Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: Managing Eczema Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Isa in Michigan
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 12 2008 at 8:11am | IP Logged Quote Isa in Michigan

I've suffered from eczema for a number of years now. After trial and error, the best cream I found for it was "O'Keeffe's Working Hands". I get mine at the Meijer store. It gets down into the skin to heal it, and does a great job.

When I was going to an Alternative Health Care doctor for something else, he had me take "Cataplex" for my dry skin. This worked so well, that I didn't even have to use cream on my hands. "Cataplex" is a blend of flaxseed oil and a few other things. It is made by Standard Process Inc.
Back to Top View Isa in Michigan's Profile Search for other posts by Isa in Michigan Visit Isa in Michigan's Homepage

KackyK
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 12 2008 at 9:28am | IP Logged Quote KackyK

For the O'Keeffe's, did you use it just on your hands or other places too. I saw online there is a cream for the hands, a cream for the feet or a lotion for both...which did you use and where did you put it? Sounds pretty personal doesn't it

Never heard of Cataplex. Did some sort of prescription for it? It sounds like you don't use it anymore?

Mom to 8 - 3 dd, 5ds & 4 babes in heaven

Beginning With the Assumption
Back to Top View KackyK's Profile Search for other posts by KackyK Visit KackyK's Homepage

DeAnn M
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 12 2008 at 2:34pm | IP Logged Quote DeAnn M

A lot of reading I have done recently suggests that eczema is most likely caused by a yeast overgrowth. You could cut back on yeast products and sugar which feeds the yeast and continue with the probiotics. Probiotics will be more helpful once some of the yeast is cleared out of the system. Two books, The Yeast Connection, and The Body Ecology Diet, are helpful resources. It may seem difficult and somewhat extreme, but it has drastically improved my eczema. I don't follow any diet to a T but I have noticed when I eat more sugar and yeast products that I flare up pretty badly. There is definitely a connection for me.

I know there is a saint to pray to for skin conditions but I am blanking out right now. May be helpful to ask for prayers for wisdom!

Hope this helps!
DeAnn
Back to Top View DeAnn M's Profile Search for other posts by DeAnn M

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 28 2008 at 9:45am | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

I have received some natural suggestions which I will try and report back on
- dead sea salt baths - I have got Earth Therapeutics as there are no additives

- MSM supplement - I got the Source Natural powder - given to me as the most efficient source. I used to take this for joint problems after an injury a few years ago. Sulphur deficiency is seen as one of the major contributors to skin, hair and nail problems

- aloe vera gelly topically and the juice internally - my brother who is an obgyn abroad - has a natural medicine person in his practice who recommended Forever Living products

I am a little concerned about the aloe propolis cream recommended as it has lanolin and fragrance. I may just try the Lily of the Desert gelly and juice before I order these other things.

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

graciefaith
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 14 2008 at 3:37am | IP Logged Quote graciefaith

Dd2 had ezcema due to food allergies so as long as she stayed away from her allergens, she was fine.

Dd3, we suspect, has a combo of food and environmental allergies. We are currently living near Tokyo, Japan and the air is very polluted. Many people come here without any kind of allergies but leave here with them. Someone suggested to bathe her 2-3x a day and cover her with vaseline. Up til a few days ago, i've used aquaphor, but with no real results. I've done this for a few days now and it's gotten so much better. I thank God for this! Her skin was so bad. She was so itchy and miserable. My heart hurt for her. I pray that it continues to get better and also, that after we leave here(in May), it completely goes away.

KackyK
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 14 2008 at 6:25am | IP Logged Quote KackyK

Same thing with us...we use to do the Aquaphor and then decided to just try the vaseline...SO much better. I didn't expect it really to make a difference, but I guess so! How nice it's about $10 cheaper too!

Mom to 8 - 3 dd, 5ds & 4 babes in heaven

Beginning With the Assumption
Back to Top View KackyK's Profile Search for other posts by KackyK Visit KackyK's Homepage

krygerzoo
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: May 06 2008 at 10:00pm | IP Logged Quote krygerzoo

My youngest would get excema on his cheeks after drinking milk or eating anything with cheese. I took him off those and he was fine. Then my friend introduced me to raw (real!!) milk and the little guy had NO MORE SYMPTOMS! It's been two years now and we're still enjoying the milk straight from the farm.

For small flare-ups for me (sugar is my trigger) I use The Golden Salve. Before trying healthier alternatives, A&D Ointment worked well!

nissag
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 07 2008 at 10:01am | IP Logged Quote nissag

I've heard that switching to goat's milk (raw) & adding flax oil to the diet is helpful. Flax oil has helped to clear a lot of Louis' psoriasis. It is possible that non-acid producing foods could help a lot - avocados have more than 2x ideal human ph - which should help to balance acid from other foods and stress.

Blessings,

At Home With the Gadbois Family

Back to Top View nissag's Profile Search for other posts by nissag Visit nissag's Homepage

LLR4
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 07 2008 at 12:23pm | IP Logged Quote LLR4

ATTENTION ALL ECZEMA SUFFERERS or PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH:

I too have suffered in my childhood horribly with eczema. It has been milder and on and off as I have grown, but twice in my adulthood I suffered a horrifuc outbreak reocurrence. At that time I sent away for some information I saw online(out of sheer desperation, trust me) and then conversed with the author doctor of the information via e-mail. I have to say it was a real eye-opener for me about the CAUSES of eczema. It boasts it is the CURE for eczema, and I have to say, it was for me--and continues to be when I follow it's recommendations.

Creams are wonderful, and avoiding irritants of existing problematic areas is key as well, but finding the CAUSE/ROOT of the issue is the best of everything. I have an 11 page packet with this info for anyone who wants it. It's a good size download, but I would think could make a big difference for you or your child if eczema is a real life interfering issue or you really suffer. I'm willing to take the time to send to anyone who wants this info, and it may help.

Feel free to e-mail me @ LLRphotography@aol.com and just put 'eczema packet' in the subject line. I will reply with the attachment.

Back to Top View LLR4's Profile Search for other posts by LLR4 Visit LLR4's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version