Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Introduce Yourself (2008) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 03 2008 at 2:46pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Welcome ladies! This board and the ladies here have been such a blessing to me - I know you'll find the same blessings!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

D. Marie
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Dec 04 2008 at 8:37pm | IP Logged Quote D. Marie

Hello Ya'll!

I'm a newbie, introduced to the forum by a fellow homeschooler. My husband is active duty Army and we are stationed in Washington for the time being. We currently have 6 children ages 11 yrs.-2 yrs. that we have homeschooled from the beginning. I am so excited to be a part of this group. I've been afraid to join a forum- I'm computer illiterate!! LOL So I look forward to "meeting" all of you.

God's blessings to all,
Diane
Back to Top View D. Marie's Profile Search for other posts by D. Marie

KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 05 2008 at 7:44am | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

Welcome to all the newbies!!! This is such a wonderful place to be. Diane K, my husband is active duty Army as well, stationed at Fort Hood, TX.

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

Michaela
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 05 2008 at 10:26pm | IP Logged Quote Michaela

Diane K wrote:
Hello Ya'll!

I'm a newbie, introduced to the forum by a fellow homeschooler. My husband is active duty Army and we are stationed in Washington for the time being. We currently have 6 children ages 11 yrs.-2 yrs. that we have homeschooled from the beginning. I am so excited to be a part of this group. I've been afraid to join a forum- I'm computer illiterate!! LOL So I look forward to "meeting" all of you.

God's blessings to all,
Diane

Hi Diane. Welcome to the forums. Long time no see.   

mary theresa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 12 2008 at 9:52pm | IP Logged Quote mary theresa

Welcome, everyone!

Nique, my husband LOVES hockey too! He is so obsessed its funny and scary at the same time! What's your team? Ours (mine by association with the MAIN FAN, lol) is the Washington Capitals.   

Nique
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 14 2008 at 11:23pm | IP Logged Quote Nique

Hi Mary Theresa!

How nice to read of someone else who is .. what some might call a Hockey Widow;) "Our" team is The Detroit RedWings..I tell ya, he eats, breathes and includes them in about every other conversation!! When we first got married, he convinced me Detroit had just as many Canadian players as The Toronto Maple Leafs! So I switched over. I've never understood the violence of hockey nor the rules, so I basically looked forward to the songs the D.J played for the fans whenever, wherever we went. Now he has children to teach the love of his favourite sport too!
Thanks for writing to me! You have such a pretty name Mary Theresa!!
------------------------------------------------------------ ------------
Nique
Wife of man who loooooooves Hockey!
Mom of girl, girl, girl, boy, identical twin girls and boy on the way:)
Back to Top View Nique's Profile Search for other posts by Nique

greengables
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 16 2008 at 9:44am | IP Logged Quote greengables

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie. My name is Jill, but when I signed up in 2006 I was enjoying the nickname my husband affectionately calls me(Kate). My sister ALmom and several friends introduced me to 4real several years ago, but I am a busy homeschool mom and not too good on the computer. I first joined this group back in 2006, but then could not figure out how to get back on for quite some time (probably over a year).
Anyway now I get on sometimes, but not too often, but I really wanted to post today about the prayer for the dying and then realized I was suppose to introduce myself first. Oops! Sorry!! Then it took me some time to figure out where to go to introduce myself.    Thank you ladies for all your sharing, caring, prayers and support! God bless you all!

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Dec 16 2008 at 9:52am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Oh, Jill!!! I'm so excited to *see* you here!!! I hope you'll have the time to contribute some, you have so much to offer here. Welcome (back)!

Do you want us to call you Kate or Jill???

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

greengables
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 16 2008 at 10:17am | IP Logged Quote greengables

Though I love the name Kate, Jill is probably best as it may be too confusing. I have to admit that when I saw Kate on the signature I was quite surprised!    I don't know how to change the signature though.

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Dec 16 2008 at 10:35am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

holyhomesmom wrote:
I don't know how to change the signature though.

Click on settings in the top right corner...

Click on edit profile...

Scroll down to signature and edit away in that box to the right of "signature" - you should be able to remove Kate and change it to whatever...or nothing if you like.

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Dec 16 2008 at 11:01am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

But members do need to have 10 posts before they are able to access all the features at the edit profile section, so you might find you can't change everything yet.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Byzimama
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Dec 17 2008 at 3:21pm | IP Logged Quote Byzimama

Hello Ladies! I am introducing myself after finding your site yesterday.
I am a mom of 7. 2 in heaven and 5 in my care. I have a ds, Cyprian 6, dd, Helena 4, dd, Anna 3, dd, Eva 2 and ds, Thaddeus 7mo. I have been married for 7 years. I was homeschooled 18 years and grew up in the Pacific northwest; now I live in Canada and am just starting to look toward that more formalized kind of educating. I am Byzantine Catholic and have educated my children so far with living the domestic church and calling upon Solomon the wise to guide me with the multitude of conflict resolution that I preside over everyday. :) I just recently realized that I am building the foundation to education: discipline!
Back to Top View Byzimama's Profile Search for other posts by Byzimama

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 17 2008 at 3:31pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Hello Byzimama, what a great play on words, your Byzantine faith and the fact homeschooling mums are busy!!

I love your children's names, so beautiful!

What little you have said about your domestic church is actually very profound, I look forward to hearing more from you and all the ladies that have found their way here recently.

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

MindyG
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Dec 22 2008 at 7:53am | IP Logged Quote MindyG

Hi!

My name is Mindy and I am a Catholic mother of 17 mo old twins (boy/girl). I have been reading on this site for a while now, as there is so much good advice to be found. But I need to ask a question, so I have finally joined.

I am hoping to be able to homeschool when my babies are bigger, and I know this forum is a wealth of knowledge and inspiration. I am so glad it is available and that such faithful people find time to offer their help to others.

Thank
Back to Top View MindyG's Profile Search for other posts by MindyG

Nique
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 22 2008 at 11:10pm | IP Logged Quote Nique

Welcome Mindy!

I too am a HSing Mom, with twins!! And a "Forum Newbie". So much to read and learn from, eh? I joined just this month, as a Christmas present to myself:) Looking forward to getting to know you!
---------------------------------------------------------
Sincerely,

Nique
Wife to man who loooooooooves Hockey
Mom to girl, girl, girl, boy, twin girls and boy DUE ANY DAY NOW!

sunshinyliving
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Dec 23 2008 at 10:13am | IP Logged Quote sunshinyliving

Hello,

My name is Diana and I am mom to six wonderful children: 4 daughters (12, 10, 7, 1) and 2 sons (5, and "Peanut" who is due March '08). I've enjoyed lurking on this forum for quite a while and have finally decided to figure out how to join. One thing I love about 4Real is the underlying Catholicity. I'm in the awkward position of being an Anglican who desperately wishes to join the Catholic church, but am married to an Anglican priest. With my husband's blessing I am able to teach our children the Catholic faith and hope that one day they will become a part of the Church.   

I haven't been able to figure out the signature line either, so I'll just put our family blog link here
Back to Top View sunshinyliving's Profile Search for other posts by sunshinyliving

mary theresa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 23 2008 at 8:33pm | IP Logged Quote mary theresa

Welcome, Jill, Byzimama, Mindy and Diana! I'm glad you are here!

Nique,
thanks! Most ppl just call me Mary, but I always wished to be called both names, so now I can be "online"

Nique wrote:
what some might call a Hockey Widow;)   

Oh yes!!    There are SO MANY games in a hockey season, aren't there?    
I went to a game with my crazy fan once this year. Basically I just sit and laugh at how spazzed out and hoarse he gets. And then I pick the cutest player and teaze him that I want that one's name on a jersey and then I stare are all the other crazy fans then I go get something to eat . . . and, yes, listen to the music and watch the screen for entertainment. . . etc.

does your dh play hockey at all? Mine has three younger bros that are getting him to play on their pick-up team. *sigh* more hockey . . .

He can't wait till we have boys to teach to play, but for now he's teaching the girls to say "GO CAPS CAPS CAPS!" it's really cute.

Nique
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 23 2008 at 11:41pm | IP Logged Quote Nique

Mary Theresa,

How funny you are! Next Hockey Game I get invited too, you're coming! I think it'd be so much fun sitting next to you!!
Actually, when I realized The Detroit Red Wings had just as many cute players as The Toronto Maple Leafs, that was what told me it was "okay" to switch over.
Thankfully my DH does not play..he is in a Hockey Pool this year tho. and the phone was "occupied" for a couple of hours tonight as he made his picks for the re-draft! He takes it all very seriously!
Even got the kids Red Wing Jersey's for Christmas one year!
Pick up team, eh? Sounds like Daddy is going to gain some extra muscles (grr..) Behave yourself now;) ~ hee,hee!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 10
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version