Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Why are you here today? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 07 2008 at 10:39am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Another thing I love about 4real is that if I have to ... gasp ... miss a day or so ... I can easily catch back up with who's doing what because of the nature of forums! I love this format ... so MUCH easier than email or yahoo groups.

Besides, where else would I be but here?

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 07 2008 at 5:09pm | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

amyable wrote:
Maryan wrote:
Where else would someone know how to type a narration while nursing a baby, juggle laundry for five (or more), create a peaceful home environment despite the fact that your children would like to create a racetrack in every room of your house, live the liturgical year with fervor, and teach history to several different grade levels?? And allow you to use emoticons while you make friendships with other ladies trying to do these things???

Maryan nailed it for me.

And also the prayer warrior aspect!

I truly feel loved by so many of you.

And this is the only place online I've ever gone where I feel we talk about even "difficult" topics with love and grace.

Yep!

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 07 2008 at 5:12pm | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

Oh, and where else will you find people who use the word "fora"?   

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

KerryK
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 07 2008 at 6:10pm | IP Logged Quote KerryK

Like others, I have no homeschool support group. In fact, I live in a rural area, and only know 2 other homeschoolers, neither of whom share my faith or educational philosophy. There is so much out there I would have never learned about if it were not for these boards. It has opened a whole new world for me. As a new homeschooler, and Mom of three, I feel that I've learned so much from all you veterans out there!

Mary (6)
New baby Samuel 2/26/07!
and 9 angels in heaven

The Eyes of My Heart
Back to Top View KerryK's Profile Search for other posts by KerryK Visit KerryK's Homepage

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 07 2008 at 6:15pm | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

You all help me *talk things out*; I guess that's fairly similar to the answer someone else gave about enjoying brainstorming.

I also appreciate the prayer support available and feel useful and privileged to be able to pray for all of you.

And, last but not least, you are a fun and loving group of ladies that I like to spend time with.

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 07 2008 at 6:44pm | IP Logged Quote Lisbet

Because you are all my friends. I love to visist with you all, learn from you, share with you, and pray for you. And I love that you all do the same for me in return.

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12
Back to Top View Lisbet's Profile Search for other posts by Lisbet

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 07 2008 at 6:53pm | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

I have been thinking about this - as Maryan says I am verbose I have blogged about it:Why an online forum

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

Taffy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 07 2008 at 7:19pm | IP Logged Quote Taffy

Pretty isolated here - I know of no other homeschoolers within 60 miles of us and the closest support group is definitely of a different philosophy and faith background. Also, even among my fellow catholics here, I don't feel that we fit in. At least, not with thoe of my own generation.

I've learned SO much about what catholicism is all about on this board and on how to teach my children while respecting them as 'born persons'. I am truly grateful for all who contribute here and pray for you all daily - even if you don't see me pop in here often. Thank you!

Back to Top View Taffy's Profile Search for other posts by Taffy

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 07 2008 at 8:09pm | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

well, i could say i'm here today because hubby just left for italy and i'm feeling a bit lonely... but truly, i'm here because

i've grown in holiness because of everything i've learned here (but i still have OH SO MUCH to learn)

everytime i come here, SOMETHING/SOMEONE blesses me with their post, their insight, their friendship -- i almost always come out uplifted, inspired, motivated

because i've received so much through this board -- just the prayers are more than enough to keep me coming back! -- much more than i'ver ever given, i *have* to come here just to give back even a bit

because i've been blessed, my family has been blessed as well, in innumerable ways. our prayer life, our homeschooling, our marriage -- there's no aspect of our lives that hasn't been touched by the many kindnesses and graces and knowledge shared through this board.

IOW, i just wouldn't know what to do without you all!!

thank you!!!

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

Martha
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 07 2008 at 9:10pm | IP Logged Quote Martha

mary G wrote:
]Another thing I love about 4real is that if I have to ... gasp ... miss a day or so ... I can easily catch back up with who's doing what because of the nature of forums! I love this format ... so MUCH easier than email or yahoo groups.

amen to that! I am on exactly 2 email lists at this point and I rarely look at either. The Magnum Opus yahoo group (an awesome group that I wish I had more time for, btw!) and cathswap (which I run by to see if they have what I'm looking for probably no more than twice a year. If either of these ever go message board style - I'll be doing a happy dance big time.

I just do not have time to weed through individual or digest emails. I can come to these boards, hit "active topics", do a quick look over, maybe send a post or two and I'm done until next time. Nothing to pile up on me or to weed though and it's so much easier to do a search on the board than through an email group.

Besides all that why am I here?
I'm sure there's many lofty and noble reasons like chatting with like-minded ladies about such serious subjects as our faith, our families, and homeschooling. I have to note though that it sure doesn't hurt the boards cause that I can't see my neverending pile of laundry or dishes from this chair.

Back to Top View Martha's Profile Search for other posts by Martha Visit Martha's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: April 07 2008 at 10:39pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

KC in TX wrote:
Oh, and where else will you find people who use the word "fora"?   

Seriously!!! I was just coming on to post that! Who knew "forum" had a plural, and that you could just throw it around willy-nilly?!

That's why I'm here!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version