Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: vaccinations? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Nov 06 2007 at 2:42pm | IP Logged Quote Lisbet

No vax here. Our first was till 6 ms. then we stopped. Maryan, Can you send some of them pox this way if you do end up with 'em? I have 5 that haven't had them yet!!

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12
Back to Top View Lisbet's Profile Search for other posts by Lisbet

folklaur
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 06 2007 at 3:12pm | IP Logged Quote folklaur

Mine haven't had chicken pox yet either . Well, oldest dd did before the other two were even born.

Problem I am finding, is that most other people DO get the CP vaccine, so it is hard for them to just "catch" it.

I hate vaccines, and always stress/wonder/worry. I remember when oldest was little and I insisted on using the the "dead" polio virus, which was a shot, and not the live one that they swallowed. I had a nurse tell me how mean I was to give my child another shot - like I wasn't feeling guilty enough, right? Now, they can't even use that anymore. It just didn't make sense to me.

I think it is really hard. There are many things I think that they do NOT need to be vaccinating for. But I also wonder if our recent generations can throw out the idea of vaccinating easier because we haven't seen the devastating effects caused by different illnesses. sigh.

It's so hard being a parent, and trying to make the best decisions for our children.

Our oldest daughter has a suppressed immune system, due to her kidney problems, and is highly allergic to most meds - so I get nervous, both in her getting shots, but also her being in situations where people can get her sick, too. There are only two or three antibiotics she can take. If she ever develops an immunity to them...well, that would be really bad.

Vaccines also work funny. My poor dh - when going to take some college classes - has had to get the Measles shot 4 different times in the past few years - and when they do the blood titer to check for immunity, he still has NO immunity to measles.

It is just so hard.
Back to Top View folklaur's Profile Search for other posts by folklaur

Stephanie_Q
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 06 2007 at 5:53pm | IP Logged Quote Stephanie_Q

cactus mouse wrote:

Problem I am finding, is that most other people DO get the CP vaccine, so it is hard for them to just "catch" it.

My oldest caught chickenpox from Grandma when she had an outbreak of shingles. Anyone who has had chickenpox can get shingles, usually when they're under severe stress (Grandpa was dying of cancer). So, keep your ears open for people who have shingles as well as kids who have chickenpox if you want to catch it. I actually know a young (upper 20's) farmer who just broke up with his girlfriend in the middle of harvest season and he broke out with a case of shingles!
Back to Top View Stephanie_Q's Profile Search for other posts by Stephanie_Q Visit Stephanie_Q's Homepage

RyaneM
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 07 2007 at 3:27pm | IP Logged Quote RyaneM

I have enjoyed reading all of your posts. I have one son (age 2) and have thus far immunized him. The more I read, however, I tend to have more and more concerns like those raise above.

My husband is still not sold on the idea of refraining from certain vaccines. He is pushing for me to get our son a flu shot at the clinic next week. What are your thoughts on the flu shot?

My feeling is that he doesn't need it. He didn't have one last year and was fine. He is home with me and not in daycare so the exposure is limited to outings (grocery store, library, etc. ).

I'd love to hear what you all do.

Thanks,
Ryane
Back to Top View RyaneM's Profile Search for other posts by RyaneM

RyaneM
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 07 2007 at 3:28pm | IP Logged Quote RyaneM

Nevermind .

I see there is another thread going with this very topic.

Sorry.

Ryane
Back to Top View RyaneM's Profile Search for other posts by RyaneM

happymama
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 03 2007 at 4:43pm | IP Logged Quote happymama

I posted all my current immunization opinions here
Back to Top View happymama's Profile Search for other posts by happymama

juststartn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 12 2007 at 10:11am | IP Logged Quote juststartn

I'm stuck in this bind, too. The oldest is fully immunized--even the chicken pox. The next one, hasn't gotten the four yr old shots yet (and she's 5 1/2). My youngest dd is 3 1/2, and hasn't had her shots for the last year plus. And the boys? The boys haven't had any since the one that they were given in the hospital. Being preemies, I wanted to delay them. Now they are 7 mos old, and I am beginning to get pressured to get them their shots. If I am going to, I need to do it soon, as we're retiring from the Army, and I don't know that we will be some place with onpost care (read that to mean: free shots).

SIGH. I hate this I hate this I hate this.

Rachel

Sophia 4/19/04
John 5/7/07
David 5/7/07
Ava Maria, in the arms of Jesus, 9/5/08
Back to Top View juststartn's Profile Search for other posts by juststartn

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version