Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: How long have you been here? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 08 2008 at 10:28pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

In the introduction thread, Erin asked:

"Just how long has the board been going? Actually I would love to know who else has been here that long? I'm impressed."

Here was my response:

These boards have only been here since January of 2005.

The original yahoogroups (CCM or Catholic Charlotte Mason) was started by in Nov or Dec of 1998. I, myself, joined in April of '99. So, for me that is 9 years in April.

Which means Aidan will be nine in June....since I joined just before he was born.

~~~~~So, who has been in CCM and on the boards for over five years? Longer than me?    I know Willa, Elizabeth, Macbeth and MicheleQ can say they have been there longer.

missionfamily
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 08 2008 at 10:47pm | IP Logged Quote missionfamily

I have been around since Quinn was one, about eight years on and off because of our time in missions.

Footprints on the Fridge
Back to Top View missionfamily's Profile Search for other posts by missionfamily Visit missionfamily's Homepage

Lavenderfields
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 08 2008 at 11:41pm | IP Logged Quote Lavenderfields

I joined December '99'. 8 years for me. But, I found the CCM site about 6 months earlier, but couldn't figure out how to join or get on the boards. Very computer illerate .

God Bless
Robynn
Back to Top View Lavenderfields's Profile Search for other posts by Lavenderfields

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 09 2008 at 1:22am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Chari wrote:

Which means Aidan will be nine in June....since I joined just before he was born.

Just to clarify

That would be the infamous Aidan Ryan, son of Willa...not one of my own

Mary Chris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 09 2008 at 6:03am | IP Logged Quote Mary Chris

I think I was pregnant with Ronan, and he is about to be 8, so over 8 years ago for me. I hardly ever posted on the CCM, just lurked.

I found out about the group at NACHE, the year Elizabeth, Michelle and MacBeth spoke on CM.

vmalott
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 09 2008 at 6:49am | IP Logged Quote vmalott

Nope, not longer, but I was curious since it seems like FOREVER.

Well, the Yahoogroups thing said I joined CCM in 2004, but I *know* I was on the list before Elizabeth's book was published! So, I'm guessing I was on the list, unsubbed because of the heavy volume, then resubbed again in 2004. I started homeschooling in 2001, got turned on to CM early on, so I'd say it's probably been about 5-6 years of lurking on the list.

Then I came to the boards in 2006.

Valerie

Back to Top View vmalott's Profile Search for other posts by vmalott Visit vmalott's Homepage

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Jan 09 2008 at 6:55am | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

A long time

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

cathhomeschool
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Texas Bluebonnets

Posted: Jan 09 2008 at 9:28am | IP Logged Quote cathhomeschool

I joined the yahoogroup Feb.'01, but mostly lurked. I found it by searching yahoogroups for Charlotte Mason after attending a CM workshop that Cindy Kelly's group hosted. So 7 years for me.

Kathryn UK
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 09 2008 at 9:52am | IP Logged Quote Kathryn UK

Chari wrote:

~~~~~So, who has been in CCM and on the boards for over five years? Longer than me?    I know Willa, Elizabeth, Macbeth and MicheleQ can say they have been there longer.

I have you beat, Chari . December 98 I think. My 9yo was just a baby.

Back to Top View Kathryn UK's Profile Search for other posts by Kathryn UK

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Jan 09 2008 at 12:35pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

I found out about CCM when I moved to PA in 2001 via my computer savvy friend, stef. We met each other in PA somehow and after talking with her awhile she said to me, "Do you go to CCM? You need to. You talk just like them!"

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

LisaR
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 09 2008 at 1:00pm | IP Logged Quote LisaR

you know what was fun/bittersweet for me? going back to CCM and reading posts from 2001, etc. even when I pick up Elizabeth's book I kind of sigh, ah, for the days when life was daily nature studies, reading "Pocketful of Pinecones" en masse, and so on. Somehow life for us is tripping along at a more rapid pace. Not worse, just different, as I fear I am on the brink of a different season. (moms with kids in college/adult kids don't laugh! )

Paul 14
Thomas 11
Dominic 8
Maria Gianna 5
Isaac Vincent 9/21/10! and...
many little saints in heaven!
Back to Top View LisaR's Profile Search for other posts by LisaR

LisaR
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 09 2008 at 1:04pm | IP Logged Quote LisaR

PS, from what I can surmise, I joined in Jan 2001.

Paul 14
Thomas 11
Dominic 8
Maria Gianna 5
Isaac Vincent 9/21/10! and...
many little saints in heaven!
Back to Top View LisaR's Profile Search for other posts by LisaR

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 09 2008 at 1:24pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

Oh, Lisa...it IS so bittersweet. It is so hard to find the time to stay with all of the early CM stuff for the youngers, while the olders need support in living their lives as they branch out into the Real World. Heavy sigh?

Last night I went to CCM for the first time in yrs and read page worth of posts....the only name I recognized was Kelly in Fl and one other. Change is hard....and sad sometimes.......and, I will admit, I was VERY resistant to the boards...but it quickly became my favorite place, and, I pretty much chose the boards over the email list. That was a bit of a surprise for me......after all of my feet-dragging.

I am glad, Kathryn, to know we have "known" each other all of these years ...someday, I hope to visit you in real life

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 09 2008 at 1:25pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

Elizabeth wrote:
A long time

The LONGEST time , I'd say!

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 09 2008 at 1:54pm | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

Angie Mc wrote:
I found out about CCM when I moved to PA in 2001 via my computer savvy friend, stef. We met each other in PA somehow and after talking with her awhile she said to me, "Do you go to CCM? You need to. You talk just like them!"

You're so funny, Angie!!! I'm so glad you actually listened!

Yup, I remember that. And we met through EL-HEN -- two members of which are on this forum now also -- momtomany and mathmama. Thank you, Lord for off- and on-line friends!!

CCM was literally my LIFELINE when I was getting back to homeschooling in 2001. I had no idea how to get started homeschooling a 5th grader. And I was in overkill mode, subscribed to 20+ homeschooling forums/lists just to make sure I was covering all my bases. Most of them were secular -- so CCM and this forum is/was such a blessing!!

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

MacBeth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Probably at the beach...

Posted: Jan 09 2008 at 2:30pm | IP Logged Quote MacBeth

Elizabeth wrote:
A long time

Yup! Me too!

Nature Study
MacBeth's Blog
Back to Top View MacBeth's Profile Search for other posts by MacBeth Visit MacBeth's Homepage

Fuzzy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 09 2008 at 2:39pm | IP Logged Quote Fuzzy

Does lurking count?

Back to Top View Fuzzy's Profile Search for other posts by Fuzzy Visit Fuzzy's Homepage

kingvozzo
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 09 2008 at 2:56pm | IP Logged Quote kingvozzo

I guess I've been here almost 3 years, and at CCM for maybe 2 years before that? Although I don't think I hardly ever posted over there. I still check in there about once a week.
It's so strange how quickly time passes...I can't believe I'm in my 5th year of HS'ing

Back to Top View kingvozzo's Profile Search for other posts by kingvozzo

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 09 2008 at 3:19pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

Fuzzy wrote:
Does lurking count?

of course it does!

~Rachel~
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 09 2008 at 4:10pm | IP Logged Quote ~Rachel~

Hmmm... I have been on here... well whenever my avatar says I did .
I was a lurker on CCM since about 2000/2001. I know it was before Elizabeth's book, because I remember her asking the group stuff and talking about it! But at the time since DS was just little, I had no experiences to add

Lighting a Fire
Back to Top View ~Rachel~'s Profile Search for other posts by ~Rachel~ Visit ~Rachel~'s Homepage

Page of 2 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version