Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Introduce Yourself (2008) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 21 2008 at 1:31pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Welcome all to our continually growing board. So glad to have you along.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Booksnbabes
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 21 2008 at 4:49pm | IP Logged Quote Booksnbabes

Hi! I'm a new homeschooling mom to 3 (only one school-age right now). I have been visiting this site almost daily for the past couple months, so thought it high time I "outed" myself!   

We are awaiting the letter that will make Holy Family Academy official (I wonder how many other same-named "schools" there are?) and I'm devoting most of my time to trying to figure out how this whole operation is going to work! (Not at all without God's grace!)

I look forward to sharing my journey, as much as time permits, with this wonderful group of women! Thank you for all the help you have already been to me.

God bless you all!
Back to Top View Booksnbabes's Profile Search for other posts by Booksnbabes

Babs
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 26 2008 at 6:20pm | IP Logged Quote Babs

Hi Everyone! I am a mom of four boys, two of whom are currently homeschooling. My two older boys are in medical school and college, the two younger are 9 and 7.

I have been enjoying the wisdom and experience here for a while and I am finally introducing myself. You have been such a blessing to me already and I am looking forward to getting to know you better.

God Bless!

Back to Top View Babs's Profile Search for other posts by Babs

fivenoises
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Aug 14 2008 at 3:25pm | IP Logged Quote fivenoises

Hi there, I am a homeschooling mom to three: dd 12 (in a few weeks), ds 10 and dd 2.75. My husband is atheist but that's really the only snag in our situation. I've been blessed to have him and our children and to be able to stay home all these years!

I just joined because we are in a time of discernment and I am hoping to have some ladies share their wisdom. As the older two are getting older, we are considering school for them. We just decided NOT to send ds10 but are still wondering about dd12. It looks like we have three more weeks before the school year begins. I am praying very often!

I look forward to becoming active within this beautiful Catholic community.
Back to Top View fivenoises's Profile Search for other posts by fivenoises

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Aug 14 2008 at 5:24pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

I'm glad you've joined us. Welcome all.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Mum2best7
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Aug 20 2008 at 8:22am | IP Logged Quote Mum2best7

Hi, I'm Mary Brazeau, Communications person for Western Mass Catholic Homeschoolers. I have 7 children. The oldest 2 are college age. They went to Public HS after a mix of homeschool, public and Catholic. My youngest 5 have never been to brick and mortar school.
This is our 13th year. WMCH has a coop again which we'll attend every Monday.

Where is the best thread for posting announcements? We will be running a New England Catholic Homeschool Conference June 6, 2009 in Chicopee, MA (Where the Mass Pike and I91 meet) We are hoping for a big turn out!
Information is at our public site wmch.stblogs.com
Back to Top View Mum2best7's Profile Search for other posts by Mum2best7

OHmomof2
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Aug 28 2008 at 4:13pm | IP Logged Quote OHmomof2

Hello ladies! My name is Pam and our family lives in NE Ohio. We have 2 dds. The oldest is 16 and in 11th grade and the youngest is 12 (13 in October) and in 7th grade. We have been hsing since our oldest was in 1st grade and have pretty much used MODG/DYOCC. I'm looking forward to sharing/gleaning information here on this board. I must sheepishly admit that I come and read the boards daily, but have yet to post. I actually just posted here for the first time today.
Blessings,
Pam
Back to Top View OHmomof2's Profile Search for other posts by OHmomof2

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 28 2008 at 4:23pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

Welcome Mary and Pam! With so much hs experience between the two of you, I look forward to your contributions!
Pam, you can put that announcement up on Real Learning if you like.

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

Mama Mia 4
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Sept 01 2008 at 7:48pm | IP Logged Quote Mama Mia 4

Hi,

I have been lurking on these forums for awhile and have just now joined.

I am a homeschooling mom to four boys, ages 16, 13, 10 & 8. We're entering our 11th year of homeschooling. We started out with STAA, switched to a modified MODG, switched again to a modified CHC and then finally ended up creating my own plans. Basically, I now follow a CM/relaxed/borderline unschooling philosophy.

My hobbies include reading (mysteries and all things related to Catholicism), making chain rosaries, assorted crafts, x-country skiing, and walking. I've enjoyed reading what others have had to share and hope to be able to participate more.

Joanna
Back to Top View Mama Mia 4's Profile Search for other posts by Mama Mia 4

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 01 2008 at 9:10pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

Welcome, Joanna! Glad to have you here!

Looking forward to sharing with you!

mrsgranola
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 01 2008 at 9:26pm | IP Logged Quote mrsgranola

Welcome Joanna!

The "old" JoAnna in NC

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Sept 02 2008 at 2:52pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Welcome Joanna, Pam, Mary, and all! So glad to see you here!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Nature Mama
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Sept 04 2008 at 11:59pm | IP Logged Quote Nature Mama

Hi :)
Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone and let you know how much I have enjoyed looking around and reading all of the different forums!
I am a homeschooling mom to 3 great kids in beautiful British Columbia, Canada. My son is 9 and in gr.4, my daughter just turned 5 and is starting Kindergarten and my youngest son is 2 and a real monkey *grin*. We've been HS'ing since the beginning and this is the first year that I'm teaching two at the same time so it has been a bit of a challenge to get everyone into a new routine but so far so good :) I'm looking forward to getting to now some of you better.
Blessings,
Rosina
Huber Hof Academy
Back to Top View Nature Mama's Profile Search for other posts by Nature Mama

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Sept 05 2008 at 12:02am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Welcome, Rosina. Our Canadian membership is going up it seems.

Our Domestic Church

chickpea
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Sept 08 2008 at 7:19am | IP Logged Quote chickpea

Hello ladies!

I've been lurking for a while now, and finally decided to officially join and start posting (mostly questions at first )!

I'm a SAHM to two kids: DD is 4.5 and DS is 2. I'm going to start homeschooling this year (a little late ) and as I get ready I'm going to be posting over in the "Early Childhood Learning" forum.

I look forward to the discussions...
Terry
Back to Top View chickpea's Profile Search for other posts by chickpea

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Sept 08 2008 at 12:45pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Welcome Terry! Great to see you here!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

lilangels
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Sept 09 2008 at 4:53pm | IP Logged Quote lilangels

Hello -

I want to introduce myself. I am Barbara - mom to 4 girls ages 12, 10, almost 7 and almost 5 and 1 boy who is 16 months. We've been homeschooling forever and I know several folks here from lots of boards over the years who I have learned so much from starting long ago with the 4 Real Learning loop on yahoo groups, CCE, other Charlotte Mason lists, etc. and Mary Chris from way back in Waldorf land nearly 8+ years ago (Hi, Mary Chris - I saw your name as moderator and knew it must be you!).

We have mostly done a Latin Centered Charlotte Mason type of thing pulling from many resources in many places. I am looking forward to reading the wisdom of all the wonderful ladies on this list and hope I can have something worth while to contribute as well.

Thanks!

Pax Christi, Barbara

BTW Can someone tell me how to get my cute little avatar up and signature? I don't seem to have a link for it in my control panel - or I'm blind and it is right there! Not unlikely.
Back to Top View lilangels's Profile Search for other posts by lilangels

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Sept 09 2008 at 5:51pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

lilangels wrote:
BTW Can someone tell me how to get my cute little avatar up and signature? I don't seem to have a link for it in my control panel - or I'm blind and it is right there! Not unlikely.

Welcome to the 4 Real message boards, Terry and Barbara.

For Barbara and any other newer members who are interested. In order to add an avatar you need to have and 10 posts before you can edit that part of your profile.

Our Domestic Church

Lori
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 10 2008 at 2:06pm | IP Logged Quote Lori

Hello! I am Lori, and I have been homeschooling for nearly 2 yrs now (started mid-year) with our now-10-yr-old ds, and just added our 4, 6 and 7 yr old little ones to the mix this year. I use an ecclectic mix of Charlotte Mason, Montessori, and other things that speak to my heart.

My husband, Rob, and I have been married for nearly 17 years. I have read this forum off and on since I discovered it a couple of years ago, but just finally decided to join. I look forward to some wonderful online fellowship!
Back to Top View Lori's Profile Search for other posts by Lori

Maren
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Sept 24 2008 at 11:38am | IP Logged Quote Maren

Hi! My name is Maren and I have two kids. Robbie is four and Hannah is two. I'm just now starting to homeschool Rob, and I've read "Education in the Heart of the Home," which I thought was great and totally articulated the reasons why I want to homeschool. I'm drawn to a Charlotte Mason style of schooling, but I don't know anyone who really implements it.
Back to Top View Maren's Profile Search for other posts by Maren

<< Prev Page of 10 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version