Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: Not so silly after all...... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 11 2008 at 12:31am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Molly, dear, I have been praying.....but could not post

You are on my mind frequently throughout the day.........and in our daily memorare........and the rosary novena.

I have heard so many warnings about what was wrong with babies.....including recommendations for abortions.....only to have perfectly healthy babies born........praying you get to meet your sweet girl when she is at term

chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 11 2008 at 7:46am | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

Thanks Chari, what do you know about the placenta problem? How often are they wrong about not being able to carry to full term? I feel the same as you about the heart warnings, too often they are wrong. But the palcenta is troubling, any thoughts??
Back to Top View chicken lady's Profile Search for other posts by chicken lady Visit chicken lady's Homepage

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 11 2008 at 12:51pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

I am sorry, Molly, but I have never heard of this before in any of my experience. Did they use the most up-to-date US equipment, so they could see very well? Do you need a second opinion? I think I would probably want one.

One thing I wondered was, if part of the placenta is not attaching............are those blood vessels then "closed" or just left "open"? Did they say if they were expecting any bleeding?

There are several other OB nurses on the boards......they would have more experience than I, as I have always worked in a small rural hospital with limited exposure to unusual problems. Does anyone else have any other info to offer?

Praying!

LisaR
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 11 2008 at 12:59pm | IP Logged Quote LisaR

Molly, I have had this placenta problem but I hesitate to post about it because we finally determined that all of the bleeding/cord/placenta issues I have are due to two bleeding disorder factors. I hemmoraged during this though, and was on strict bedrest to.1. prevent the grapefruit size clot from bursting, thus dislodging the little one
2. prevent the placenta from further separation.
3. make managing the bleeding bearable. I literally could not stand up without soaking through hospital size maxi's, so I honestly did not feel like going anywhere, anyway

Paul 14
Thomas 11
Dominic 8
Maria Gianna 5
Isaac Vincent 9/21/10! and...
many little saints in heaven!
Back to Top View LisaR's Profile Search for other posts by LisaR

chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 11 2008 at 3:20pm | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

Thanks Lisa, I know it is common enough, I know 3 moms who have had it. I need more information, like what are the chances of the placenta maintaining? I too, have a large clot, I pray I don't end up on bed rest, I will go nutty
Back to Top View chicken lady's Profile Search for other posts by chicken lady Visit chicken lady's Homepage

Caroline
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 11 2008 at 3:34pm | IP Logged Quote Caroline

Praying, praying Molly. If it is any consolation, my now 4 year old had an echogenic focus on his left ventricle--a soft marker for downs. When he was born he had a heart murmur that disappeared after two weeks. You are in our daily prayers.

LisaR
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 11 2008 at 4:44pm | IP Logged Quote LisaR

molly are you bleeding at all? if not, then I would not worry quite so much?
when do they want to do another sono?
and, was this your first sono?
sorry, maybe the history is already on here!

Paul 14
Thomas 11
Dominic 8
Maria Gianna 5
Isaac Vincent 9/21/10! and...
many little saints in heaven!
Back to Top View LisaR's Profile Search for other posts by LisaR

Courtney
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 12 2008 at 6:03am | IP Logged Quote Courtney