Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Introduce Yourself (2008) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 30 2008 at 4:15pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

How happy I am to welcome all new members! Thank you for sharing your introductions DKT, Mandmsmom, Mary, Susan, Momtimesfour, Lisa, Meghan, Jen, Leslie, Marie, and Jade. Please do jump into the discussions and let us know any specific situations or questions that you would like addressed.

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

deselmsfam
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Jan 30 2008 at 10:32pm | IP Logged Quote deselmsfam

Hi everyone! My name is Beth, I have been married for nearly 8 years, and we have two wonderful children who we've been homeschooling, ages 6 and 5. My husband is a US Marine, and we are currently living in the desert in California. I stumbled across this site just looking for a used curriculum, then I saw what all this board has to offer, and I'm really excited to have found it! We are a Catholic family, and I'm excited to see some other Catholic homeschoolers here. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Blessings,
Beth
Back to Top View deselmsfam's Profile Search for other posts by deselmsfam

MamaJoy
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Feb 11 2008 at 9:06pm | IP Logged Quote MamaJoy

Hello! My name is Joy and dh and I have 3 sons, ages 5, 8, and 14. The two younger boys attend a Montessori school and the oldest is currently an 8th grader at a university-sponsored charter school. In between the elementary years at Catholic school, we've homeschooled him using both Seton and Oak Meadow. We've had the most success with Oak Meadow and it's modified Waldorf approach. I would like to homeschool for high school, and feel joining this forum will give me support to help make the best decision for us.
Back to Top View MamaJoy's Profile Search for other posts by MamaJoy

sunny
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 12 2008 at 1:38pm | IP Logged Quote sunny

hello everyone. I am a mother of ds age 4 and dd 2 1/2. We recently moved from New York City to Miami. Dh and I both had many freinds and successful careers in NYC but decided it wasnt the best place to raise our dc. I am retired from my work and now only work sometimes. We are considering homeschooling but even if we dont do it, I hope to have a home filled with the love and faith and learning that you ladies seem to have. Also, you may or may not think this is funny but I just registered yesterday and was preparing to write this intro but decided to read a few others first.   The first one I read was yours, Elizabeth. I have your book in my amazon shopping cart!!! I was waiting to order it until I choose a few others to save on shipping! I registered for this forum before I knew! I am very excited to be in this forum with you and so many other like minded people whom I admire and respect!
Back to Top View sunny's Profile Search for other posts by sunny

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 13 2008 at 12:00am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Welcome, Beth, Joy and Sunny! This is a wonderful place to be! Let us know if you need any help around here. Just jump in!

By the way............where are you in the CA desert? I am in CA, too..........obviously NOT in desert way up here near the OR border!

Isa in Michigan
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Feb 16 2008 at 10:04am | IP Logged Quote Isa in Michigan

Hello everyone! I'm Isa (pronounced ee-sa, short for Isabel). I was born in Spain (the Canary Islands), but have grown up in Michigan since the age of five.

The ages of my children are 8,7,5,4,2,1. The oldest two are boys, followed by three girls, and then a boy. I suffered a miscarriage five months ago, but am currently expecting my seventh.

Right now I am homeschooling my oldest three. I enjoy it very much, and consider it to be my favorite part of the day.

I look forward to participating in this forum and getting to know all of you.

Back to Top View Isa in Michigan's Profile Search for other posts by Isa in Michigan Visit Isa in Michigan's Homepage

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 16 2008 at 10:20am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Welcome, Isa!

Congratulations on your beautiful family!

I have 6 right now, their ages below, and I think the BEST part of homeschooling for me, is seeing the relationships my kids have with each other. Not the main reason we homeschooled..........but main reason we continue.

Enjoy the boards.......they are a wonderful place to be!

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Feb 18 2008 at 8:43am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Welcome, welcome! Beth, Joy, Sunny, and Isa, thank you for your introductions and I hope you have a lovely time here.

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

JoBeth in OH
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Feb 20 2008 at 11:20am | IP Logged Quote JoBeth in OH

Hello, my name is Bethany. I am the mother of Christian 6yo, Harrison 2yo, and Samuel 3m. We live in Ohio, and are just beginning our swim across the Tiber and our hs journey. We are (for now) officially Lutheran, but hope to begin RCIA very soon. Dh and I have said we are already Catholic in our hearts if not in name.

I was introduced to this wonderful place (indeed, CM altogether) by stefoodie, whom I am very lucky to know IRL. (Hi Stef!) I have lurked here for a long time, and gleaned much from your collective wisdom. I look forward to taking part and growing with you!

Back to Top View JoBeth in OH's Profile Search for other posts by JoBeth in OH

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Feb 20 2008 at 11:27am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Welcome, Bethany! I'm an IRL friend of stef and she introduced me to this group as well! I'm pretty sure this makes us friends . Thanks for the introduction and may your time here be blessed.

Love,

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 20 2008 at 7:14pm | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

Welcome, Beth, Joy, Sunny and Isa! Isa, my eldest's first name is Aurora Isabella, and we call her Aisa for short (Eye-sah).

Bethany, so good to see you here!! Yay!

Angie, my regret is not having introduced you two when we were all still in PA.

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

RamFam
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 21 2008 at 1:17pm | IP Logged Quote RamFam

Hello, All!

My name is Leah Ramirez. I have six children: Tom (1987-2007), Kyle ('88, stationed in Japan), Adeline ('00), Wyatt ('05), Isaac ('07) and Baby due May 26th.

I am fairly new to homeschooling, Catholicism, and openness to life. We are still formulating our long term curriculum and have ventured into The Well Trained Mind, Real Learning, unschooling... We seem to rabbit trail often.

I hope to learn from some pro's here and to gain some needed socialization, as I just relocated from my birthplace in TX to Northern Virginia. This seems to be a group of wonderful ladies helping one another toward heaven. Thanks for being here for me.

Leah Ramirez :)
Back to Top View RamFam's Profile Search for other posts by RamFam Visit RamFam's Homepage

Patricia
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Feb 21 2008 at 2:32pm | IP Logged Quote Patricia

Glory to Jesus Christ! Hello to all! I'm new here... though I've been reading the posts from time to time for awhile now. I'm a Byzantine Catholic homeschool mom with 5 children (Abraham [12], Abigail [10], Isaac [8], Silas [5] & Agnes [2]) - we await the birth of our 6th child in June. I am looking forward to hearing how others live out the liturgical year in their own domestic monasteries! God bless, Patricia in WV   
Back to Top View Patricia's Profile Search for other posts by Patricia

meldogsun
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Feb 21 2008 at 10:09pm | IP Logged Quote meldogsun

Hi, I'm Melanie Sunukjian, wife of Luke, mom of a 3.5yog and a 1.5 yob, resident of the nation's capital and lover of Jesus. I'm drawn to most natural things (homebirth, breastfeeding, traditional foods, etc.) and homeschooling seems to be an extension of that. I love the idea of unit studies, Charlotte Mason's philosophy, and a touch of classical. I am here to learn and hopefully someday have things to offer. Thankful for this community and looking forward to the journey!

=), melanie
Back to Top View meldogsun's Profile Search for other posts by meldogsun

SusanJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 22 2008 at 7:14am | IP Logged Quote SusanJ

Welcome, Melanie! Great to see you here.

Susan

Back to Top View SusanJ's Profile Search for other posts by SusanJ Visit SusanJ's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Feb 22 2008 at 8:05am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Welcome Leah, Patricia, and Melanie! Please do jump into the conversation and thank you for your introductions.

Love,

Rachel29
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Feb 26 2008 at 10:30pm | IP Logged Quote Rachel29

Hi, I am Rachel. I am a Catholic convert from Evangelical Presbyterianism (lots in common with Scott Hahn). I am very happily married to Robert and we have 3 kids, Andrew 89, Ben 96, Autumn 00.

Andrew was unschooled until he chose to go to 9th grade. He will be graduating this year. He is very active in the media/video department at school, this year being the Director/Producer of the Video Year Book. He is also the captain of the Fencing Team. He is a fabulous drummer and is currently in 2 alternative rock bands. He just got accepted to Georgia State for next fall (his first choice) and will major in Film. He is a fabulous young man, devoted to his faith. We love the adult Andrew is becoming.

Ben was unschooled until 2nd grade and has been in school and back homeschooling several times since then. He is currently in a special needs public school. He is a great kid who happens to suffer from Bipolar disorder and learns much more slowly than the average kid, reading very well below what is considered grade level. The plan is maybe one more year of school (next year being a private school that is really neat) and then to come home, hopefully for good. He loves pc and video games. Ben's a handful but we love him to bits!

Autumn is unschooled and will hopefully remain so. She sings, dances, draws and is generally our free spirit. She is still struggling with reading, but I believe she'll finally 'get it ' when she is really ready. Autumn's the only girl and very much loved. She is very excited to getting 'Jesus' this year as she will make her First Communion in May.

I found this site after reading Elizabeth Foss' book Real Learning.

Looking forward to some illuminating conversation.

Peace,
Rachel

Unscripted
Back to Top View Rachel29's Profile Search for other posts by Rachel29

Leonie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 26 2008 at 11:37pm | IP Logged Quote Leonie

Cool to see you here, Rachel!

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 27 2008 at 12:06am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Hi, Rachel! Nice to meet you and your family! Welcome to the boards! Feel free to jump in to conversation and let us know if there is anything we can do for you!

melanie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 27 2008 at 10:14am | IP Logged Quote melanie

Hi Rachel,

Your post caught my eye... :)
My 8yo nephew has lived with us for the last year and a half and has been diagnosed with ADHD...pretty severe symptoms...and they have talked for the last year or so of diagnosing him with bipolar disorder. I'd love to pick your brain. :) They gave me a calendar to use to chart his moods and such, and I'm having a hard time with it...like what does manic behavior in an 8yo look like, especially when they have ADHD...compared to everyone else, he seems manic all the time!

slightlycrunchycatholic.blogspot.com
Back to Top View melanie's Profile Search for other posts by melanie Visit melanie's Homepage

<< Prev Page of 10 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version