Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: prayers for sale of house Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 16 2005 at 3:25pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Molly,

I put this in another Thread, but I just wanted to bring it to your attention....I just finished Swimming with Scapulars last week. It was so great, for many reasons. The first big one...I haven't sat down and read a book in so long. My dh even commented on how great it was to see me back in the reading habit. The house hunting/house selling took over a year and it was a killer!

So, Matthew has a little chapter on his saga of trying to sell and buy a house...here's his end quote:
For three months, it felt like finding and buying a house was all we were doing. Other people were getting married, having children, reading books, living life. We were buying a house.
Just replace the 3 with a 12 and that was my life ...and it sounds like yours right now! I'm praying for you...my total empathy for you in your process. God bless!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 25 2005 at 5:34pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

Jenn just reminded me that I need to update you all on our housing situation.

After some hassle and lawyer fees, we were able to convince the other couple to release us from the contract on that house with the interesting land arrangement. They ended up walking away with money from their realtor and our realtor and we ended up losing our deposit and the legal fees.

We quickly got out house hunting and fortunately found a very nice house, nicer than the one we turned down, with almost 5 acres of land, all in one place! It is further out than we wanted to be and the kids are a little upset. But I think that when all the stress has passed they will be quite happy with our new home.

We will be "homeless" for about three weeks, but it could have been much worse. My mother lives about 40 minutes away so I will take the five younger children to her house while my husband and oldest stay with friends so my son doesn't miss school. Unfortunately, he will have to switch schools so soon after starting his freshman year, but he is Mr. Personality so I think he will be fine.

Thanks for all the prayers. This has been a frustrating process but I cannot for a minute forget how blessed we are.

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version