Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Introduce Yourself (2006) (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
anniemm
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 19 2006 at 1:36pm | IP Logged  

Hello! I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum! My name is Andrea, I am 23 and I live in the Houston area. I have two dd's so far, they are 2 and 10 months, Felicity and Gabrielle. I have been married for 3 years to Charlie, the absolute love of my life. :-) My husband is a youth minister here in Houston. I am a SAHM and am planning on homeschooling my children once they reach school age.
My blog is www.xanga.com/anniemm, although, I'm thinking that with this community it's better to have blogger or typepad so everyone can respond...we'll see I suppose. I've had my xanga for a long time!
Anyway, I am looking forward to being a part of the forum (which I found through Elizabeth Foss' blog).
Christ's peace be with you all!
Andreawww.xanga.com/anniemm
Back to Top View anniemm's Profile Search for other posts by anniemm Visit anniemm's Homepage

Momsix
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Sept 24 2006 at 12:43pm | IP Logged  

Hello, I am Barbara homeschooling mom to 6 dc. We have been hsing for 16 years now, using MODG for the past 10. My kids are 21, 18, 11, 10, 6 & 4. My two oldest are in college, one at University of Maryland, Baltmore County and one at Ave Maria University in Fl. So I am currently teaching 6th, 5th, 1st, and PreK. I found this board through a Life of Fred Discussion on another loop.
God Bless!
Back to Top View Momsix's Profile Search for other posts by Momsix

Jeannine
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Sept 27 2006 at 12:51pm | IP Logged  

Hello, all~

I am mother to 3 precious little ones, ages 5, 2, and 9 months. My husband and I have been married 10 years, and we make our home in NY. Prior to becoming a mother, I taught high school English. I have wanted to homeschool since my first child was just a baby. After much discussion, we have decided to send him to our parish school, instead. However, I strive to make our home a nurturing environment filled with books, liturgical crafts, child-friendly cooking, and constant curiosity. In this regard, I have received my greatest inspiration from the books and blogs of homeschooling mothers. I hope there is room for a non-homeschooler like myself in these forums! I look forward to exchanging ideas and encouragement with all of you.

Grace and peace...
Jeannine

Back to Top View Jeannine's Profile Search for other posts by Jeannine

Sunflowermama
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Oct 03 2006 at 10:39am | IP Logged  

Hello, I am Lisa. I am married to a wonderful man, Brandon, and we have 6 beautiful children. Taylor is 14, Tristen is 9, Trinity is 5(she will be 6 this month), Tyme is 3, Thomas is 1, and Teresa is 8 weeks.
We are in Colorado right now. We have been homeschooling since Taylor was 5, but he did go to public school for 1 semester. We are using Seton, but we like to use other things as well. Brandon has a new job so school is on hold starting today because we are going to be packing up and moving into our 5th wheel(like an rv but it is pulled with a truck not driven) with him so we can be with him.
Anyway, I am going to ask Taylor if he would like to be on the teen board...what does he need to do. Does he register as a memeber and then I let you know that he is a teen and you change his memebership? lol Thank you very much and God Bless.
Back to Top View Sunflowermama's Profile Search for other posts by Sunflowermama

Vanessa
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Oct 06 2006 at 10:46am | IP Logged  

Hello, my name is Vanessa. I am a mother to 3 little ones and this is our first year homeschooling. So far we are really enjoying it. I have been enjoying this forum for a little while now. I hope you don't mind that I read and get ideas from all of you more than I post. I am very excited to have found a Catholic forum and one about homeschooling no less!

LaMere Academy
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Oct 07 2006 at 8:48pm | IP Logged  

hello everyone!
My name is Becky and I recently bought Real Learning and came here to learn more about CM methods and to talk CM.
I have four children ages 12, 10, 7 and 6. We've been homeschooling for a little over 6 years. I've been married for 13 years and we live in New England. I look forward to participating on this board!
~Becky
Back to Top View LaMere Academy's Profile Search for other posts by LaMere Academy Visit LaMere Academy's Homepage

blairb4
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Oct 09 2006 at 4:28pm | IP Logged  

Howdy! I'm Blair in Texas, mom to two little girls. I've been enjoying the blogs of many of the forum ladies and thought I'd come join in the discussion. I have really been motivated by everyone's beautiful families, homes, and the way you all live out your Catholic faith! I formerly taught kindergarten and first grade before staying home. We plan to homeschool and my husband is finishing up his degree this December, so we're not sure where we're going next. Always a new adventure!
~~~
Blair, wife of Steven ('01)
Mommy to Mary Clare ('03) and Elizabeth ('05)
Back to Top View blairb4's Profile Search for other posts by blairb4 Visit blairb4's Homepage

Catholic-Mother
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Oct 09 2006 at 5:35pm | IP Logged  

Hello from Washington State!
My name is Melissa and I am a mother of 3 little boys. We just started home schooling in August with the preschool curriculum, Little Saints.
In my spare time I enjoy keeping my blog tidy, reading about Catholicism (especially life and family issues), and thrift store shopping with my husband! I look forward to contributing and reading the boards.

In Christ,

Catholic Mother
Back to Top View Catholic-Mother's Profile Search for other posts by Catholic-Mother

Kristen in TN
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 10 2006 at 9:32pm | IP Logged  

Hello, my name is Kristen and my husband, Joe, and I have 5 children; 3 boys 9 1/2, 8, & 6 and girls 3 & 1. We used to live in Front Royal, VA, but moved almost a year ago to Tennessee. There are very few Catholic homeschoolers around here. I was a memeber of the yahoo group a few years ago and had the opportunity to meet some wonderful people who are here. I always come back a read the posts, but usually don't feel that I contribute much. However, since Elizabeth had her baby, I just had to say Congratulations, so I registered and here I am. I want to thank everyone for their posts here as so much has been learned!

God bless,
Kristen in TN
Back to Top View Kristen in TN's Profile Search for other posts by Kristen in TN Visit Kristen in TN's Homepage

bfarmmom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 12 2006 at 8:29pm | IP Logged  

Hi Everyone!!
My Name is Kirsten. I have a wonderful husband named Terry. We have 5 children boys 9 & 3, and 3 girls 7,6, and 2 and one more sweet girl due in Dec. We have been homeschooling for 5 years. I have Elizabeth's book and have read it to many times to count, I just LOVE it. I love the idea of this sort of education. But then every year I order those workbooks and there you have it. I would love to see what other families are doing. How you document it, etc. I feel like we are wasting sooo much precious time learning from workbooks, when there are so many wonderful books available to us. I don't know where to begin!! Looking forward to learning here!!
Peace,
Kirsten
Back to Top View bfarmmom's Profile Search for other posts by bfarmmom Visit bfarmmom's Homepage

SusietwinsX3
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Oct 14 2006 at 1:59pm | IP Logged  

Hello, to new friends and old, dear ones...
I am not new, but am returning... have been off for almost two years. I joined the original CM group in 1998 I believe it was. We have been homeschooling for 10 years.
We have three that graduated homeschool Zach (21), Allison (19) and Brittany (19) My current students are Luke (9), Alex (7) Christopher and Tessa (4 1/2) and then Vincent (Curiouszilla) and Gianna 21 months. God made it very clear that with four under three years that the computer was counter productive. However, now I need all your wonderful inspiration and support again. I hope I can give a fraction of what I have gleaned over the years from you all.
Back to Top View SusietwinsX3's Profile Search for other posts by SusietwinsX3

kaw912
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Oct 17 2006 at 7:32am | IP Logged  

Hello. I've been registered her since May, and I realize I haven't formally introduced myself here, so here goes ...

My name is Kathy, I live in Western Fairfax County, VA (I see a number of others on this board are from around the same area - I feel blessed that the Diocese of Arlington is such a wonderful, faith-filled environment).
I grew up in Ocean County, NJ and I moved to the DC Metro area about 10 years ago for school. I met my dh, Michael, about 1 1/2 years after moving here. We are celebrating our 5th Wedding Anniversary this Friday, and we have two beautiful children: Anna, 3 1/2 years, and Matthew, 15 1/2 months. I turned 32 last month.

I am very inspired by ideas for home catechesis that I'm finding on this board, as well as ideas for creating a truly Catholic environment in the home. I could also
use some support in my vocation as a wife and mother.

God bless all of you!
Back to Top View kaw912's Profile Search for other posts by kaw912

St. Ann
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 21 2006 at 2:11pm | IP Logged  

Hi! My name is Stephanie Ann and live near Münster in Germany. I am american - dh is german - our 4 daughters(ages 10,7,5,2.5) have dual citizenship. As you probably know, homeschooling is illegal in Germany, but we still have many opportunities as parents to educate! I guess the most important aspect of our 'homeschool' is providing our children with an environment of "Catholic culture" that hopefully will lead to a love for the Church. That is why I am here at reallearning!   I have ordered Eliz. Foss' book, but have not yet recieved it...mail travels slowly to Germany...I found this site through her blog, and hers through Danielle Bean...

I am really looking forward to this!
Back to Top View St. Ann's Profile Search for other posts by St. Ann Visit St. Ann's Homepage

Jeanna
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Oct 22 2006 at 6:24am | IP Logged  

Hi. I recently started reading Real Learning where I learned about these forums. I LOVE what I have read so far and am excited to turn my home into a real learning atmosphere! I am 27 and have been married for 6 years. We have 5 children, 5, 3, 1 1/2, and 5 month twins (all girls except for the 1 1/2 year old). We just started homeschooling about 7 months ago right before the twins were born. I grew up in small town Iowa and went to college in Omaha, NE where I majored in Elementary Ed. I love Omaha! The Catholic community there is awesome and so faithful to the Magisterium. My husband is in the military and we are currently living in the UK.

In Christ,
Jeanna
Back to Top View Jeanna's Profile Search for other posts by Jeanna

Margaret in MN
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 22 2006 at 7:33am | IP Logged  

Hello, Everyone!

I am brand new to the forum--only one lone little apple! There are a lot of familiar faces here, though!

My name is Margaret and I'm a homeschooling mom of 2 boys and 3 girls--ages 9, 7, 5, 3, and 2--and have one in heaven. I have much in common with you all, it seems! That is, a love of Catholic doctrine, homeschooling, and all things on-line.

I also do a little bit of writing on the side and have had a few articles published in Family Foundations (the CCL publication). Ad majorem Dei gloriam!

I love to read, bake & scrapbook, time permitting. I cannot sew to save my life although I have been known to mend a button or two.

I am also having way too much fun with these emoticons, it appears.

In any case, I love this forum and thank Our Lord for the many ways my family has been blessed by the ideas shared here.

Blessings in Jesus & Mary,

Margaret
Minnesota Mom

PS. Can anyone tell me how to add a photo to your profile? I am wondering if I have to graduate to 2 apples to do so!
Back to Top View Margaret in MN's Profile Search for other posts by Margaret in MN Visit Margaret in MN's Homepage

hassiebro
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Oct 25 2006 at 3:17pm | IP Logged  

Hey Everyone!
Believe it or not, this is my very first post ever! I am totally new to blogs, just never took the time to "try them out". A friend of mine told me about this one and I can't believe all the support, prayers and wonderful input you all have given to this true calling to sanctity in homeschooling. What a blessing this will be for me.
I thank you all for your time, effort and prayers in this endevor. Hope to be active here as well.
May you all have a wonderful All Saints Feast Day!
All you angels and saints,
Pray for us!
Hassie
Back to Top View hassiebro's Profile Search for other posts by hassiebro

Bethany
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 30 2006 at 12:43pm | IP Logged  

Hi~

My name is Bethany and I have been lurking for a few weeks. I have been married to my DH for 6 years and we have three DD's, Amelia 4 (6/02), Sarah 3 (10/03), and Martha Grace 1 (10/05). We currently live in Leesburg, VA. I read Elizabeth's book and throughly enjoyed it, which led me to this message board.

I'm in the process of converting to Catholicism. I have completed RCIA, but I'm having to wait for my husbands annulment. Thank you all for everything you have already taught me and for your wonderful faith.

Bethany
Back to Top View Bethany's Profile Search for other posts by Bethany

Zeliemum
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 31 2006 at 6:18am | IP Logged  

Hi,
I'm Chemai from Lismore, Northern New South Wales of Australia. I’m a convert to the faith of nearly 11 years, and love to live and breathe the faith. Certainly doesn’t make me perfect, it helps me to know that I have a long way to go.

I've known about this board for a couple of years now, but because I didn't have a computer of my own until a couple of months ago it soon slipped my mind. Thankfully a friend reminded me about it and straight away I became a member. Since then I've checked it out regularly for ideas, inspirations and guidance. I'm certainly not a CM h/ser, however I have been using some of her methods over the years without consciously knowing it. Since being on this forum and reading more about CM I have since bought a couple of books and started looking into it a little more. I still love my text books and my Seton material, as they keep me grounded and give me a path to follow or stray from when it suits. Also my dc’s really enjoy them and respond well.

We use Saxon maths for my oldest two dc's and they really enjoy it (hard to believe,but, Yes). We are currently using 54, I am hoping by the end of first term next year to be on 67. (We lost a lot of time last year when I had to move away from the family home for 4 months). So I’m on a mission to gain some ground. My younger two dc use Rod & Staff Maths. We also use Seton for Science, Religion, Art, English (as well as some of Seton’s other supplement material and some of my own discoveries). We do rabbit trail often and love to see where things go. I am just discovering notebooking and lapbooking - thanks to a good friend guiding me. We love Saint’s lives, Australian history, Music, Historical fiction, Science and more.

My dh takes the dc for Latin, Music and Gregorian chant with some of their h/s cousins, which fills our Musical side of things. We put this into practice during visits to some homes for the aged in our area which we visit every two months. We sing for them, play games, read and basically keep them company. The dc are also performing a Christmas pageant with some of their other h/sed cousins for the senior citizens over Christmas.

As a family we love to go, camping and boating. Dh and the children love riding motorbikes (the smaller kind), we also love going to the beach and hanging out all together. We love being involved in the Church and going to Adoration,and to as many daily Masses as possible and we love EWTN

I have had 11 pregnancies in my 12 years of marriage to my dh Scott, 4 miscarriages, 7 delivered children with one - Jonathan who passed away last October at 5months old, after being 16 weeks premature (weighting 594gms). He was doing considerable well (weighting over 4000grams when he died) after a mammoth struggle in intensive care for 41/2 months, he got transferred to our local hospital and on the 12th day he caught a hospital bacteria and died. We have just celebrated his first year in the heavenly kingdom. We have 6 beautiful dc here with us now in our earthly home.

I’m sorry if this has sounded long winded, but I just seemed to get on a roll.

It is good to remember that the tea kettle, although up to its neck in hot water continues to sing
Rejoice evermore. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

God bless to you all.
Happy All Saints day

Chemai

Carole N.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 31 2006 at 6:04pm | IP Logged  

Hello Everyone.

My name is Carole. I live in Northern Oklahoma with my dh of 18 years (Joe) and our three children. We have been homeschooling for 9 years. My ideas about learning and homeschooling have changed since I first began. But one goal has always remained consistent and that was the importance of reading.

I read Literature Alive! two summers ago. I loved the book and wished I had read it sooner. This summer a friend introduced me to Catholic Mosaic and Real Learning. How I wish I had read them sooner! One thing lead to another, and that is how I arrived here. I have been lurking for a few weeks before I decided to take the plunge.

This group is what I truly need. We live in a small town with very few homeschooling Catholics--actually very few Catholics (less than 4%). I love homeschooling, and I have many ideas, but I feel a sense of isolation. This group is the answer to my prayers. A forum for an exchange of ideas.

I am currently homeschooling two of my children. My ds Joshua (13) and my dd Avery. My third child, ds Dustin, whom God blessed us with through adoption when he was 5, is in the local public school. They work very closely with us as he is a special needs child.

I also wanted to add that I graduated from Texas A&M University, and I grew up in the Austin area. My dh is from Philly, so we also have family in that area.

I am looking forward to all of your great ideas and perhaps even sharing a few of my own.

Carole N.
From the Heartland

Taffy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 01 2006 at 9:28pm | IP Logged  

Hi everyone,

I'm not new to the list but wanted to re-introduce myself...

My pseudonym is Taffy. My husband is uncomfortable with me using my real name online so that's why I don't use it here. When I first joined this list, I used my middle name but have since been using "Taffy". I do give my real name in PMs though. I just wanted to mention this to clear up any confusion that may have resulted in my "name hopping"

I am a mom to three boys. We homeschool the oldest but I have been "afterschooling" all three for quite some time now. We live in rural Saskatchewan, Canada.

My interests include homeschooling,   autism (my oldest boy is autistic), crafting, horses and swimming. I've been gleaning from this board for a while now. It's been the most welcoming, informative and comfortable place I've found online. Welcome to all the new members!

Looking forward to the conversations...

Back to Top View Taffy's Profile Search for other posts by Taffy

<< Prev Page of 8 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version