot-long chili dog from Sonic without blinking an eye.

Ugh, a chili dog. I'm getting heartburn just reading it! My dh orders those from Checkers periodically. I don't know how he eats them!

But that reminds me of one of my mother's simple dinners when Dad wasn't going to be home. She'd have a square pyrex dish, lay hot dogs, pour a can of chili over it and heat it in the microwave.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 27 2008 at 11:15am | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

JennGM wrote:

But that reminds me of one of my mother's simple dinners when Dad wasn't going to be home. She'd have a square pyrex dish, lay hot dogs, pour a can of chili over it and heat it in the microwave.

You're speaking my language, Jenn.
I think I'll fix this one night for the kiddos and get myself a salad from McD's.

mom to 5
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

Philothea
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 27 2008 at 12:58pm | IP Logged Quote Philothea

Chili, cheese and onions on hot dogs (or nothing at all!).

Seedy mustard (not that horrid yellow kind) and maybe sauerkraut on brats.
Back to Top View Philothea's Profile Search for other posts by Philothea

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 27 2008 at 1:12pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

Ummm...you know you can vote for more than one thing. You just have to do it one at a time.

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 27 2008 at 3:09pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

lapazfarm wrote:
Ummm...you know you can vote for more than one thing. You just have to do it one at a time.

Ohhhhhhh....

mom to 5

stacykay
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 27 2008 at 5:46pm | IP Logged Quote stacykay

I had to vote other, because I put three things on my hot dogs. Ketchup, mustard and onions.

When I was little, I would eat hot dogs without the bun, cut into rounds, and dunk them in ketchup. 3 of my guys eat theirs plain, in or out of a bun, and the other 3 with ketchup, mostly in bun.

Dh is ketchup and onion (NO Mustard!) and occasionally chili. Now, 3 of the boys will eat with chili, but 2 are the ketchup guys, and 1 is a plain guy. Weird.

God Bless,
Stacy in MI
Back to Top View stacykay's Profile Search for other posts by stacykay

cathhomeschool
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Texas Bluebonnets

Posted: May 27 2008 at 10:16pm | IP Logged Quote cathhomeschool

I taste buds love ketchup, chili, cheese, but I usually end up with a stomach ache afterwards.

The kids *usually* choose the same, or just ketchup and cheese.

My picky 6yo cracked me up Sunday. He asked for a hot dog "just like Daddy's." Well, Daddy asked for chili, cheese and raw onions, but he did it in *Spanish.* (We're trying to practice a bit.) Noah asked, "What's cebolla?" and instead of answering, "Onions" (which ds hates), Tim pointed to the chopped up pile. So we fixed Noah's dog -- raw onions and all -- and he happily ate away. When ds12 commented that Noah's eating *onions,* he quickly piped up, "No I'm not! I can't remember what this is called, but it's NOT onions!"    

Servant2theKing
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 30 2008 at 8:35am | IP Logged Quote Servant2theKing

A local hot dog restaurant serves one with a long slice of dill pickle, sour cream and swiss cheese....it's amazing. I've only eaten three or four since they opened a decade or so ago...but, they are truly memorable.

We also have local coney shops that make a beef sauce using beef heart...I've been told that this particular coney sauce is only made in this area. They're served with finely diced onion and yellow mustard and are an incredible, but rare, treat.

My brother used to enjoy the chili dogs at Skyline Chili in Ohio...don't know if they still exist, but their coney sauce seemed to have a hint of nutmeg and was really unique.

insegnante
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 30 2008 at 10:37am | IP Logged Quote insegnante

We get the ones without nitrites/nitrates/whatever from Trader Joe's -- and tried the same type from Oscar Mayer the other day when I reaaally wanted dinner to be quick.

I am a mustard only person. I grew up in NYC, the land of hot dog carts. Our family mustard was Gulden's spicy brown when I was little, but I've had mostly the plain yellow since then, and I can't stand the grey/dijon stuff.

I tried sauerkraut once when I was a picky little kid and was shocked to like it, but the next time I had it the bun was overwhelmed to sogginess with sauerkraut and I never had it again.

But lately... I think I might be craving it, though I barely remember what it tasted like! Can a pregnant woman crave something she had once over 20 years ago and can hardly remember the taste of? If it's pretty much just cabbage, maybe it would be worth trying again.

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: May 30 2008 at 12:18pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Servant2theKing wrote:

My brother used to enjoy the chili dogs at Skyline Chili in Ohio...don't know if they still exist, but their coney sauce seemed to have a hint of nutmeg and was really unique.

Oh how I LOVE Skyline chili! I would never waste it on a hot dog...it is a five way for me! (and I think there is a hint of cinnamon, yummmmm!)

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

juststartn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 30 2008 at 7:53pm | IP Logged Quote juststartn

MMM..it depends on what mood I am in. Sometimes, I am a ketchup only girl. Sometimes, its ketchup and sweet pickle relish. Sometimes, its sauerkraut. Sometimes, its chili.

It just depends (either that, or I am in possession of multiple personalities, lol).

Rachel

Sophia 4/19/04
John 5/7/07
David 5/7/07
Ava Maria, in the arms of Jesus, 9/5/08
Back to Top View juststartn's Profile Search for other posts by juststartn

JenniferS
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 31 2008 at 12:11pm | IP Logged Quote JenniferS

I like just about anything on hot dogs, most especially jalepenos.

Jen
Back to Top View JenniferS's Profile Search for other posts by JenniferS

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version