Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Introduce Yourself (2008) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 24 2008 at 11:55am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Maren wrote:
I'm drawn to a Charlotte Mason style of schooling, but I don't know anyone who really implements it.

Well, now you do, Maren!!! Welcome!!!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

TrixieJ
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Oct 01 2008 at 2:23pm | IP Logged Quote TrixieJ

Hi everyone. I am a Catholic homeschooling Mommy to 6 children. My chidren are ages 9,8,6,4,2 and 10 months. We are loyal to the Mageristerium and love attending the Extraordinary Form of the Mass. I can't wait to join in the discussions and learn from all you wise ladies. This is such an awesome forum!
Back to Top View TrixieJ's Profile Search for other posts by TrixieJ

mary theresa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 22 2008 at 2:33pm | IP Logged Quote mary theresa

Welcome Trixie! I hope you will love this place as much as I do.

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Oct 23 2008 at 10:55pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Welcome, Trixie!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

An Aussie Mum
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Oct 27 2008 at 12:32am | IP Logged Quote An Aussie Mum

Hi, my name is Kate and I am new here. I have four children 6, 4, 2 and 3 months. Homeschooling is fairly big in Australia but no where near as big as in America so it is so nice to have opinions and encouragement from people all over the world. This seems like an fantastic forum!
Back to Top View An Aussie Mum's Profile Search for other posts by An Aussie Mum

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 27 2008 at 12:38am | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Hi Kate, lovely to see you here, it is always great to see another Australian as well.

An Aussie Mum wrote:
Homeschooling is fairly big in Australia but no where near as big as in America so it is so nice to have opinions and encouragement from people all over the world.

This is particularly true and this forum is a wonderful source of information and support, I am so glad you have found your way here!

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 27 2008 at 2:15am | IP Logged Quote Erin

Hi Kate, Welcome from another Aussie mum also

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

tallulah23
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Nov 26 2008 at 9:52am | IP Logged Quote tallulah23

Hi! I'm new to this site. I've been on generic Christian sites before, but am glad to find one with fellow Catholics. My name is Evie, I'm 28 years old and have been married 5 years in January of 2009. I am a SAHM to two children aged 2 and a half and soon to be 1 (my son's birthday is Tuesday). I'm looking to collect useful info for teaching the kids about the liturgical year and finding some fun new Catholic stuff for them! We are in the Jacksonville, FL area and just bought a new home (our first one with a yard and garage!). I plan on homeschooling (God-willing) and look forward to learning from those more experienced than myself. Maggie introduced me to this and I'm VERY grateful. Thanks Maggie!!!
Back to Top View tallulah23's Profile Search for other posts by tallulah23 Visit tallulah23's Homepage

LLR4
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 26 2008 at 10:05am | IP Logged Quote LLR4

Welcome Trixie and Evie!!
I don't get to this intro thread enough, so welcome to ALL who have joined, and I missed.

Back to Top View LLR4's Profile Search for other posts by LLR4 Visit LLR4's Homepage

Plucky Pal
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Nov 27 2008 at 8:16pm | IP Logged Quote Plucky Pal

Hi everyone,

I am a Catholic future homeschooling mom of one boy (4yo), one girl (2yo), and a baby who should be here sometime next summer! We just found out the wonderful news today (Thanksgiving Day)!

I'm looking forward to browsing around this forum :)
God bless!
Back to Top View Plucky Pal's Profile Search for other posts by Plucky Pal

Madam J
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Nov 29 2008 at 5:27pm | IP Logged Quote Madam J

Hello! After lurking for quite a few years, I decided to take the plunge and register. I am a homeschooling mom to 4 sons, ages 11, 9, 6, &
7 months.

I have a few sisters on this board, JennGM, Fuzzy and Celeste.

I will type this up in time for the board closing tomorrow, then Monday we will be going on vacation for a week in Florida (yes, Disney!). May I ask for some prayers as the baby, my 6 year old and I are on antibiotics (and feeling miserable) and my two oldest are complaining of sore throats today. This is a hard hitting cold, and I feel bad for my older kids having to be sick after looking forward to this for months!

I look forward to being part of this group!

J
Back to Top View Madam J's Profile Search for other posts by Madam J

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 29 2008 at 7:51pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Welcome, Plucky Pal (and congrats on your new news!)

And welcome Madam J, aka my younger sister! I wasn't going to let your first post slip by me!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Fuzzy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 29 2008 at 8:40pm | IP Logged Quote Fuzzy

Yay!! Hi, J!!!

I probably will post less now, because all my good advice usually comes from these two sisters.   

Back to Top View Fuzzy's Profile Search for other posts by Fuzzy Visit Fuzzy's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Nov 29 2008 at 8:50pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Welcome, welcome! Thank you for introducing yourselves and I'm praying for your intentions.

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Nique
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 30 2008 at 11:15pm | IP Logged Quote Nique

Hello from Canada!

I am a wife of 14 years, a Mom of 10 years, HS'ing 6 kids with one on the way, Christmas Day and a Catholic for all of my 38 years!
A good friend (perhaps you know her? MaryMary) has told me the Moms on this Forum have helped her become a better Wife, Mom and HSing Teacher and Catholic! What a compliment!
I look forward to meeting you wonderful people and learning all I can from you!
Sincerely,
Nique
Back to Top View Nique's Profile Search for other posts by Nique

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Nov 30 2008 at 11:40pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Welcome Plucky Pal, Madam J, and Nique! Looking forward to your participation in the board discussions.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

littlemenmom
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Dec 01 2008 at 7:01am | IP Logged Quote littlemenmom

Hi, I joined over the Thanksgiving Holiday even though I've been coming for close to a year now! I'm Kathryn I have 9 children and I homeschool the middle school aged ones. I previously homeschooled them all but some health issues as well as logistics led us to put them in school. My heart is in homeschooling though so I look forward to gleaning ideas from this forum. I may not be much of a participant, since I feel like I'm from the school of homeschool failure (don't worry I'm not beating myself up), but I do love the approach embraced here and implement it in just about every corner of our lives!
Oh, 8 boys and 1 girl and we live in Virginia in the lovely Shenandoah Valley!
Back to Top View littlemenmom's Profile Search for other posts by littlemenmom Visit littlemenmom's Homepage

MaryMary
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 01 2008 at 2:35pm | IP Logged Quote MaryMary

Wooooooo-Hoooooo! You pulled me out from lurkdom "Nique"!

And welcome littlemenmom, Madam J, Plucky Pal and all new members...you are gonna love it here!

Back to Top View MaryMary's Profile Search for other posts by MaryMary

Nique
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 01 2008 at 8:45pm | IP Logged Quote Nique

MaryMary, I am just so excited to have something else in common with you! Hopefully this step will bring me closer to helping get one of those floating circles, like the one you have, floating on top of your head of beautiful black ringlets!!
(Ladies, Mary has the natural curls the rest of us pay $100 for ~ just one of her many gifts from God)!

Nique
Wife of man who loooooooves Hockey!
Mom of girl, girl, girl, boy, identical twin girls and boy on the way:)
Back to Top View Nique's Profile Search for other posts by Nique

violingirl
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 01 2008 at 8:49pm | IP Logged Quote violingirl

Hi, everyone. I've been lurking here for several months, and finally got brave enough to start posting. :) I came to find this site through Elizabeth Foss's blog.

My name is Erin and I have 2 little boys, a 3-year-old and a 17-month-old. I've been married to my husband for almost 8 years. He is working full time and also a full-time student. We're praying for more children to add to our family, but we've had quite a struggle with infertility. We keep praying. :)

We've just started working with Montessori at home and I've been studying a lot about the Montessori method. I was already doing many things that are part of the method so it's been a natural fit for us!

I'm the oldest of nine and we were mostly homeschooled, though not in the way I plan to educate our children. I'm so glad to have somewhere to come where our family lifestyle and values fit.
Back to Top View violingirl's Profile Search for other posts by violingirl Visit violingirl's Homepage

<< Prev Page of 10 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version