Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: April’s Shower of Photos Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Donna
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 03 2008 at 4:14am | IP Logged Quote Donna

Jenn,
Add me to your list!

Jacob, Sam, and Regina with God
Grandbabies Leigha and Elsie

Moments Like These

Back to Top View Donna's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Visit Donna's Homepage

Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 03 2008 at 6:07am | IP Logged Quote Lisbet

Jennifer, I know it's late, but please add me. :) I will post this afternoon!

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12
Back to Top View Lisbet's Profile Search for other posts by Lisbet

marihalojen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 03 2008 at 9:41am | IP Logged Quote marihalojen

I'll be glad to add you ladies in! Join anytime,

MaryM wrote:
Okay, Jennifer I have risen to the challenge as well. Hey, I loved your post tonight with the tutorial. We don't need to put any tutorials with our uploads do we ?

Goodness no! Do as much or as little as you'd like. I'm really trying to learn about my camera, (my dh has been after me since Christmas) so some of my posts may be more tutorial than others, I suppose, as I try to explain what I thought or what I was trying to do. For instance this morning I was working with depth of field and orchids. I started off with one of my favorite settings - Portrait for a shallow depth of field (where the background is blurred) but then learned that the A setting on my camera means Aperture Priority where I can control the Aperture but the camera will select the shutter.

Not that I can show you these photos yet, Dh ran in to grab the camera and take photos of a clogged carburator on a 54 ft Jefferson he's working on right now. The things he takes photos of and the things I take photos of are not in any way related, let me tell you! No one will ever confuse our pix...

SSR = Sailing, Snorkling, Reading
Back to Top View marihalojen's Profile Search for other posts by marihalojen Visit marihalojen's Homepage

mrsgranola
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 03 2008 at 9:46am | IP Logged Quote mrsgranola

ADD ME TOO...I've got some chicken feather clipping photos to post now.

JoAnna

Aggie gal
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 03 2008 at 10:09am | IP Logged Quote Aggie gal

I've really enjoyed everyone's photos so far. They're all great. I think I'll have to move past portraiture to some other stuff tho. Right now I'm just hooked on a 50mm f/1.8 lens that my neighbor let me borrow so that's all I seem to do.

Back to Top View Aggie gal's Profile Search for other posts by Aggie gal

marihalojen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 03 2008 at 11:55am | IP Logged Quote marihalojen

I've linked everybody on my sidebar this morning, if you don't see yourself, your link doesn't work, etc...let me know!!! I'll be back this evening but we're off to kayak a mangrove trail this afternoon.

Back to Top View marihalojen's Profile Search for other posts by marihalojen Visit marihalojen's Homepage

donnalynn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 03 2008 at 12:12pm | IP Logged Quote donnalynn

I really like this idea - I am hoping it will help give me the get and go to get up a little earlier!

I left a comment on your blog and my first post is up - let me know if there anything else I should do.

We'll feature a snippet of our Our Morning Walk. In past years we've made some lovely morning discoveries - praying mantis, luna moths, newts, budding plants...all kinds of wonders.

I'm so excited!

marihalojen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 12:43pm | IP Logged Quote marihalojen

Oh my gosh! You ladies are fantastic photographers!!! So inspiring...

I've added everyone to the sidebar I think and it isn't too late to take a few photos and post either - join in, it's fun!

<- Dd says this is me squinting through my SLR!

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 05 2008 at 1:01am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Jennifer.........do you have a way for me.....or us.........to add your side bar to our own blog posts....or sidebars, too?

Thanks.......

I feel like EVERY SINGLE NIGHT something gets in my way from a computer not cooperating.....twoce.....to a hdh who comes home early....twice......to a kid who needs help on a paper......

Still trying to make it work tonight!

marihalojen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 05 2008 at 11:00am | IP Logged Quote marihalojen

Chari, since I use Sailblogs I think the codes and such are different than Blogspot or Typepad. I have to enter each link individually and code it. So your link looks like this to me behind the scenes.

(111) Our Hearts' Haven (http://ourheartshaven.blogspot.com/" target="blank...)

I'd be happy to send the copy along if that works for you. I cannot wait to see your Mt. Shasta series, Chari!

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 05 2008 at 11:40am | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

Jennifer, PM me please (Aisa sent Marianna something and I just want to make sure it's still the right PO box)

Anyway, I want to join your photo event please!! Do I just starting a photo a day and link you guys on a blogroll or is there anything else I need to do?

Also, re the coding -- if anyone needs help adapting a blogroll into their sidebar, it's easier accomplished through Wordpad when translating from one blog host to another. I can re-code Jennifer's code to fit mine (or anyone else's who needs help, or I can tell you how).

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

marihalojen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 05 2008 at 11:52am | IP Logged Quote marihalojen

PM'ed you, Stef.

Right now, I'm just going the casual route regarding the Showers of Photos and I'm so pleased that others are having fun and amazed at how it is growing! So currently, I've just been linking the blogs in my sidebar, though I'm totally open to suggestions. What do you think would be neat to see or cool to do?
Suggest away!

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 05 2008 at 12:44pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

Yay! Mine are up to date!.........but only because dh and older kids got into very long chatting last night......when we all should have been in bed   

see all of yours when I get home from a day at the ski park!

marihalojen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 11 2008 at 9:36am | IP Logged Quote marihalojen

I wanted to share some photos that Marcie emailed to me. Aren't they incredible?

Aggie gal
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 11 2008 at 9:47am | IP Logged Quote Aggie gal

marihalojen wrote:
I wanted to share some photos that Marcie emailed to me. Aren't they incredible?

Um... YES!! They are beautiful. So wonderful to see nature shots like these. We're surrounded by mud and muck here at the house. I just need to get out with camera in hand and get me some SPRING! Thanks for posting Jennifer.

Oh, and btw, I love your posts on shutter speed. I need to figure out how to change that setting on my camera.

Back to Top View Aggie gal's Profile Search for other posts by Aggie gal

RenB
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 15 2008 at 7:08pm | IP Logged Quote RenB

Jennifer;
I just had to post here to let you know how much we're all enjoying this "April Shower of Photos" fun. Instead of my husband asking each day "What's for dinner?" early in the morning, thanks to this he now asks "What photo did you put up on your blog?" Hilarious!!! It took way over thirty years to distract the guy, thank you! LOL

Mommy to eight, cherished treasures sent to us 22 years apart. Nana to seven lovelies...so far.
"Go East," they said
Back to Top View RenB's Profile Search for other posts by RenB Visit RenB's Homepage

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 16 2008 at 12:12am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Very funny, Renee!   

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: April 16 2008 at 12:28am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

I'll chime in and say I'm really enjoying it, too! Everyone is so talented and it's really fun to see what folks post each day. It has also really encouraged me to learn new things about my camera and not just do everything on AUTO mode.

Thanks, Jennifer.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version