Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: A bit personal........but --Update Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
bfarmmom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 09 2008 at 9:04am | IP Logged Quote bfarmmom

Thank you all for your responses. I have been calling around to different OB's and no one can get me in right away, even explaining the situation. How sad.
The lines on the tests I have been taking have darkened a little and I am starting to feel queasy at times. Praying that is a good sign. I have never been so happy to feel nauseous

Sonlight Garden
Back to Top View bfarmmom's Profile Search for other posts by bfarmmom Visit bfarmmom's Homepage

Kristen in TN
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 09 2008 at 10:15am | IP Logged Quote Kristen in TN

Here Here on the nausea! With this pregnancy I have never been so happy to be sick either! I'll keep praying for you to find a new and wonderful OB.

Those darker lines and that nausea are good signs!

God bless,
Kristen in TN
Back to Top View Kristen in TN's Profile Search for other posts by Kristen in TN Visit Kristen in TN's Homepage

bfarmmom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 14 2008 at 3:44pm | IP Logged Quote bfarmmom

I wanted to update you all on what was going on with me. I did end up miscarrying this baby on my daughter's 9th birthday. Unfortunately I could not get in right away with any OB because I was a new patient. It was so frustrating. I am so saddened by this but there was nothing I could do.
I guess the good out of all of this was that I did find a new OB. I had an appt. today and she was wonderful! She didn't blink an eye that we had six children and wanted more. She was very reassuring and told me to just relax and the minute I get another positive test or if I even think I am pregnant to give her a call and she would start me on the Progesterone right away. She seems like a very nice lady and a wonderful doctor.
Thanks for your prayers and your advice and for letting me share.

Sonlight Garden
Back to Top View bfarmmom's Profile Search for other posts by bfarmmom Visit bfarmmom's Homepage

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 14 2008 at 3:57pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

Thank you for updating us, Kirsten. We will continue to keep you in prayer. Your new doctor sounds very promising. I'm so happy you found her.

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Feb 14 2008 at 4:15pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Oh Kirsten, I'm so glad you let us know what happened - I have been wondering. And I'm so sorry for your loss. Many prayers for you as you grieve.

I am so relieved that you have found what sounds like a supportive OB. I know it will take time for God to heal you of this loss, but when you're ready and suspect you're pregnant, get in to the doctor right away. I have 3 children (one about to be born) that are living proof that early progesterone intervention WORKS!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

hopalenik
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 14 2008 at 5:22pm | IP Logged Quote hopalenik

I very am sorry for your loss, our situation sounds identical. I miscarried 2 weeks ago and I had a very weak test. When I had the ultrasound at "7" weeks the baby was 10 days smaller than it should have been. I was not confident from the beginning, and I did obsess for 10 weeks over the weak test. My first miscarriage also came on a daughters birthday. That is quite difficult sitution being happy for your birthday child while you are so sad inside.

As a side note, the FDA has decided to make a few changes that could impact the future of progesterone treatments. I say could because right now the FDA is focusing on bio-identical estrogen products but I would not be surprised to see it turn to focus on progesterone later on....

""will eliminate false claims that hormone products made by compound pharmacists for individual clients are any safer, effective or natural than FDA-approved drugs. "Claims like these mislead consumers and health-care providers with inaccurate information," said Deborah Autor, director of the of the office of compliance in the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research at the FDA, at a recent briefing. In announcing the crackdown, FDA officials went so far as to say that they would consider any commercial use of the term "bio-identical" to be considered "false and misleading." (At a recent press briefing, FDA officials said they would like to see the term bio-identical disappear altogether...""

http://www.acog.org/from_home/publications/press_releases/nr 10-31-05-1.cfm

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: Feb 14 2008 at 10:37pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

I'm sorry for your loss - praying for you!

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 14 2008 at 11:16pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

I will be praying for you. I will pray to my little Saint Valentine, whom I miscarried 16 yrs ago today.

bfarmmom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 15 2008 at 8:23am | IP Logged Quote bfarmmom

hopalenik wrote:
I very am sorry for your loss, our situation sounds identical. I miscarried 2 weeks ago and I had a very weak test. When I had the ultrasound at "7" weeks the baby was 10 days smaller than it should have been. I was not confident from the beginning, and I did obsess for 10 weeks over the weak test. My first miscarriage also came on a daughters birthday. That is quite difficult sitution being happy for your birthday child while you are so sad inside.

I am so sorry for you also I was praying for you this morning.
Thank you all for your prayers and kind words.

Sonlight Garden

Kristen in TN
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 16 2008 at 4:20pm | IP Logged Quote Kristen in TN

Kirsten,

I am so sorry! This year I felt worse for my son, Kevin, who wanted so much to have a baby on his birthday, Sept. 1. (The baby was due in Sept.) He was so upset when we burried out little Lewis Francis. Then we were pregnant again and lost the baby the day before his 9th birthday.

I am so glad you found a more supportive doctor and I'll contine to pray for you.

God bless,
Kristen in TN
Back to Top View Kristen in TN's Profile Search for other posts by Kristen in TN Visit Kristen in TN's Homepage

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version