Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Introduce Yourself (2007) (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
asplendidtime
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 10 2007 at 3:04pm | IP Logged  

Hello,

My name is Rebecca, I am a cradle Catholic. I am a homeschool Mom with 7 little ones, their ages are 8, 7, 6, 5, 3, 2, and 1!

I am fairly new to homeschooling, in that I have only really been doing it for 3 years now. Our last year we have been homeschooling in Alberta which is the most restrictive homeschooling Province in Canada. Our oldest boy is difficult to deal with, so it is tough much of the time. Then there is the worry if I am doing enough.    My clash between what I had idealised that homeschooling would be like and the reality of it, has put me into a difficult period. But hopefully there is transformation on the other side? I think I am emerging from that disappointment.    I am thinking of a butterfly here...    

I am interested in Charlotte Mason, I have her Original Homeschool series, but have only just begun the first book. I also really enjoyed "A Pocketful of Pinecones" by Karen Andreola, and have read various articles online.

Peace of Christ,
RebeccaJ
Back to Top View asplendidtime's Profile Search for other posts by asplendidtime Visit asplendidtime's Homepage

nicole marie
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: April 10 2007 at 3:05pm | IP Logged  

Hello! I am brand new to this and I am not sure if I am doing it right...but I really wanted to give it a try. I am a new mom of an eight month old beautiful daughter and wife to a truly amazing man. My husband and I are both cradle catholics and so desire to raise our children up with a strong love of the faith. We plan on homeschooling as our DD gets older. I have been browsing the Loving the Little Ones forum for quite sometime and have found it incredibly helpful as I make my way on this new journey of motherhood. (Sometimes it helps just to know you are not the only one!) I think this is such a wonderful place for moms to share and fellowship. I have already found that being a stay at home mom is not welcome by society, so it is so comforting to find a place with other kindred spirits! This is truly an answer to prayer! Thank you all for being there and for being the wonderful moms that you are! God bless! Happy Easter!
Back to Top View nicole marie's Profile Search for other posts by nicole marie Visit nicole marie's Homepage

cathochick
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: April 10 2007 at 4:13pm | IP Logged  

Hi! I've been around since November but never introduced myself. My name is Jessica. My husband and I were privately received into the Catholic Church in February of 2001. We have two sons, so far, and hope to have a big family one day. I stay at home with the boys and haphazardly homeschool our oldest, Dominic, who is five.

We recently moved to Colorado from California. The cold has been an adjustment and I'm longing for good friends. The local parishes are orthodox but not as traditional as our parish was in California.

--Jessica
Back to Top View cathochick's Profile Search for other posts by cathochick Visit cathochick's Homepage

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 10 2007 at 4:41pm | IP Logged  

Wow, welcome to all the newcomers during this very Holy Season!! We're so glad you're here, there's so much to learn and enjoy!!

God's Blessings and thanks for coming

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 10 2007 at 5:16pm | IP Logged  

WELCOME RebeccaJ, Nicole and Jessica -- you guys are going to love it around here!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

florasita
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 10 2007 at 9:03pm | IP Logged  

Hi All ,
Well I haven't a clue if this is going to work or not .
First I best turn the light on here in the sunroom there we go .
   I discovered this message board just by chance from the CCM yahoo list . i like message boards much better .
I joined the ccm board 7 yrs ago when I first discovered CM .The last yr we were without computer for quite awhile so I didn't correspond much online .I guess I missed all the changes . My church did loan us thier computer and it let us go online once a week and it was so nice to visit church like that .
Since I was gone we had two more miscarriages . That makes 9 babes in heaven . We buried babies Jose Diego Romero & Guadalupe Esperanza under our rose bush . That fall . The rose bush bloomed after it had snowed and everything was dead and gone . We knew Our Lady was watching over us and our little ones are all with her
I'm now every over 40 turned 44 this yr. and absolutly loving aging . I always dreamed of aging as a beautiful thing . As a kid the grown up was my granny I could hardly wait . Now that it's happening and I'm a granny myself it is so much more a blessing .
   I still have 4 boys at home dacotah , chayote , indigo & pascal . lets see .
Natasha is 26 now and lives in Ontario , Jasmine & Wesley have baby Evan James and she is attending CC he works at the bank , Dacotah turned 19 and works at a bigbox store which he can't stand but it pays the bills . He still is hoping to go into missions this yr. Chayote is 17 now and going to go into CC and take carpentry . He is hoping to get on with dh company this summer . Indigo is now 11 and he is just as inventive and off on his own as ever Pascal is now 6 ! our baby . He is so wonderful and off to the dentist tomorrow to get all his fillings replaced .
Bob and I have now been together 23 yrs and married 7 . We still belong to Blessed Kateri Aborigoinal parish it keeps us very humble we wouldn't leave it for the world .
I'm now in my 3rd yr. with the DJM part of S.O.L.T ministries . I just started the last leg of the program . A long hard journey but totally worth it .In the end I truly hope I can be the missionary God has been calling me to be and work for S.O.L.T
I do have a blog too http://familiaguadalupe.blogspot.com/
it can be kinda heavy at times not always light hearted but then again some of us are called to deal with the tough issues .
As far as homeschool goes I still love CM for LA , science nature study but I have gone with sonlight now the last two yrs and its kept me on track very nicely so I'm not gonna stray .what are rabbit trails for some are my biggest distractions
So thats it me Rox the over 40 something mum & granny
Back to Top View florasita's Profile Search for other posts by florasita Visit florasita's Homepage

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 10 2007 at 9:49pm | IP Logged  

Welcome Rox -- sounds like you have an amazing life! AND, you're TWO years younger than me ... I feel like such a slackard!

Welcome to this great list; you're going to love this group of folks!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

simplemama
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 10 2007 at 11:37pm | IP Logged  

I have been lurking for a couple weeks now and after some technical difficulties I think I am finally figuring out how to post.
I am a young mama of 2 beautiful blessings; a December 3 yo beautiful princesita and an incredibly cute 6 month old (october 06). Both my dh and I are cradle catholics and love our faith and try to live it out as best we can despite how bogged down we get. I would say we are pretty conservative but also tend to go against the flow pretty often too. That's pretty much what being a faithful Catholic is about though ;)
We both went to great Catholic schools K-12 grade. I have often pondered about homeschool and have gone from thinking no way to oh that would be so fun! My dh, bless him, is so wonderful and loves me and our family more than I'll ever know. The poor guy though has had to put up with a lot of changes from me that not even I knew would happen. He married a 'normal' person, now he has had to get used to some things like eating organically and as healthy as possible (oh darn), a wanna-be-homebirther and now a homeschooler! So we were having some pretty scary 'discussions' about it and I just feel like right now God probably doesn't want our marriage broken up over this. So we have reached the agreement to wait until 1st grade to send her to our parish school. And he has said that he sees nothing wrong with homeschool, as an alternative, only if school doesn't work out. For now, I am happy I can continue as I was and hold onto my dd for a few more years at least and I am happy my dh and I can talk to each other happily again. So I hope I can still be part of this board even though I may not always be homeschooling.
This intro has gotten too long so I'll just leave at this even though I can say more. :)
Back to Top View simplemama's Profile Search for other posts by simplemama Visit simplemama's Homepage

MarieC
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 10 2007 at 11:54pm | IP Logged  

Welcome Simplemama!

I, too, had a husband who wasn't sure about homeschooling...now he's the one who talks me into when I'm ready to throw people onto the school buses that pass my house !

I'm sure you'll have lots of fun here...and learn so much!

Out in the Orchard
Back to Top View MarieC's Profile Search for other posts by MarieC

florasita
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 11 2007 at 8:21am | IP Logged  

Thank You Mary oh I'm very capable of being a slacker I should be getting dressed and brushing Pascal's teeth right now but hey curious george is on and I'm not done my tea yet
It is nice to be back and be able to gab with all the gals here . God Bless , Rox
Back to Top View florasita's Profile Search for other posts by florasita Visit florasita's Homepage

simplemama
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 11 2007 at 1:34pm | IP Logged  

MarieC wrote:
Welcome Simplemama!

I, too, had a husband who wasn't sure about homeschooling...now he's the one who talks me into when I'm ready to throw people onto the school buses that pass my house !

I'm sure you'll have lots of fun here...and learn so much!

Thanks for the encouragement. Well my husband is more than just not sure of it so I amd going to try not to hope, even though your story brings me some hope.
I feel badly, I told him that I am happy with our decision and will try not to convince him to do more after 1st grade, but in the back of my mind I do still have a desire to and I hope this doesn't mean I have lied to him. ggrr.. oh well it's like 3 or 4 years away anyway...
Back to Top View simplemama's Profile Search for other posts by simplemama Visit simplemama's Homepage

kris
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: April 11 2007 at 8:35pm | IP Logged  

My name is Kris and I have been homeschooling for 14 years.
Three of my children have attended a charter school for the past 3 years and I have an eighth & 10 grader at home and a senior right now. I think the 2 boys (* & 10) will be coming back home next year, but dd loves being in school :).

I have 10 children. Al ( Alexander) is almost 20 and in his second year of college. He was homeschooled his entire life :). Zak is almost 18. Dylan is 16, Noah, 14, Naomi, 12, Jackson, 10, George, 8, (Samuel ^i^ 7/2000) Jed, 4, Manny, 2 and baby Gabriella, 4 mos.

I am a revert and reentered the Church and all my children baptized ( that I had at the time :) in 1999.
Dh also converted at that time but has discontinued practicing Catholicism currently.
Back to Top View kris's Profile Search for other posts by kris

kris
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: April 11 2007 at 8:37pm | IP Logged  

My name is Kris and I have been homeschooling for 14 years.
Three of my children have attended a charter school for the past 3 years and I have an eighth & 10 grader at home and a senior right now. I think the 2 boys (* & 10) will be coming back home next year, but dd loves being in school :).

I have 10 children. Al ( Alexander) is almost 20 and in his second year of college. He was homeschooled his entire life :). Zak is almost 18. Dylan is 16, Noah, 14, Naomi, 12, Jackson, 10, George, 8, (Samuel ^i^ 7/2000) Jed, 4, Manny, 2 and baby Gabriella, 4 mos.

I am a revert and reentered the Church and all my children baptized ( that I had at the time :) in 1999.
Dh also converted at that time but has discontinued practicing Catholicism currently.
Back to Top View kris's Profile Search for other posts by kris

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 11 2007 at 9:01pm | IP Logged  

Kris -- welcome to this group of many wonderful folks who will glean lots of advice and wisdom from you as you will from all of us .... jump right into discussions, or start a topic of your own.... most of all, enjoy the comraderie and the fun!

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 11 2007 at 9:31pm | IP Logged  

Great to have you here Kris and Simplemama! welcome to the forums!

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

trish
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 12 2007 at 11:10am | IP Logged  

Hi everybody,
My name is Trish and I'm soooo glad I found this forum. I've been in need of a place like this for along time.
I have 7 children. Jessi 18, Danny 17, Montana 15, Cheyenne 10, Joshua 7, Jacob 4, and Gabriel 2. My husband and I are on our 8th year homeschooling and I think we've tried everything. But we keep plugging on.
I first started to be interested in CM about 3 years ago and really liked what I read. It sounded so wonderful and easy to fit into a large family lifestyle. But I was discouraged by a few people and I was in the middle of a hard pregnancy. So needless to say I never actively pursued it.
God keeps leading me back in this direction so I'm definitely going to get the ball rolling this year
We live in central Alberta Canada out in the country and spring has just started to 'spring'. The kids are excited about being able to go outside and just run and play. I am too. Too much snow this year.
I make and sell handmade soap and candles on the side.
I love to read, sew, pray the rosary, garden, go for walks, spend time with my husband, read to the kids, and just live in the moment. Not necessarily in that order.
My favourite Saints are St. Therese of Lisieux, St. Anthony of Padua (my buddy), St. Faustina, and St. Maximilian Kolbe.
I'm a revert too. Came back to active practising Catholic status in 1996.    My husband is a convert since 1999.
I'm really looking forward to reading more info and getting to know you ladies. Have a great day!
God bless.
Trish

Back to Top View trish's Profile Search for other posts by trish

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: April 12 2007 at 6:18pm | IP Logged  

Big welcome and welcome back (Rox!) to all new members. Your introductions have touched my heart and made me smile. I pray your time spent here is a joy.

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

teressalsaplace
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: April 14 2007 at 6:17pm | IP Logged  

Hi my name is Teressa. My husband and I have three daughters ages 12, 10 and 5. We are using Tapestry of Grace along with Charlotte Mason principles.

I struggle terribly with organization and consistancy and am praying and seeking Godly wisdom to help me improve in these areas.

I'm passionate about wholistic nutrition and look forward to pursuing an online degree in that area as soon as homeschooling is running more effectively.

I know that it is possible to maintain an organized clutter free home while providing a consistant, rich, living, learning environment. Although I am not living that reality, I am in pursuit of that reality!    

I look forward to getting to know the women on this board and gleaning valuable life imapacting truths!

Blessings,
Teressa
Back to Top View teressalsaplace's Profile Search for other posts by teressalsaplace

Leonie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 14 2007 at 8:51pm | IP Logged  

Welcome, everyone! You're gonna love this forum.

Lynn B in KY
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: April 16 2007 at 8:03am | IP Logged  

Oh, I feel like I already know you all. I'm Lynn, 38 year-old wife of Jeff and mommy to Brendan, 4, and Benjamin, 2. I was completely hs'd myself, and dh was, partially. We are hs'ing our boys eventually, although I like to say I hope we make it through high school without them ever realizing they're "in school", lol. I have a well-loved copy of Real Learning and I lurk shamelessly on lots of blogs. I need lots of inspiration because I am "motivationally challenged"! Feeling so blessed, though. When my mom was schooling us, there were no resources like this. We have had fertility issues and are amazed that we have even 2 kids...still ttc and hoping to be blessed at least one more time. I'm so glad to finally join here. Waving to anyone I know... TAC alums? God love you all!
Back to Top View Lynn B in KY's Profile Search for other posts by Lynn B in KY

<< Prev Page of 20 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version