Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Introduce Yourself (2006) (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
toaglass
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 05 2006 at 11:43pm | IP Logged  

I forgot to say I'm from Santa Barbara.
Any other southern Californians lurking out there?

Aaron
Back to Top View toaglass's Profile Search for other posts by toaglass

Jacinta
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Dec 12 2006 at 1:38pm | IP Logged  

Hi, my name is Jacinta, and I finally got around to joining after lurking and enjoying this board for several months now! My husband is a college professor at a university in Florida, and we have four young children. A daughter (6), son (4), son (2), and daughter (1). I have "sort of" been homeschooling for a couple years now (the oldest learned to read at 4), but this is my first year of "real" homeschooling, with making actual lesson plans and keeping records and all that. I have gotten a lot of inspiration reading these forums, and decided I should join instead of feeling like I was out in the cold peeking into the window.

I look forward to getting to know all of you better!

Oops, I meant to post this in the introduction thread. I'm not sure how to move it...I obviously have no idea what I'm doing, sorry!

Back to Top View Jacinta's Profile Search for other posts by Jacinta

mommylori
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Dec 12 2006 at 4:31pm | IP Logged  

Hi, I have been posting the last couple of days, and used to be on here but I thought I would reintroduce myself to you all.
I am Lori, a SAHM to 3 boys and a little bundle due in March. I am homeschooling using CM and combining ambleside, 4 real learning, mater.... (I can't spell it.lol) and what ever other things I enjoy or have found.lol
I am an Ex military wife, dh got out in OCT. And we rescently moved home. Dh got back from Iraq this year! I am also excited about christmas because it will be the first for us as a whole family in 2 years!!!!
I have enjoyed your group, but when I first joined we moved and then the computer broke and then we moved again, both moves are from missouri to GA and then back to Missouri, soooo, it took me awhile to get back on.lol
Lori
Back to Top View mommylori's Profile Search for other posts by mommylori

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 12 2006 at 7:59pm | IP Logged  

I thought I had posted an introduction, but apparently not- so better late than never.

I am Melinda in South Carolina, married to dh for going on ten years. We have a ds, 4 and a dd, 2. I have been researching homeschooling for over a year and was thrilled to find this group. I have gotten so many great ideas from all the posts.

Right now we are doing preschool at home, and it's going pretty well. I don't think the kids "realize" they are learning.   

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

Alice C
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 18 2006 at 9:17pm | IP Logged  

Hello all!
I have been posting for a couple of days now and I did not realize that I was supposed to post an "introduction" here. So sorry!! Well anyway, my name is Alice Cantrell and I am a 36 year old wife and mother to 5 great kids ages 12 - 2. My homeschooling style is pretty much CM, but with strong un-schooling tendencies.

God bless!!

a number of things
gardens of grace
Back to Top View Alice C's Profile Search for other posts by Alice C

mariB
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 21 2006 at 5:40am | IP Logged  

I just love this forum! I am a homeschooling mother of 5(3 boys and 2 girls).We live in Vermont and love playing music together at Mass and at social gatherings. We all help my husband as we have our own business. It is so wonderful to see so many faithful Catholic women and families here! I am a big fan of Elizabeth Foss's book. That is how I found this forum. The topics on our Catholic faith have been such an encouragement to me. We have gotten so many Advent ideas from this forum. Thank you!

mariB         & nbsp;         & nbsp;         & nbsp;         & nbsp;         & nbsp;         & nbsp;         & nbsp;         & nbsp;     O ORIENS             
Back to Top View mariB's Profile Search for other posts by mariB Visit mariB's Homepage

MrsKey
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 21 2006 at 10:50am | IP Logged  

Hello! My name is Carole (MrsK). I am a Catholic wife (married 12 years) and stay-at-home and home educating mom to my one amazing daughter (age 10). We've home schooled our daughter from the beginning and with the exception of 1 semester at a Catholic school she's always been home educated.

We are converts to Catholicism, received into the Church with great joy at the Easter Vigil 2003!

We have recently relocated from Florida to northern Alabama.

I found this board through another member. I have heard wonderful things about this slice of cyberspace and I look forward to getting to know you.

In Christ,

Carole
Back to Top View MrsKey's Profile Search for other posts by MrsKey

Anne McD
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 21 2006 at 4:30pm | IP Logged  

Hi!

I've been lurking around this forum and Elizabeth's site for some time, and finally decided to join! My name is Anne McDonald, and I live in Northern VA. My hubby and I have been married 6 years, and we have three children, two boys 5 and 3, and one little girl, 20 months, and one more comming in August! We are a Catholic family, and I started homeschooling my oldest when I decided I hated the idea of keeping him in preschool. I have gained so much fantastic information from Elizabeth and this forum, and I'm grateful to be a part of it!
Back to Top View Anne McD's Profile Search for other posts by Anne McD

KrisZ
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Dec 22 2006 at 5:16pm | IP Logged  

Hello to you all! My name is Kris. My husband of 15 years & I are parents to 7 living children & 3 with God. (Joshua-14, Eli-13, Noah-10, Isaiah-8, Caleb-6, Daniel-3 & Gemma-1) & (Francis, Aaron & Macrina) We've been homeschooling for 8 years. I have enjoyed reading the forums. I have learned so much and have been greatly inspired by you. Many of my prayers have been for you. I hope to get to know you all better.
May God Bless You & Yours with a Holy Christmas season that is peaceful & filled with JOY!
Kris
Back to Top View KrisZ's Profile Search for other posts by KrisZ

KellyinPA
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 23 2006 at 7:42am | IP Logged  

Good Morning Ladies,

I'm Kelly, married to Tim, my husband of 26 years. We have six children, 5 sons and 1 daughter. Our oldest two sons are out on their own, the children at home are soon to be 20 yo son, 15 yo dd and 5 yr old twin sons. The 20 yr attends community college, the 15 yo attends a private Christian school and I'm homeschooling the twins for the foreseeable future. I've homeschooled all of our older children at one time or another and love the CM ideas.

I found your forum throght Dawn's blog and used many of the advent idea with my children along with the Tomie books (thanks, Elizabeth!:)

Blessings,
Kelly
mom to 6 in PA
Back to Top View KellyinPA's Profile Search for other posts by KellyinPA

Lillian
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Dec 26 2006 at 10:06pm | IP Logged  

Hello,

BLessings to you all during this Christmas season. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Lillian and I'm a Catholic homeschooling mom of five. I've been married to the love of my life for ten years now.

My children are Isabelle 8 yo, Anna 6 yo, Sophia 5 yo, Kolbe 3 yo, Catherine 1 yo. We've been homeschooling since the beginning and are in the middle of our 4th year. Those first few years were tough for me. I'm very social and like to be out and had a hard time staying home. Our Lady has really been an example to me and I have slowly learned to enjoy being at home. Thus, our homeschooling and home life has been enriched greatly.

I'm fairly new to this world of the internet. But I must say that through blogging and now this forum, I finally feel like I have found a support group and a community of like-minded moms. I now feel peace and not "isolated" anymore. I hope to contribute on a regular basis. We are in the process of moving back to our hometown (within 2 weeks) to be closer to family. So I might not get as involved until then.

Thank you in advance for all your virtueous examples and words of wisdom!!

Blessings,
Lillian

wife to Craig ('96)
Isabelle 8
Anna 6
Sophia 5
Kolbe 3
Catherine 1 yo

www.smithflections.blogspot.com
Back to Top View Lillian's Profile Search for other posts by Lillian Visit Lillian's Homepage

Tami
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 27 2006 at 8:18am | IP Logged  

Hi! I am a member of the CCM loop and have been reading this board since it opened. All I can say is "WOW!" - what breadth, what depth, oh, and what fun! :)

I have prayed for you, laughed with you, cried for you and crafted with you. Finally I decided to jump in and introduce myself, so that that I can join in the discussion and (hopefully) contribute as well. I recognize many of you from various lists, etc.

I am hs'ing 3 of my dc and I look forward to sharing and getting to know everyone a little bit better.

God bless,
Tami
Back to Top View Tami's Profile Search for other posts by Tami

Jordan
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 27 2006 at 11:24pm | IP Logged  

Hello, my name is Jordan. I have been married to my husband Jake for 5 1/2 years and sor far, we have two terrific children. Elizabeth is almost 4 and Jonathan is almost 20 months old. I grew up in Florida but we have recently moved to Germany where my husband is serving in the Air Force.

I read Real Learning a couple of years ago when my daughter was 18 months old. At the time, I knew I wanted to homeschool and a friend had recommended this book. It was a joy to read because it painted a picture of family life that really appealed to me and seemed doable. Elizabeth's book described much of what I'd already envisioned but she described the details so well and pulled it together beautifully. Her other articles about family life have also been very helpful to me. One I have especially found valuable is the one on her blog titled "Practical Life with Little Ones." I am one who becomes intensely interested in a particular subject and then I eagerly pursue learning everything I can about it. I have found this potentially positive quality to be a challenge when it pulls me away from my family. I know this is ironic because the subjects I'm interested in all center around my family. Elizabeth's writings remind me to stop looking elsewhere for the answers to how to best serve in my vocation and to look to God and to my family for the answers. Her example helps me to put aside my planning and personal learning process (which I could allow to consume me) and to get on the floor and truly enjoy my children where we are right now.

I am thankful to have found this forum while I am early in my homeschooling experience. There is such a wealth of information and support here. I have enjoyed looking through the topics here and reading some of the very inspiring and lovely blogs. I don't know anyone in my area who uses the CM method so I am thrilled to have this resource and connection to such faithful and lovely women.

Back to Top View Jordan's Profile Search for other posts by Jordan

Maria B.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 29 2006 at 9:18am | IP Logged  

Hello, after a year or so of lurking on this board, I decided it was time to introduce myself and join in the sharing. Many of you are already my friends! My name is Maria Cunningham. I have ten children - Catie (19), Billy (17), Virginia (16), Jesse (14- girl), Caroline Rose (12), Vicky (11), Jack (8), Michael (7), Patrick (5) and Lucy (4 months). My husband, Chuck, is a lobbyist in D.C. We have homeschooled for 15 years. The dynamics of our family are starting to change as our two oldest embark on opportunities that will involve them leaving home. Our eldest is learning disabled and we are beginning to explore some options for her to attend vocational training away from home. Our oldest son is completing the arduous process of applying to the Naval Academy. This new phase of motherhood is scary for me, but one that I know is necessary.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and continuing to benefit from your words of wisdom in the little and big things of life.

Fondly,
Maria
Back to Top View Maria B.'s Profile Search for other posts by Maria B. Visit Maria B.'s Homepage

Lorri
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 30 2006 at 12:31pm | IP Logged  

Hello everyone! I'm Lorri, I'm married to Philip, an Army Officer and we have 4 children, Boo (8 yo), Charlotte (6 yo), Rebecca who is enjoying Heaven, and Nicholas (16 months). We're currently stationed in Washington, DC. We've homeschooled our children from the very beginning, after a brief but insightful stint in preschool for the oldest. These forums look like a great place to hang out, I'm looking forward to getting to know you!
Back to Top View Lorri's Profile Search for other posts by Lorri

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This topic is closed.

<< Prev Page of 8
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version