Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Introduce Yourself (2007) (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
WayTruthLife
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 08 2007 at 2:53pm | IP Logged  

My name is Tricia. I am the mother of 5 children: dd 7 yr, ds 6yr, ds 5yr, dd 2yr and dd 11mo. I've been married for 9 years and we live in the Twin Cities of MN. I have been checking out the forum for a while and like every other newbie, have discovered such wonderful topics and discussions. How do you not get addicted? I swear that it's a time warp when you get on here! I'm so excited to have found you all. God's blessings!   
Back to Top View WayTruthLife's Profile Search for other posts by WayTruthLife

MerchantShips
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Feb 08 2007 at 7:54pm | IP Logged  

Hello! I'm another Meredith, this one from Tennessee. I love staying at home with my four-year-old son and 7-month old daughter. I found the blog ring and forums through the Advent blog O Night Divine.

There is so much Protestant presence in the Christian, SAHM world online. I was so tickled to find this group of women! Though I was raised Catholic, we do very little in the way of practicing piety like celebrating feast days, etc. I won't have much to contribute here in that respect, but you can bet I'll be listening and learning from you all.

Since there's another Meredith here, my user name is MerchantShips, which refers to my frugal living blog, http://likemerchantships.blogspot.comhttp://likemerchantships.blogspot.com
Back to Top View MerchantShips's Profile Search for other posts by MerchantShips

jfmccormack
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Feb 09 2007 at 3:51pm | IP Logged  

Hi! My name is Robin. Recently discovered Catholic mosaic and this forum and felt so comfortable, wanted to join in.   

My husband, John and I will be married 10 years in August. We are both 47.   We have a 7 year old son, James. He is our one and only blessing. We have been homeschooling James now for the past two years. He was ready to learn at 5, but didn't fit into the ps box, so we decided to homeschool. It was something God had been leading me towards since James was born. It just took my husband a while longer to get comfortable with it.   
We currently live in Sacramento and have our own business which gives me the freedom to be a stay at home mom. I go into the office twice a week, while john has a "daddy day" with James.

I am so glad to find you all and looking forward to learning from you as much as sharing.   
Back to Top View jfmccormack's Profile Search for other posts by jfmccormack

monica
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 10 2007 at 11:00am | IP Logged  

hello! so glad to finally delurk and post something. My name is monica , i am a happy mom to two adorable boys (4yo and 9mo) My husband and i are Americans working with the poor in Romania. We were both raised protestants, but since coming here we have converted to Orthodoxy.
I am trying to go slow with my very bright and precocious 4 yo ds. this board has already helped me so much to remember what is most important in being a mother and a family. We are just getting our toes wet in home educating, but loving it thus far. expect to hear lots from me as i am brimming with questions. thanks in advance for sharing from your wisdom and experience.
I cant for the life of me figure out how to put up a picture next to my name. help!!!
thanks,
monica mom to simeon 4yo and abram 9mo
www.monicaklepac.blogspot.com
Back to Top View monica's Profile Search for other posts by monica Visit monica's Homepage

Alexandra
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Feb 10 2007 at 8:36pm | IP Logged  

I come here by way of Meredith at her Like Merchant's Ships blog. I saw her link to here.

We live in Virginia, and I'm a mother to three children, one in heaven. I'm homeschooling my nine year old son, and I've got a daughter, age 17 months. Ds has been homeschooled since Kindergarten, and we are eclectic. I'm a Cradle Catholic and dh is a convert. It's nice to find this forum!

http://happyheartsathome.blogspot.com/
Back to Top View Alexandra's Profile Search for other posts by Alexandra

cgregas
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Feb 11 2007 at 9:26pm | IP Logged  

Hello all,

My name is Christine and I have been participating on the side lines for several month and decided to join. I live in central Virginia, just having moved from northern VA. This forum has been a great comfort to me during our move, just reading and learning from all of you has made up for my lack of contacts here. This is my first year of hsing, I guess you would call it the first official year. I have twin boys age 5. I look forward to being a member.
Back to Top View cgregas's Profile Search for other posts by cgregas

joann10
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 13 2007 at 10:20am | IP Logged  

I found my way here by way of LISBET'S Joyful Chaos blog. I googled large catholic family homeschooling, and here I am.

My husband of 20 years is Patrick and we are both cradle Catholics. We have been blessed with 10 children. Pat Jr.-19; Rebecca-18; Matthew-16; Daniel-14; Amy-12; Laura-11; Mark-7; Grace-5; Luke-21 months 5/6/06 and Kimberly-9 months 5/3/07.

We live in central New York and have been having quite a winter of sickness. Including 11 of us all coming down with bacterial pneumonia that started the week before Christmas and lasting for about a month and a half.

I am very thankful to have found some companionship here as we are all very homebound.

We also homeschool on the good days. LOL
Back to Top View joann10's Profile Search for other posts by joann10

tradmom
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Feb 14 2007 at 9:04pm | IP Logged  

Hello,
I am new to the forums and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Meredith and I am a homeschooling mom of 4 (I have a little saint in heaven waiting for me, too). We've homeschooled from the start and my oldest is in the 4th grade. I am so very glad that I found this real learning forum, as it seems to be an answer to my prayers. I've always used prepackaged curriculums (Seton, CHC and now OLVS) and I am at a point where I feel like I want to control more of what we do. Any suggestions would be appreciated in my journey to Real Learning.
I live in Florida. I have a B.S. degree in Special Education though I never got the chance to teach full time as my first baby came along at the end of our first year of marriage and I've been a stay at home mom ever since! I enjoy teaching my own children much better anyway than a classroom full of kids! LOL

Hope to get to know everyone.
God Bless,
Meredith in FL
mom to 5: ds 9, ds 8, dd 7, our little saint in heaven 7/01 and dd 3 1/2

Back to Top View tradmom's Profile Search for other posts by tradmom

mamafitton
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Feb 15 2007 at 11:09am | IP Logged  

I loved reading Elizabeth's book, and her articles,etc., so when I decided I needed a little "renewal" and "revamping" of my homeschool I went to her website and found this forum! I am Maria, wife to Jack 17 yrs, mama to dd Alexx 12, ds Jack 8, dd Michela 4, ds Joey 3. We live in NC these past 2years, homeschooling for 2 1/2 years and were formerly from NY.
Looking forward to chatting with y'all!
Back to Top View mamafitton's Profile Search for other posts by mamafitton

tigir
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Feb 16 2007 at 1:56pm | IP Logged  

Hello everyone! My name is Tammy (You can call me Tam for short). I found my way here via a friend on another board (HI RACHEL!). I am a Traditional Catholic mommy of three girls 11, 2.5, and 1.5. I would love to find some other Traditional Catholics to chat with.

I attend the Tridentine Latin Mass at a parish that offers the TLM exclusively (sedevecantist - not Pius X). My DH isn't Catholic, but we are working on him.
Back to Top View tigir's Profile Search for other posts by tigir

tigir
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Feb 16 2007 at 6:29pm | IP Logged  

Nina Murphy wrote:
Welcome, Tam!

I have a good friend at MY parish that I call Tam for Tammy, too, and she has three kids as well. Ha. And WE attend a Traditional Latin Mass parish, too!   Small world, huh?

So my m-i-l is Pius X...you are not in a Pius X parish, but have no Bishop or apostolic succession at all? Tell me if I am being nosey---- --- do you mind elaborating?   It is an independent chapel along the lines of what Mel Gibson attends?   

You are going to love it here. God bless!

Thank you for the welcome Nina! It truly is a small world. lol

Don't worry about being nosey with me, I am pretty open about most anything. I do have a Bishop,and there are actually a few around that are of the same line. My usual parish is CMRI and there is a smaller parish I attend Mass at on certain occasions that has an independant priest and the nuns affiliated with it are the Missionary Sisters of the Holy Ghost.

Now, from what I have heard (Mind you I don't know Mel Gibson personally, lol) is that one of the priests in the order of CMRI is Mel's priest. But someone on another message board told me Mel is Pius X, so I can't say for sure that Mr. Gibson and I are attending the same type of chapel. LOL

There is another group of Sedevecatists called "Conclavists" and I am not a part of that group either. I have been reading a lot more on sedevecantism and it can really get your head to spinning! Basically I am someone who likes to keep it simple - "...hold fast to traditions." There has been so much confusion in the last 50 or so years, it can be easy to lose your faith when you don't know which direction to go, kwim?

A little more on me (so you won't have to ask I am 32 and a convert. I wasn't baptised before becoming Catholic, but I did attend many different types of protestant churches, usually with friends. My DH and I were married by a Methodist minister (just someone to marry us basically, no other reason for it)the year before I was baptised. My younger sister had converted a few years before I did. I learned a lot thru her and her DH and did a lot of reading on my own for about three years before deciding I and any children I have needed to be Catholic. We already had one DD at the time.

So, I don't know if I answered your question good enough. lol Just let me know if you need me to elaborate more.

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

God Bless,
Tam

Hoosiermama
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Feb 18 2007 at 11:23am | IP Logged  

Hello,
This is my first post though I've been reading here for weeks.
I am married, 36 years old, homeschooling mom to 3 teen-age boys (17, 15,14).
I am in need of some prayer.

I will try and make this long story short. :)

I was baptized as an infant in the Catholic church. My mom would take me to mass with her once a week, my dad wasn't Catholic or even a Christian at that time in my life. When I was about 10, my mom left the church. My dad was running around on her and when she went to the priest for counsel, he told her she wasn't giving enough money to the church. :\ That was the end of my religious upbringing.

I married my husband when I was barely 18. We married in his church and I started attending there with him. At age 20, I decided I'd never made an adult decision about my commitment to Jesus, so I was baptized there. We were totally into the fundamental, evangelical, protestant way of life.

Fast forward to today. I've become very discontent at our current church. Oldest son has taken a deep and abiding interest in Catholicism. He started bringing home every Catholic book home from the library (not very many in our small, conservative, Midwestern little town). He makes and gives away roserys. He has the rosary on his ipod and says it every night before bed. He confided in me a few weeks ago that he might want to find out more about being a priest. (!) To which I replied, maybe we should just start with going to Mass first? :)

My husband is throughly evangelical prostestant. He used to be highly, HIGHLY anti-catholic. He's mellowed alot, thankfully. He's not overly happy about my new interest in Catholicism, but he's seen how unhappy I am at our current church and finally has said he doesn't mind if I attend Mass.

Son#1 and I went to Mass yesterday. To the same church I used to go to when I was a child. Sat in the same place, in the same pew as my mom and I, and my grandparents, would sit. I had to hold back tears at some points during the service. It was an experience beyond words. :)

If you could just pray for us, for me. I reallly hate having hubby and I go to separate churches. I know he would much prefer I stay with him. I don't think I can, I've tried and tried. My friends are not going to like it at all. I literally know no one in real life who is Catholic. My 2 younger sons, well, they don't go to either church (we've had some bad experiences at the current church and I know they are hurt and burnt out), but I'm hoping and praying they'll come along with me sometime. My youngest son asked me yesterday, "So, are Catholics Christians?" :\

I'm so sorry this is so long. I just need to tell somebody and get all of that off my chest.
Thank you.
God bless!

Back to Top View Hoosiermama's Profile Search for other posts by Hoosiermama

alicegunther
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 18 2007 at 11:29am | IP Logged  

Hoosiermama wrote:
I'm so sorry this is so long. I just need to tell somebody and get all of that off my chest.
Thank you.
God bless!

Do not be sorry it is long! Hugs going out to you, dearest Hoosiermama, and welcome!

(I'll be praying especially for your son. A vocation would be such an enormous blessing.)

Cottage Blessings
Brew yourself a cup of tea, and come for a visit!
Back to Top View alicegunther's Profile Search for other posts by alicegunther Visit alicegunther's Homepage

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 18 2007 at 12:23pm | IP Logged  

Welcome, Hooisermama --- and you and your family are in my prayers today and this next week as we begin Lent and start the journey to the Cross! Hugs and blessings....

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

tigir
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Feb 18 2007 at 12:34pm | IP Logged  

Hoosiermama wrote:
Hello,
This is my first post though I've been reading here for weeks.
God bless!

Welcome Hoosiermama! I am new here myself and in a similar situation in that my DH is not Catholic. I converted after we were married, which has not always been easy.

How wonderful your son has a possible vocation!    I will be praying for both of you.
God Bless you,
Tammy

Tifflynene
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Feb 18 2007 at 12:48pm | IP Logged  

Welcome Hoosiermama!

Your story moved me to tears so I had to respond real quick. From the outside, I see a precious journey unfolding. The story about your son doing his own pursuit of Catholicism is just a beautiful miracle and a reflection of God's love in your family. I'm on my way to church this morning so I will keep you all in my prayers.

I left the church when I was young and am so thankful that I am home. For whatever it's worth, the crosses you will bear are the best part of the journey. The abundant blessings are beyond words! God's grace, mercy and love overflows.

Hugs!

Mother to 5 living blessings!
ds (age 13); ds (age 8); dd (age 4); ds (age 3); and baby on the way
Back to Top View Tifflynene's Profile Search for other posts by Tifflynene

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 18 2007 at 1:04pm | IP Logged  

Welcome and prayers for your journey!

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

Maria B.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 18 2007 at 5:18pm | IP Logged  

Hoosiermama, your post gave me goosebumps! Wow! I can really see God working in your family. Please be assured of my prayers. Mu husband is not Catholic. We have been through a lot of difficult times together, but I continue to see the fruits of all the rough times. His steps towards the Church have been baby steps, but God is working and my children and I continue to offer every part of ourselves towards his conversion. Never doubt God's hand on journey.

Back to Top View Maria B.'s Profile Search for other posts by Maria B. Visit Maria B.'s Homepage

Cheryl M.
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 18 2007 at 6:07pm | IP Logged  

Hoosiermama, I was nearly in tears reading your intro post. Many, many prayers for you and your family. I feel that if God is guiding you and your son back to the Catholic faith he will certainly give you many graces to overcome any and all obstacles with regards to your husband and friends. It sounds like you are about to embark on a very exciting journey!! Many prayers for you!!

Paula in MN
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 18 2007 at 6:29pm | IP Logged  

Welcome Hoosiermama! Praying for you!

<< Prev Page of 20 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version