Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Introduce Yourself (2007) (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Cleo
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 18 2007 at 6:38pm | IP Logged  

I'll join my prayers to the others Hoosiermama, but also a question. Where did your son get the Rosary for his iPod? I've developped an interest in the Rosary lately.
Hm, now that I think of it, I'd want it in Latin or in French, but not in English.
Back to Top View Cleo's Profile Search for other posts by Cleo

Hoosiermama
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Feb 18 2007 at 7:10pm | IP Logged  

Thank you all, so much! Your kind words and prayers mean alot to me!!

To Cleo-
A Latin Rosary can be found here-
http://www.wcvc1330.com/latinrosary.htm
http://www.wcvc1330.com/latinrosary.htm

Hope that is what you are looking for.
Back to Top View Hoosiermama's Profile Search for other posts by Hoosiermama

Nina Murphy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 18 2007 at 7:12pm | IP Logged  

Thank you for sharing your story, Hoosiermama.

And thank you, Tam, for the further sharing into where God has taken you on your journey, too.

God has an amazing plan for all of us, if we just believe and do our best to obey Him.   

and 2 yet-to-be-met
Back to Top View Nina Murphy's Profile Search for other posts by Nina Murphy

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 18 2007 at 9:19pm | IP Logged  

Welcome to all the new members It is a wonderful board and I know you are welcome,

Hoosiermama,

I got goosebumps when I read your story, what a journey you are embarking on, I have just been privelged to walk alongside a couple of dear friends recently as they travelled 'the road'. One dear friend did lose some of her friends, others whilst bewildered stayed friends.

What a special young man your ds is. Do you realise that your grandparents and godparents would be praying for you?

Thank you for sharing your story and God Bless

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

Matilda
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 20 2007 at 7:33am | IP Logged  

Hi there. I am a new member and I think this is where I am supposed to introduce myself. I am familiar with some people here from the blogosphere. I have also been "lurking" in some of these forums and have really enjoyed the ideas and support you ladies offer each other. I feel a little shy, butting in like this, but I am trying to overcome that.

You can call me Matilda and I am homeschooling 4 amazing kids. My husband is a homeschooling graduate and is incredibly supportive and helpful. We live in Texas. I have an even split of boys and girls for right now whose ages are 9, 7, 6, and 2. My boys are my bookends with a double girl sandwich in the middle. I have a blog like most people these days, which I think of as my digital scrapbook.

We use an eclectic mix of curricula right now and I enjoy teaching at home much better than in a public school where I taught in my “former life”. If anything cemented our plans to homeschool it was that experience! I want to do more with the kids but have some Obsessive/Compulsive tendencies that get in the way.

Anyway, thanks for letting me poke around. I hope to find some great ideas, strong support and maybe even some good friends. Bye!

Matilda
Back to Top View Matilda's Profile Search for other posts by Matilda

Margaret in MN
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 20 2007 at 7:40am | IP Logged  

You couldn't have come to a better place to make friends, Matilda!

And I, for one, am a better person for knowing you!

Come for Coffee
Back to Top View Margaret in MN's Profile Search for other posts by Margaret in MN Visit Margaret in MN's Homepage

stacykay
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 20 2007 at 7:53am | IP Logged  

Hoosiermama, I have a dear friend who came back to the church about 5 years ago. Last year, her whole family came into the church (her dh and 7 children!) I will pray for you and your family! Thank you for the rosasry on ipod link, too. And welcome!

Matilda, welcome! You can definitely find "some great ideas, strong support and maybe even some good friends" here!

God Bless,
Stacy in MI
mom to 6 ds (18, 16, 11, 8, 5, and 2)

Back to Top View stacykay's Profile Search for other posts by stacykay

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 20 2007 at 7:55am | IP Logged  

Welcome to all our new members! We are blessed to have you join us!

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

Veronica's Veil
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 03 2007 at 10:41am | IP Logged  

Hello! I am brand new to your sweet community. I wanted to pop in and introduce myself. I am, obviously, a Catholic HSMom. We are nearing the end of our 4th year hsing. Getting excited about our 5th year. We have 2 boys so far, 1st & 4th "grades". We adopted both boys (6yrs ago) and are currently undergoing licensure to adopt 2 more (boys), all domestically through the foster system.

Dh and I have been enjoying marriage for 10+ yrs and he is amazing, as I am sure all of your Dh's are too

I am thrilled to have found a community of Catholic Hsers. As I am not new to forums at all, but have never been able to connect much with other CathHSMoms.

Thank you so much for allowing me to join, and I truly pray that I will be able to chat, pray and share with all of you. God Bless.   
Back to Top View Veronica's Veil's Profile Search for other posts by Veronica's Veil

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 03 2007 at 10:44am | IP Logged  

Welcome! I am sure you will find a warm, loving community of friends here!

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

momwats8
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 03 2007 at 10:47am | IP Logged  

Welcome - this is the best place for love, support, and friendship. We are glad you are here!!

http://www.momwats8.blogspot.com
Back to Top View momwats8's Profile Search for other posts by momwats8 Visit momwats8's Homepage

Elena
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 03 2007 at 12:39pm | IP Logged  

Welcome Veronica!

One Day at a Time

Back to Top View Elena's Profile Search for other posts by Elena Visit Elena's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 03 2007 at 1:59pm | IP Logged  

Hello Veronica! So lovely to hear your story. Helen and Briget have their wonderful, new board up now, Not Of My Flesh, But Of My Heart, that may be of particular interest.

Helen often writes in her blog with a lot of wisdom and love about her adoptions and whilst I have no adopted children, I enjoy everything she writes!

God Bless!

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

KT75
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: March 03 2007 at 9:41pm | IP Logged  

Hello,

I am new here and wanted to introduce myself. Unlike most of you, I do not have children nor am I married. Though I do believe that marriage and family are part of God's plan for me at some point. In the meantime, this forum is a great way to sit at the feet of other Catholic women and learn from their wisdom. I hope you don't mind my "listening" in. God Bless!
Back to Top View KT75's Profile Search for other posts by KT75

Paula in MN
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 03 2007 at 10:34pm | IP Logged  

Welcome KT!

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 04 2007 at 2:34pm | IP Logged  

Welcome Veronica and KT

I was interested to read your story KT, it made me think of my own sister, so often I share with her wisdom that I glean from here. Like yourself she is unmarried (God has not yet sent the 'one' ) and she finds it hard out there. We are blessed here but what is for unmarried fatihful Catholic women? Not a lot. I am pleased to have you here.

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

TeacherMom
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: March 04 2007 at 5:51pm | IP Logged  

I officially joined the board recently after reading here for a few weeks.   I bought Elizabeth's book awhile ago and I think I've read it through about three times now.       

It is obvious that this is a community where lots of learning and sharing takes place, and I'm so glad to have found it. I am not Catholic, though I am enjoying learning more about the Catholic Church and history and traditions of the Christian faith in general. I have never been a member of a liturgical church (if I'm understanding the meaning of that word correctly), but have become increasingly interested in the liturgical calendar and learning about ways to add more tradition to our home and family worship.

My husband and I have one child who will be an *official* homeschooler this upcoming school year as it will be our first year to need to report to our state (and begin kindergarten).

I look forward to continuing to learn from all of you and to sharing as I am able. (Thank you!)

Take care,
Kim
Back to Top View TeacherMom's Profile Search for other posts by TeacherMom

stacykay
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 04 2007 at 7:23pm | IP Logged  

Welcome, Veronica, KT and Kim!

Kim wrote: "I bought Elizabeth's book awhile ago and I think I've read it through about three times now. "
I have a feeling I will be learning alot from you, Kim!

God Bless,
Stacy in MI
mom to 6dss      
Back to Top View stacykay's Profile Search for other posts by stacykay

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 04 2007 at 9:28pm | IP Logged  

Welcome, Kim and KT and any others I might have missed. This is a very welcoming community so feel free to plunge into any and all discussions....we're pretty nice folk and rarely do we bite....

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

Corrine
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: March 05 2007 at 6:44am | IP Logged  

I’ve been lurking here for a few months and I thought it was time to join the conversation. I’m a 42 yo Episcopalian homeschooling mom of three, dds 11 and 8 and ds 5. We’ve always homeschooled. I’ve read most of the “homeschooling how-to” books, but living books have always been my passion. That’s what I love most about the Charlotte Mason method it’s so easy to passing on that love of books.

My husband bought Real Learning for me this last Christmas, and I read it in one day. I’ve been trying to find a more relaxed way for us to learn, but one that didn’t leave me lying in bed at night worried I’m short changing them. It fits the bill perfectly.

We live in Northern Indiana and up until recently had a lovely group of homeschool friends. A couple of families moved and a couple of families put their kids in school. So now it’s the kids and me. I must admit I miss the support and camaraderie. I’m hoping to fill that need, a least little, here. Friends whose children are in school just don’t want to chat about the joys and the trials of homeschooling.

Well, I’ve rambled on long enough. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Corrine
Dh(93), Dds(96),(98) and Ds(01)

Back to Top View Corrine's Profile Search for other posts by Corrine Visit Corrine's Homepage

<< Prev Page of 20 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version