Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: I'm having one of *those* weeks Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 14 2007 at 3:52pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

Thank you, Cay, for your wonderful sense of humor and your beautiful spirituality. I will look forward to the post-Christmas babymoon along with you!

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Dec 14 2007 at 6:41pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Cay wrote:
I stopped for cups of hot chocolate with whipped cream for the kids and a quick cup of White Chocoloate Peppermint Latte for myself...and it was yum . Wish I could have treated you to one, Elizabeth. Really!

Well, wishing got it done, sort of:-) Today, I had two! We still have no van and won't have one until Tuesday at the earliest. Mike's dad went to get Michael, so he got home. We borrowed Mary Chris' van to get the boys to basketball practice and then ended up going to Urgent Care with Stephen to get a staph infection treated. Between basketball and Urgent Care, Michael stopped at Starbucks. Still not sure if Mary Chris cued him or not . Anyhoo...I didn't drink it last night because I did want to sleep so I had it this morning. And when Emily came to pick up Gracie, she brought me one, too. With that kind of one-two punch and my eventual acceptance that I'm not going anywhere for days, I did settle in and get some things finished. We made three rosaries today and got all the leaves cut for our postponed St. Lucy wreaths. Everything is wrapped and tagged. The laundry is approaching caught up. And I made bigtime homecooked meal for the returning college boy. And then I had the privilege of celebrating a miracle with a friend. Sigh...I'm trying not to look right or left at the things that remain to be done or might even remain forever undone.Instead, I'm marveling at the good and thanking God for the power of double lattes .

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 14 2007 at 10:51pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

Elizabeth wrote:
Everything is wrapped and tagged.

Here too. I just finished.

And the birthday girl's table is set and festive and the cake is cooling on the kitchen counter and the red/green jello cups are setting in the frig and the bags are packed and the vehicle is gassed for tomorrow.

I would say I'm ahead of the game...but I don't want to jinx myself.

I will say that...evidently...Peppermint White Chocolate Lattes really do work wonders.

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version