Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: almost 9 mo old won't eat baby food & ? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Nov 28 2007 at 7:54pm | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

Jess,

I've been meaning to answer you on this one. That tip from Angie about not flipping but feeding from one side works very well. I've done that with all mine since Michaela and you don't have to be well endowed at all (you know how much I have ).

Michaela did not like baby food at all. She refused everything except Cheerios. It turned out she had aversion to texture. She didn't really eat solids until after a year old and we went straight into table foods cut up very small.

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

hereinantwerp
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 29 2007 at 12:45am | IP Logged Quote hereinantwerp

oops sorry about this I posted wierd!

Mother to Simon (13), Calvin (9), and Lyddie Rose (3)

my blog: live and learn
Back to Top View hereinantwerp's Profile Search for other posts by hereinantwerp Visit hereinantwerp's Homepage

hereinantwerp
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 29 2007 at 12:47am | IP Logged Quote hereinantwerp

hereinantwerp wrote:
My last baby would not eat anything "mashed" or let me feed her with a spoon. Little Miss Independant--Finger food only--!

So what I would do is cube up a little carrot or potato or apple whatever and just boil it in a little pan until it was soft, then rinse in cold water. It was actually quite easy to do this while I was making lunch or dinner anyway, it became a habit. You can cut things up ahead of time to have it ready or just do it right then, it only takes a minute. Avacado cubes or banana work too. When they are a little bigger the little lunch fruit cups of peaches or pears work, or cubes of soft cheese. And she did end up liking those gerber sausages, which I think are rather gross, but handy if you're out and about!

Mother to Simon (13), Calvin (9), and Lyddie Rose (3)

my blog: live and learn
Back to Top View hereinantwerp's Profile Search for other posts by hereinantwerp Visit hereinantwerp's Homepage

Jess
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 30 2007 at 6:45pm | IP Logged Quote Jess

Well now she has a cold so we've been nursing sitting up, but I will try the just staying on one side later. Do I cradle her in my arm or should she just lay on the bed?

I think I am going to steam some baby carrots or try some banana after she gets over the cold. Poor thing, she is so congested and has a yucky cough and she is just miserable. She's even having a hard time nursing, which is her *favorite* thing to do! She just moans! Its so sad

wife to dh('96)
mama to dd(13), dd(11), ds(9), dd(6), and dd (2), and baby girl born Sept 14!
star cottage

Back to Top View Jess's Profile Search for other posts by Jess

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Nov 30 2007 at 6:50pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

I'm so sorry she is not well, Jess. Those stuffed noses on little nursing ones just breaks my heart.

Jess wrote:
Well now she has a cold so we've been nursing sitting up, but I will try the just staying on one side later. Do I cradle her in my arm or should she just lay on the bed?

If I'm understanding you correctly, baby can stay on the bed while mom's arm extends above baby's head. But, of course, you can try different positions to see what is most comfortable for you and baby. Does this make sense?

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Jess
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 30 2007 at 6:58pm | IP Logged Quote Jess

Yes it does, we nurse like that sometimes. What I mean by cradling is like you would hold her nursing in a chair, just laying down, where her head is in the crook of your arm. We do that a lot too.
I was just thinking the other day that for almost her whole life (except 2 short weeks while he was home for R&R) its been just her and me in the king size bed (except when another child wandered in) while my dh is deployed, and he will be coming home pretty soon and I'm not sure with all the flip flopping we do that there will be enough room for him . I told him that and he didn't think it was very funny . But seriously, me just nursing laying on one side would be much easier space-wise, since the baby is a bed hog

wife to dh('96)
mama to dd(13), dd(11), ds(9), dd(6), and dd (2), and baby girl born Sept 14!
star cottage

Back to Top View Jess's Profile Search for other posts by Jess

Stephanie_Q
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 01 2007 at 5:15pm | IP Logged Quote Stephanie_Q

My girls were pretty good eaters, but my 2 boys have not eaten solids until they were 10 and 11 months. They both started on very ripe pears, which are really easy to mash.
Back to Top View Stephanie_Q's Profile Search for other posts by Stephanie_Q Visit Stephanie_Q's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version