Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Introduce Yourself (2008) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Heliodora
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 17 2008 at 6:47pm | IP Logged Quote Heliodora

Welcome, crusermom, from another nomadic military mom. I share your same dream of homesteading one day (and being close to Church.)

Prove all things, hold fast that which is good. -1 Thessalonians 5:21
Heliotropium
Back to Top View Heliodora's Profile Search for other posts by Heliodora Visit Heliodora's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Jan 17 2008 at 9:59pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Welcome Tammy and crusermom! Thanks for your introductions and please do jump on into the never-ending discussion .

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 17 2008 at 10:35pm | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

Hello to all the new members! This board has been a wealth of information and such a wonderful support.    

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

SimplyMom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 18 2008 at 11:33am | IP Logged Quote SimplyMom

Hello,

We are in Portland, Oregon. We have been home-educating for a year and a half and are currently educating our four youngest children at home.

We don't really follow a set curriculum preferring to pick and chose among the many wonderful resources available to us.

Not really sure what else to say.

-DKT
Back to Top View SimplyMom's Profile Search for other posts by SimplyMom Visit SimplyMom's Homepage

mandmsmom2001
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Jan 18 2008 at 11:50am | IP Logged Quote mandmsmom2001

I have been neglegent in introducing myself. I've been reading posts for a while, am a former member of the yahoo group and was a frequent visitor to the old 4reallearning website. I'm glad to be reconnecting here.

I have been married to DH for 14 years and we have 2 sons - ages 10 and 6. The boys have always been home and we can't imagine any other way of life. I'm looking forward to reading, learning and getting to know folks on this site.
Back to Top View mandmsmom2001's Profile Search for other posts by mandmsmom2001

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 19 2008 at 12:06am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Welcome to both of you!!

DKT, I am only about 6.5 hrs south of you, just down the highway

I wanted to invite you to join a "local" list we have for folks on the westcoast.........we have a yearly campout.

here is a post about our campout

the list website is in that post

Most of us have 4 or more kids...and most of us homeschool like you....and we all live in the west...see how well you would fit in

Let us know if there is any way we can help you on these boards!

So Blessed
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Jan 21 2008 at 7:07am | IP Logged Quote So Blessed

Hi ladies,

I'm Mary, live in the Midwest, and have 4 boys and 3 girls ages 13 to 1. We have homeschooled from the beginning so we're in our 9th year. Can't wait to get to know you all!
Back to Top View So Blessed's Profile Search for other posts by So Blessed

Dawnie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 21 2008 at 10:41am | IP Logged Quote Dawnie

SoBlessed,

Welcome! We're in the Midwest, too. Wichita, Kansas.

Dawn

SusanMc
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 21 2008 at 1:52pm | IP Logged Quote SusanMc

Hello y'all,

I'm a mama to a darling baby boy down here in Beaumont, Texas. I know it is a little early to be homeschooling but I'm looking to learn as much as I can ahead of time!

~Susan
Back to Top View SusanMc's Profile Search for other posts by SusanMc

momtimesfour
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Jan 22 2008 at 5:14pm | IP Logged Quote momtimesfour

Hello!

My friend KelleBelle sent me a link to the boards once she found out I've been reading Real Learning. She said y'all were a wonderful group of homeschoolers and that she's learned much here. In reading this intro thread, I see several people I've "met" on other forums and lists... it's kind of like arriving late to a family reunion. I used to go by lucyinaz in years past.

My husband and I have been married for 15 years this coming May. (Well... that's a long story for another time. Our marriage was convalidated in 2007.) We have four children: 12yo son, 7yo son, 3yo son, and 1yo daughter. We've homeschooled since our eldest son began 1st grade - except for the year of public school that the 12yo & 7yo endured last year. I had hit the point of total burnout: 2 long pregnancies, a year of battling infant reflux and sleep deprivation, a newborn, and drowning in a sea of "too much on my plate." Our stint in ps was actually a good experience in that it taught us a few things about our family, one of which was that we need to be homeschooling!

I'm looking forward to posting with y'all. I've been reading threads as I can and will post a slew of questions soon. I'm so happy to find a vibrant homeschooling community!
Back to Top View momtimesfour's Profile Search for other posts by momtimesfour Visit momtimesfour's Homepage

Lisa H
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Jan 22 2008 at 8:15pm | IP Logged Quote Lisa H

Hello Everyone,

I not sure what to say so here I go....

My name is Lisa, wife to a great Hubby, momma to 4 wonderful kids (ages 13-5). We live in southeast Louisiana (born and raised). I have be educating my kids at home for about 5 years now.
I'm kinda embrassed to say but I have been reading the boards for awhile and I was a little shy about introucing myself-I am no where as knowledgeable as all of you. I have learned alot and know I will continue learning from all of you.

Thanks, Lisa
Back to Top View Lisa H's Profile Search for other posts by Lisa H

cathmomof2
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Jan 23 2008 at 4:18pm | IP Logged Quote cathmomof2

This is a re-intro, but it's been forever and I think I've only posted once or twice and then I forgot my username, and then my password, and then I couldn't figure out how to turn cookies on so after I got my password I still couldn't login. Ah well...here I am!
I'm Meghan, mom to 4 (three on earth and one recently lost in miscarriage). We live in Northern WI.
This forum is a great support and I love getting ideas from here. I use some "boxed" stuff for our schooling, and some not. I'm hoping to be more active, but with Lent coming up that might have to wait.
Look forward to chatting with ya'll!
God Bless,
Meghan
Back to Top View cathmomof2's Profile Search for other posts by cathmomof2

ctjen4
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Jan 25 2008 at 7:52pm | IP Logged Quote ctjen4

As a homeschooling mom of 4 in CT, I am excited to join this group so I can get back on track. After homeschooling for 5 almost 6 years now, I have managed to loose the creative and natural learning atmosphere I once had. I fell into the place of teaching school at home and within 1 year found myself experiencing a complete burnout. Now I am ready to refocus and bring joy filled learning and living back into our home.
Take care,
Jen
Back to Top View ctjen4's Profile Search for other posts by ctjen4

Lara Sauer
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 25 2008 at 8:21pm | IP Logged Quote Lara Sauer

Hi Meghan,(cathmomof2)

Just wondering how far north, you mean when you say "northern" Wisconsin?

I was born and raised just south of Green Bay, which is north, by Milwaukee's standard, but south by Superior's.

Welcome to the forum. There is tons of "scope for the imagination" here in the immortal words of Anne Shirley (Anne of Green Gables)

Just for the sake of "truth" in geography I am currently residing in Virginia, just 15 minutes south of D.C.

Peace.

Leslie
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Jan 27 2008 at 10:48pm | IP Logged Quote Leslie

Hi,
I stumbled upon Elizabeth's Real Learning blog about a week ago (truly, I feel like I was lead right to it!)
I'm mom to two boys age 6 (tomorrow!) and almost 2 and a little girl who will be 4 in March.
I am a very new catholic and came into the church without completing RCIA. It is a long story (and I'm sure you may hear bits of it as we get to know one another!), but my husband and I both came into the church in our oldest's hospital room when he was diagnosed with Leukemia nearly 3 years ago.
I need to be honest here, because that is why I am so excited to meet all of you...I feel like have NO IDEA what I'm doing as a Catholic, but I have a deep desire to grow in my understanding and my ability to pass my faith onto my children.
We are not homeschooling our children...yet. I was "unschooled" by my parents (back before anyone really called it that) and feel so blessed for the gift of home education they gave me. I'm just praying for the courage to give the same gift to my children! Reading some of the (your) stories/blogs this week has really inspired me.
I didn't mean to write a book, but I am very happy to have found you all and hope to get to know some of you really soon!
Leslie
Ft. Belvoir, VA
Back to Top View Leslie's Profile Search for other posts by Leslie

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: Jan 27 2008 at 11:24pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

Welcome, Leslie!
There are lots of us on the board from Virginia too.

This forum is a great place to be to learn lots about how to live as a Catholic and how to raise Catholic children. I hope you'll feel free to ask questions about the Catholic faith if you have them too.

It's my favorite place to hang out in cyberspace!

Marie
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Jan 29 2008 at 12:25pm | IP Logged Quote Marie

Hi All!

I'm Marie, mom to 2 little ones - a boy aged 2 1/2 and a girl who is 10 months. We live up near Vancouver, British Columbia (Canada). I'm married to Matthew who is an elementary school teacher and we've been interested in homeschooling for awhile because we know a few good friends who are homeschoolers. I'm not homeschooling at this point of course but just gathering ideas and inspiration for later, and for now when the babies are just littles. I've been reading you wise ladies for almost a year now and thought it was about time to start contributing a bit.
It's great to be here!

~Marie
Back to Top View Marie's Profile Search for other posts by Marie

aimeejade
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Jan 29 2008 at 3:13pm | IP Logged Quote aimeejade

Hello! My name is Jade and we're from Southern California! I have been married to Bryant since 2002. He is a public high school choral director. We are raising four blessings...so far...a niece 4, a son 4, a son 2, and a daughter 10 months. We are still gathering as much information to start our year of Kindergarten in the Fall, so any help would be lovely...Thank you for welcoming me...
Back to Top View aimeejade's Profile Search for other posts by aimeejade

Bridget
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 29 2008 at 3:18pm | IP Logged Quote Bridget

Welcome Marie and Jade! I love seeing you young moms who haven't even started formal hs'ing yet but are so interested. It is such a wonderful way of family life. A huge blessing. I am so grateful for it.

God Bless your families!

Back to Top View Bridget's Profile Search for other posts by Bridget Visit Bridget's Homepage

jenk
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 30 2008 at 3:52pm | IP Logged Quote jenk

Hi,
I've read posts on this forum for some time now and finally decided to join- There are several lovely blogs that led me here.
About me: I live in FL with my husband and two boys. And while we've had many blessings here, I'm originally from VA and I miss the change of seasons. We've been a homeschooling family going on 5 years and my homeschooling style has evolved over time. I relax more with each passing year. I'm very attracted to CM style learning even though I don't put all of it into practice- definitely a work in progress. I am not Catholic but married into the faith. I'd had no notion to convert when we were first married but now I'm questioning. My boys are both baptized Catholic and are going through CCD- my youngest for first communion next year. We're currently attending one of the several Catholic churches in our area.
I have recently been interested in adding Christian celebrations based on the Liturgical year into our homeschool experience so we've started learning about saints' days and we're preparing for Lent. I'm learning right along with my boys- LOL! We're also working on memorizing traditional Catholic prayers.
My oldest (12)is in 6th grade and my youngest (just turned 7) is in 1st.   
Thanks for letting me be here!!!     
Back to Top View jenk's Profile Search for other posts by jenk Visit jenk's Homepage

<< Prev Page of 10 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version