Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: I had hesitated to share this Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Taffy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 27 2008 at 9:13am | IP Logged Quote Taffy

I'm outraged on your behalf, Molly! It sounds to me more like these so-called mid-wives are the ones who are mentally unstable, not you!

I am praying that you will find some better pre-natal care very soon.

Back to Top View Taffy's Profile Search for other posts by Taffy

Wendy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 27 2008 at 9:33am | IP Logged Quote Wendy

Molly,

That is horrendous.

We will pray that you find better care quickly.

We will also pray that because you are sticking to what you know is right, at least one of those midwives will be led to have a change of heart.

Momma to Grace, Sam, Ben, Maggie, Mary Cate, and Jamie
Back to Top View Wendy's Profile Search for other posts by Wendy

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: March 27 2008 at 9:48am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

I'm so sorry, Molly.

Your respect for life is based on objective measures to include:

Life begins at conception (If my beginning wasn't at conception, when was it?)

You and your dh have valued life for (list objective number) years, not just since Oliver's death.

*Termination* objectively ends life.

That's it. This is not about your emotions or mental health status (I really hate when folks play junior psychologist - just needed to slip that in.)

Now to my prayer. I pray that God blesses you and your baby with peace and protection in all encounters with *the professional birthing world.* I pray that you and your dh stand firm, confident, and kind in the face of the confusion, misinformation, hostility, and cluelessness of others. I pray that you receive referrals that will lead you to trustworthy care providers. I pray that others see Jesus through you and your love.

St. Michael the archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray. And do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, through the power of God, cast into hell, Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

My love to you, your sweet baby, and family.

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Maddie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 27 2008 at 9:56am | IP Logged Quote Maddie

(I've had to rewrite 2x, I was so mad)

My prayers are with you, Molly! How twisted and evil. God has plans for this baby, Molly.

Donna Marie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 27 2008 at 10:03am | IP Logged Quote Donna Marie

Oh Molly! I am so sorry you had to endure this. Another reason we need St. Michael to defend the helpless... I send him on in ahead of me every time I have any kind of appointment. I still can't believe that people could be so cold towards new life...it really unsettles me. I will pray extra-hard for you that you will find a very WONDERFUL and COMPETENT Dr who can help you and your little baby.

You are in my thoughts and prayers every day! I pray that God will use the ugliness of this situation to make wonderful things happen for you. Compost can be very slimy...

God love you, my friend!
Donna Marie from NJ
hs momma to 7dc +one more due 10/08!

Finding Elegant Simplicity
Back to Top View Donna Marie's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Marie Visit Donna Marie's Homepage

snowbabiesmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 27 2008 at 10:07am | IP Logged Quote snowbabiesmom

You are a follower of Christ and His words always tell us to follow Him. They may not be easy and sometimes lonely ( in the case of you vs the midwives) You have a strong faith in God and in your sweet baby He entrusted you with. May His will prevail and you to stay strong throughout this ordeal. Prayers that the right Dr will intercede with you and you baby.

Nico'13;Zelie Oct'14, *Mary Joseph Jan'16
God's Canvas
Back to Top View snowbabiesmom's Profile Search for other posts by snowbabiesmom Visit snowbabiesmom's Homepage

chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 27 2008 at 10:10am | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

I am very grateful to you all.

I have just received word that this is spreading quickly and the birth center and midwives are receiving MANY calls and complaints! Locally many Catholic women drive in to Pgh to these ladies, as I stated before, we have never had any indication that they would ever take this position.
I was informed that Nancy, the midwife I spoke with, is in fact Catholic
Back to Top View chicken lady's Profile Search for other posts by chicken lady Visit chicken lady's Homepage

mom3aut1not
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 27 2008 at 10:39am | IP Logged Quote mom3aut1not

Molly,

I am so sorry.

I was afraid of a negative reaction in two of my last three pregnancies (two of the last three ended in miscarriage) because of the high probability of having an autistic or otherwise disabled child. I tole them what I knew and that I intended to have this child anyway in the first few minutes of the first visit. (I only did this because of the experiences of another over-40 mom I know.) I didn't have any further problems. I had the advantage of there being no remotely conceivable reason for them to fuss with me, and that I knew more about the chances than they did.)

It's really horrible. I"m glad other moms are supporting you there. Maybe you should have your dh speak to them about your firm conviction on the worth of every human life which predates Oliver's life and death. I think they'll have more trouble playing the "unstable" card with him!

I'll pray for you.

In Christ,
Deborah
Imperfect mom of four imperfect children
Back to Top View mom3aut1not's Profile Search for other posts by mom3aut1not

MaryMary
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 27 2008 at 11:03am | IP Logged Quote MaryMary

Molly, this just brings tears to my eyes. I am praying that our Lady will hold you and baby tight in her loving mantle as you endure this persecution!

Back to Top View MaryMary's Profile Search for other posts by MaryMary

Donna
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 27 2008 at 12:05pm | IP Logged Quote Donna

Oh Molly…my heart is aching for you. I know your pain.

As I read your post I became sick to my stomach with old feelings. This is exactly what happened to me when I was pregnant with Jacob.

The thought of someone telling me that my child wasn’t worthy of life because he wasn’t “perfect” was more of a load than I could carry. Hearing the “health care professionals” tell me, five times, that I should consider terminating Jacob's life, left me deeply wounded. Health care professionals are suppose to uphold life and protect it. But…they considered him unworthy of living.

I still cry when I think about it.

I am offering many, many prayers for you…and for those you encountered who are in such darkness.

I am so very sorry that you had to endure this appointment. No one should ever have to go through this.

With much love ,

Jacob, Sam, and Regina with God
Grandbabies Leigha and Elsie

Moments Like These

Back to Top View Donna's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Visit Donna's Homepage

mama251ders
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 27 2008 at 1:03pm | IP Logged Quote mama251ders

Oh Molly! How horrible for you. It shocks me that midwives, who are entrusted with the loving care of not only mom and baby, but the whole family would react and treat you this way. I would also have to imagine that they know where you stand with this issue. How terrible that you were treated this way by people who you trusted so much. I will most certainly be praying for you and your family and also for the midwives. Good luck in you new doctor search. If you lived here in Southeast Michigan, I would have an awesome recommendation for you .

Blessings,
Betsie
PS It also took me several rewrites before I could use appropriate language!

Back to Top View mama251ders's Profile Search for other posts by mama251ders

CKwasniewski
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 27 2008 at 1:37pm | IP Logged Quote CKwasniewski

Molly,
I am so sorry about this....!
I will pray for you and your family.

much love,
ck
Back to Top View CKwasniewski's Profile Search for other posts by CKwasniewski

Rachel May
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 27 2008 at 1:39pm | IP Logged Quote Rachel May

My heart is so heavy over this. I'm praying too, Molly.

LisaR
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 27 2008 at 2:04pm | IP Logged Quote LisaR

my first thoughts were: better to know this now about this group of "midwives" than to have to see them even one more minute!! Think of how sickened others must feel knowing that they have gone to them/go to them, knowing that their (midwives) true colors are finally showing here in this situation. I really think Mary allowed this to happen to protect you and your precious little girl.
keep us posted.

Paul 14
Thomas 11
Dominic 8
Maria Gianna 5
Isaac Vincent 9/21/10! and...
many little saints in heaven!
Back to Top View LisaR's Profile Search for other posts by LisaR

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 27 2008 at 2:13pm | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

Oh Molly, how awful...as a mother with syndromic children, I am sickened...but it isn't new to me either.
God loves you, He is in charge, and this baby is His handiwork...period.
Love and prayers to you and your whole family!

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: March 27 2008 at 2:34pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Molly,
This is so sad! I too am struck by the in-your-face-evilness.

Sending many prayers your way. Begging Our Lady of Guadalupe to intercede for you and the littlest.

Just wanted to warn you to be on the lookout - the evil one will try to use this to rob you of your peace. Focus on your little one, and the joy of being gifted with life.

"Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteouness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when men revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven..."

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Courtney
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 27 2008 at 2:58pm | IP Logged Quote Courtney

I'm so sorry you had to go through this! My prayers are with you!

Back to Top View Courtney's Profile Search for other posts by Courtney

momwats8
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 27 2008 at 3:14pm | IP Logged Quote momwats8

Molly - I am sitting here in utter disbelief! I am sooo sorry. I am prying for you all.....

http://www.momwats8.blogspot.com
Back to Top View momwats8's Profile Search for other posts by momwats8 Visit momwats8's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 27 2008 at 5:06pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

I'm just in complete shock that you have had to endure such evil behaviour, I am asking Our Blessed Mother to cover you and your dear baby in her mantle.

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

Caroline
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 27 2008 at 5:07pm | IP Logged Quote Caroline

Molly, I'm so very sorry that you've had to deal with this. You and your little are in our nightly prayers.

<< Prev Page of 4 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version