Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: How many kids do you all have? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
shartlesville
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 12 2008 at 10:45pm | IP Logged Quote shartlesville

We have seven.      We were "highly" fertile with the first five (actually six but we lost one) and then hit a completely dry spell. We even tried fertility treatments for a year without success, lol. It is all in God's timing. After a 9 year break, we were blessed with Sam and two years later we were blessed again with Jack.

We tend more toward "unschooling" or relaxed learning. My teens say they "don't do school" which frustrates me becuase we do a lot of learning but they aren't confined to a desk doing it. Even though the children still at home (just the older two) have never stepped foot in a "real" school their idea of school is traditional, go figure! I have always worried about how "well" they have been taught. Will they be able to "survive" on their own?    Have we done / are we doing a "good enough" job?

Well, I have just received a second confirmation of our efforts. Johnathan has been doing REALLY well in the Army so we knew we had done well with him. Elizabeth, however, has been married and out on her own for two years but hasn't really "done" anything. I have not been as confident in how well she learned anything. Not because she chose to be a mom and not pursue a career but because we had nothing to guage it against.

She has decided she wants to work for the prison and they require a high school diploma or GED so she took the test this week. She scored 101%! They had a bonus question and she got it and every other question correct! We were all pleasantly shocked because math and English have never been her strong suits but obviously what she learned, stuck.    The administrators asked her what school she had attended. She told them she was homeschooled and they couldn't believe it.   

Anyway, the point to this long post is RELAX and enjoy your babies because they will learn and they will grow up. It will go by so fast and before you know it they will be having babies of their own and you will wonder where the time went.   

Blessings,
Krisann

DGC Kira, Auston, Travis, & Sarah.
My Blog: Isla del Esperanza
Back to Top View shartlesville's Profile Search for other posts by shartlesville Visit shartlesville's Homepage

LLMom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 13 2008 at 10:50am | IP Logged Quote LLMom

7 dc here, ages almost 18 down to 3, with 5 miscarriages in there. I found with #5, I really struggled because the oldest really wasn't old enough to do much and # 6 & 7 were a bit easier because the older 2 were teens then. Hang in there.

Back to Top View LLMom's Profile Search for other posts by LLMom

asplendidtime
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 13 2008 at 2:26pm | IP Logged Quote asplendidtime

Eight children; oldest is 9 and youngest is 7weeks.

Mary 14,
Tim 13,
Jonah 12,
Josh 10,
Zoe 9,
Will 7,
Peter 6,
Laura-Mae 4,
Emily-Joy 2,
Genevieve & Gabriella 1
Back to Top View asplendidtime's Profile Search for other posts by asplendidtime Visit asplendidtime's Homepage

erika
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: May 13 2008 at 2:50pm | IP Logged Quote erika

Well, I have two lovely little girls and one young stepdaughter. My dh is not keen on having any more for several reasons. One is he just thinkgs we have enough. Two, I think he's overwhelmed with all girls and afraid that's all we'll ever have. Three, he's afraid we will not be able to afford it. By this I mean the insurance covering the pregnancies. My four year old was 50 grand on insurance and getting the one year old here safely was a quarter mil. Every baby will be as much as the youngest was because of a problem my body (my immune system) has with defending against the baby as if he was some kind of virus. This is a very simplistic way to put it, but basically I have to be treated in the hospital to suppress my immune system into thinking I'm not pregnant so the baby will be okay. I had wanted at least four or five, so I was heartbroken after my 4yo was born and they told us not to have anymore. The 1yo was "God planned" - we were using NFP, but my system went all crazy and we got pregnant. Now I'm wrapping up nursing and am going to have to go back to NFP, which I find such a drag. I do hope to adopt one of these days!
Back to Top View erika's Profile Search for other posts by erika

12stars
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 13 2008 at 3:33pm | IP Logged Quote 12stars

I think for us DH has been the apprehensive one to accepting the will of God to have more children I come in second. But I have to realize that every child He has given us we couldnt or shouldnt be with out, I hope that makes sense. I know that this last time around it was hard on me post partum and the pregnancy was just as hard but as long as I try to do His will,it always works out for us.
When I feel on a good downer there is nothing like a good reading of TOB to pick me up   

Back to Top View 12stars's Profile Search for other posts by 12stars Visit 12stars's Homepage

Vanna
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 13 2008 at 5:34pm | IP Logged Quote Vanna

I have 2 wonderful sons. I am pretty sure that will be all, unless God gives us another shocker. My oldest son was 10 when his baby brother was born. I couldn't believe it. I must have taken 30 home pregnancy tests and still didn't believe it until a doctor told me it was true. LOL

Back to Top View Vanna's Profile Search for other posts by Vanna

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version