Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: How did you meet your dh? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
mary theresa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 08 2008 at 3:26pm | IP Logged Quote mary theresa

Who needs to watch a romantic movie? Just come read these stories! They are awesome.

Mine's a really ordinary story, but I'll tell it . . .

I met my husband in college.   I saw him standing by himself at one of the orientation events and I remember telling my friend -- " See that guy over there? His eyes are amazing and he's so handsome." I watched him the whole night. So, I guess it was love at first sight for me.

He doesn't remember our first meeting a few weeks later -- I do, though I never said anything but "H-Hello" because he was SO breathtaking
I was too shy to ever talk to him, so God must've wanted us together and made it happen, cuz I sure didn't, though I pined after him all freshman year. We went on the same mission trip in the spring of freshman year and he asked me to spring formal on the way home in the plane.    We emailed all summer long, then we started really going out sophmore year and got married one month after I graduated.

Not so romantic sounding as some of these stories! But it was romantic enough for us I guess.

Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 08 2008 at 4:08pm | IP Logged Quote Lisbet

Crusurmom - that's too funny!

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12
Back to Top View Lisbet's Profile Search for other posts by Lisbet

MarieC
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 08 2008 at 4:28pm | IP Logged Quote MarieC

These are all such great stories! I'm glad that there's such a wide variety....not all super gushy romantic ones...those are nice too, but I like the funny ones and the the more "off-beat" ones just as well.

Here's our story...

I had just started college at a state univ. and had gone early for sorority rush. Didn't know anyone upon my arrival. The university was overcrowded that year and my four person room actually had five girls in it. I was the only one of my roommates there for rush and so was the girl two doors down the hall so we became friends pretty quickly!

The first weekend came and her roommates flaked out on plans with us so she suggested going to visit some guys from home who lived across campus. One of them was my dh...partway through the evening he passed her a note asking if I had a boyfriend and later passed her another with his phone number. I've still got those notes!

I called him the next day and we went to "study" in the library. I couldn't keep my eyes on my books--they kept straying to him! A few days later I was walking across campus and saw him up ahead...I gave him a bump with my bookbag. I don't think that's an important part of the story, but he always brings it up when we talk about how we met!

That was almost twenty years ago. We got engaged during my senior year of college and married a year later. Dh apologizes to my parents once or twice a year for marrying me when he did. He hadn't finished college, wasn't currently enrolled in school and wasn't doing anything special job-wise...having three daughters made him realize how terrifying that must have been to my parents! They always say they weren't worried but those of us with good memories can still see the panic in their eyes! We'll celebrate 16 years this fall!

Out in the Orchard
Back to Top View MarieC's Profile Search for other posts by MarieC

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 08 2008 at 4:48pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

crusermom wrote:

I met my husband the first day of med school - in gross anatomy lab. He was at the table next to me and just had the best smile. It was truly romantic - minus the formaldehyde smell and the dead bodies.

True love indeed.

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

RamFam
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 08 2008 at 4:53pm | IP Logged Quote RamFam

My husband and I worked together in the labor and delivery ward in Austin, TX. I had sworn off any close relationships and certainly any more children, being a single mom at 20 years of age. He said plainly, "He'd probably meet someone younger and have more children." I told him he was out of his mind, as he was almost done with the parent thing (his boys were 16 and 17; he was 36) and could now get on with his life.
We married within a year of meeting and have 3 more boys!

Back to Top View RamFam's Profile Search for other posts by RamFam Visit RamFam's Homepage

JoBeth in OH
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: April 08 2008 at 11:22pm | IP Logged Quote JoBeth in OH

stefoodie wrote:
I said 'yes' 2 months later on his 26th birthday (this is the initial Filipino "yes" which means, yes, I'll go steady with you) -- then 'I Do' 2 years later on his 28th birthday.

Sorry this is so long -- I can talk forever when it comes to my dh!!
Anyone who knows your dh wouldn't blame you one bit for a post twice as long, Stef! And if anyone else ever sees your wedding pic, they'll agree that you haven't aged a day!   

I met my dh in high school when we were 15. My best friend liked him, and at the time I was dating her now-dh.    What can I say, we went to a small school!    

Later, we spent a LOT of time together because my other best friend and dh's best friend are brother and sister. We spent most of a school year and a whole summer together as friends before we began dating. It was a great beginning.

Meanwhile, I looooooved him, and he was totally clueless. I don't think I was too obvious, but I really, really liked him. He was so funny and so kind and so smart and was soooooo cute in his football uniform. I didn't know he liked me until he kissed me after a football game in the school parking lot.   In front of the rest of the cheerleading squad and most of the football team. There may not have been literal fireworks, but it was pretty loud anyway!

Remember my best friend who liked Eric while I was dating her dh? The four of us had our official first dates (with the appropriate spouses ) together, a week after the first kiss.

We've been inseperable ever since. We married at 20, and celebrate 11 years of wedded (mostly ) bliss next month.

I loved reading everyone's stories!

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: April 08 2008 at 11:28pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

JoBeth in OH wrote:
I met my dh in high school when we were 15. My best friend liked him, and at the time I was dating her now-dh.    We went to a small school!

Okay, that is funny. But I went to small high school my last two years also, so know how that can happen.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

mom2mpr
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 09 2008 at 7:22am | IP Logged Quote mom2mpr

After giving up on finding a nice guy to spend my life with I met mine at a triathlon. We were both swimmmer's on different teams and after our swim part(we finished about the same time--me first though )we hooked up a talked for the rest of the race. Then we parted ways.
He was thinking,"I want to spend the rest of my life with this lady," and I had the same thoughts for this man. But, no phone number, no address, nothing. As I drove home to CT from NH I got over it as I figured if it was meant to be, it would. We ended up seeing each other again on the same Masters swim team months later. From there is just progressed to him helping me and my dog move into a 1 bedroom condo I bought-- that I was going to spend the rest of my single life in until retirement. We ended up spending a lot of time in the 680 square foot condo(9 years) and many events-- our marriage, one undergraduate degree, one kid and the dog. They were good times
Anne
Back to Top View mom2mpr's Profile Search for other posts by mom2mpr

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version