Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Definition of 4Real Friendship Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Mary Chris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 15 2008 at 7:51pm | IP Logged Quote Mary Chris

I have to say 4 Real friendships are the best!

I was able to spend a little bit of time with Mary M when she was here on vacation this summer. I wish I had had more time to spend with her. I had to go to CGS trianing where I got to hang out with Jen L.   We found out (Mary and I) we have a mutual friend, how amazing is that! My brother moved to Co recently, knowing Mary M and Mary G are there gives me even more reason to visit him.

This really is an incredible community of women, that I feel blest to belong to.   

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 16 2008 at 12:51am | IP Logged Quote Chari

I am in the Mary Chris fan club, too! I can say why later......got to get to bed!

Lisa, dear, just hop on I-5 in July and come camping with us in Mount Shasta!

Lisa R
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 19 2008 at 4:46pm | IP Logged Quote Lisa R

Chari wrote:
Lisa, dear, just hop on I-5 in July and come camping with us in Mount Shasta!

Chari, We may very well be moving back East this summer and will have a new baby (Lord willing) but I'll keep this in mind! Thanks!

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 16 2008 at 11:05am | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

I am resurrecting this thread. I am sitting here just all teary eyed - I got a lovely card with Lourdes water from Mary M. Thank you my friend - you are an answer to prayer in so many ways. You have helped me stay afloat with all the illness the last few months.

Hugs

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 26 2009 at 6:38pm | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

I am resurrecting this thread again - I got to meet MaryM today in person - what can I say but that I am even more of a fan - wonderful wonderful lady with a great family - our family is already missing hers.

I feel blest to have such kindred spirits on this board!

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 26 2009 at 6:44pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Oh, I have a holy envy there Marilyn! How lovely and what a blessing for you both!

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 26 2009 at 7:45pm | IP Logged Quote Mary G

MarilynW wrote:
I am resurrecting this thread again - I got to meet MaryM today in person - what can I say but that I am even more of a fan - wonderful wonderful lady with a great family - our family is already missing hers.

I feel blest to have such kindred spirits on this board!
... and WE get her next! How cool is that?

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 27 2009 at 12:17am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Here we go again!

Mary....WHEN are you coming to see ME????

Have lovely and blessed visits with MaryM all of you.......doesn't Jennifer get her soon, too???

Mary Chris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 27 2009 at 9:29am | IP Logged Quote Mary Chris

Can I play??? Mary M just left my house! It was so fun to hear our boys laughing together last night and this morning.

Next year.....Denver!

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Aug 27 2009 at 10:56am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Mary Chris wrote:
Next year.....Denver!

I'm in! So glad you all are having a blast. Prayers for safe travel, too.

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 27 2009 at 11:02am | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

Angie Mc wrote:
Mary Chris wrote:
Next year.....Denver!

I'm in!

When? If we don't strike dh might be up to a nice vacation next year. I'll join you all! I want to meet MaryM (eta: and Mary Chris and Angie and ALL OF YOU! ] so badly.

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 27 2009 at 11:11am | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

You know....we have family and friends in Denver....and if Lily's trach is out....it just might work for us, too. Not to hijack the discussion, but I was just telling my dh the other day that you all have become so dear to me, I would LOVE to meet some of you in person!! Wouldn't it be great to have a Denver meet-up? Hummm.....something to ponder.

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 27 2009 at 1:16pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Well, all of you are way too fast on posting. We had the blessing of MaryM's family for two nights before Mary Chris. We had a wonderful time and I really wasn't ready for it to end.

Driving to Denver seems like it would be so hard with the younger kids...I think we would have to wait a few years. But it is on the table for discussion.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 27 2009 at 1:18pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

And I should add that we had a little 4Real gatherine to meet MaryM on Tuesday -- Mary Chris, Maryan, and two of my sisters and their families. The children all played so well together, and it was just wonderful to be able to have conversations in real life.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 28 2009 at 12:36am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Okay, I might consider Denver, if Gwen will put me up again??

Wonder if I could con...I mean, talk Willa into Denver? And, just re-stating the earlier remarks in this post from the first time araound...I am SO a Mary Chris fan!

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Aug 28 2009 at 12:57am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

I'm slightly embarrassed here...

I am the one who feels fortunate. It has been such a treat to meet and get better acquainted with the wonderful 4 Real ladies here.

The reason Denver came up as a possible 4 Real meeting place (I've been plotting this for years) is it's centrality - the geographic center of the contiguous United States is in NW Kansas - since there isn't much there and Colorado is only a couple hundred miles from there it seems a good central place. And I'm one of the co-chairs for our 2010 Catholic homeschool conference which could provide a "reason" to gather.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 28 2009 at 5:48am | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

Chari wrote:
And, just re-stating the earlier remarks in this post from the first time araound...I am SO a Mary Chris fan!

Forgot to say this - big Mary Chris fan here too - a kind and thoughtful friend who is always ready to help.

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 28 2009 at 5:53am | IP Logged Quote Maryan

JennGM wrote:
And I should add that we had a little 4Real gatherine to meet MaryM on Tuesday -- Mary Chris, Maryan, and two of my sisters and their families. The children all played so well together, and it was just wonderful to be able to have conversations in real life.

I was so excited to finally meet MaryM, her husband Rick and kids! The boys had a great time playing with her 9 yo. MaryM is such a mentor and is so generous with her time here. It was such a privilege.    The only sad part of the day was going home for naptime. :(

Back to Top View Maryan's Profile Search for other posts by Maryan

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 28 2009 at 7:03am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Mary G wrote:
   ... and WE get her next! How cool is that?
She and her dh and her lovely two youngest are hanging out with us a few days ... and Ruth and some of hers came to visit yesterday!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 28 2009 at 11:07am | IP Logged Quote Chari

So, when exactly IS the conference, MaryM?

MaryG...maybe you could ask her and post it for us?

I like to imagine the possibilities .....and save the date.....

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version