Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: Going from 3 to 4 children Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Alice R
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 13 2007 at 5:16pm | IP Logged Quote Alice R

OH YES!
Very important to add that those scales do tip back again! After a few months or so, you are back in harmony.

Sometimes it depends where YOU are in your life. I was in a very good place in my marriage, my spiritual life, in homeschooling, we just moved here and I was so happy with our new house...

My fourth child was a very hard infant and screamed constantly. But I just rocked her and prayed...her screams didn't upset me at all. I was ready to take care of her. If I had a screamer like that when my mom was dying of cancer, I doubt I would've handled it so well.

You are going to be FINE!

kris
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 8:24am | IP Logged Quote kris

adding #3 and #7 were the most difficult adjustment for me. :) you'll do fine!

http://myspiritrejoices.blogspot.c
Back to Top View kris's Profile Search for other posts by kris

Martha
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 9:00am | IP Logged Quote Martha

#3 was are most difficult, but looking back I don't think it had anything to do with the actual baby. He was my first and only c-sec, which didn't go well, we were unemployeed, he was the only one who I was never able to bf, he was the one who couldn't tolorate nearly every formula on the market at the time, he was the only one I had mild ppd with (and it never seems mild to the person or those they live with!)

I think everything that made him difficult didn't have anything to with his birth order.

Now #5, that was our first girl. And wow oh wow she was and still is like culture shock to us after 4 boys! She's a whole new game plan. Anyone who thinks parents should treat boys and girls just the same obviously does not have both!

But as always Bridget is right, the scale always rights itself after a bit.

Back to Top View Martha's Profile Search for other posts by Martha Visit Martha's Homepage

juststartn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 9:18pm | IP Logged Quote juststartn

I went from 3 to 5 in one fell swoop. That's what happens when God decides to give you a "BOGO"...lol. Buy One, Get One (free)...lol.

I can't say that any change was more "difficult" than another...the boys have been more "interesting"...since their dad was leaving for Iraq in 3 wks, they spent two of those three weeks in the hospital, I had no other help, and I was recovering from my first (and, God willing, ONLY) c-section while simultaneously dealing with a nasty chest "thing"...that nothing would knock.

LOL

But so far, so good. Don't know when the next one will come along. All of mine have been a minimum of 22 mos apart (there is a 3+ yr space between Sophie and the boys), so I don't have two really small ones at one time...

Rachel

Sophia 4/19/04
John 5/7/07
David 5/7/07
Ava Maria, in the arms of Jesus, 9/5/08
Back to Top View juststartn's Profile Search for other posts by juststartn

SallyT
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 10:52pm | IP Logged Quote SallyT

One to two was hardest for me. #4 came on the heels of #3, and our life was in turmoil at the time, so she might have been the hardest (the odd kids have been the most consistently difficult personalities), but she was an easy baby and just rolled with things. I remember all kinds of first-year-homeschooling chaos going on while she slept in her Moses basket on the dining room table.

That new-baby phase is a time of disequilibrium no matter what, but by the time the dust settles, you can't remember what you did without the new one, and neither can anyone else.

Sally

hopalenik
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 18 2007 at 11:08am | IP Logged Quote hopalenik

It was good to read those twin resposes, because sometimes I look back and think that I just didn't know what I was doing....but then I am reminded that it was the twin factor plus I just didn't know what I was doing:) I am scared about number 6 because this will be the first time I have the 4, 2, newborn combination....I had 2 and twins but there was a 3 1/2 break between my twins and the next one...

Holly
Back to Top View hopalenik's Profile Search for other posts by hopalenik

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version