Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: Depression/exhaustion prayers Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Maria B.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Nov 01 2007 at 3:24pm | IP Logged Quote Maria B.

Molly, this was me with my last one the month before she was due. I sought outside help ... it was the best thing I did for myself.

I am praying for you.

Love and prayers,

Back to Top View Maria B.'s Profile Search for other posts by Maria B. Visit Maria B.'s Homepage

Margaret in MN
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 01 2007 at 3:38pm | IP Logged Quote Margaret in MN

In my case, it was my first pregnancy that wreaked the most havoc on my emotions. Like yourself, I could hardly function and was crying ALL the time.

I went straightaway to my doctor--an awesome, Prolife Catholic wife & mother--who said, "Let's get you on some antidepressants." Bingo. I took a small dose of Paxil throughout the remainder of the pregnancy and continued a wee bit beyond my son's birth.

He's now a happy, strapping lad of 10, and I'm a happy, not-so-strapping mom of 5. If you know what I mean.

Molly, I will pray hard for you because I've been there. Posting your prayer request on this forum is an excellent start, but I would highly recommend talking to your doctor (if you haven't already done so).

God bless you, Sweetie.

Come for Coffee
Back to Top View Margaret in MN's Profile Search for other posts by Margaret in MN Visit Margaret in MN's Homepage

doris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 01 2007 at 5:17pm | IP Logged Quote doris

Praying, Molly.

Donna Marie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 01 2007 at 8:06pm | IP Logged Quote Donna Marie

{{{{Molly}}}}
We are still praying for you! We will pray you right over that finish line..and beyond!

Take care of you, dear lady!
I wish I lived close enough to give you a hand!

God love you!
Donna Marie from NJ
hs momma to 7dc

Finding Elegant Simplicity
Back to Top View Donna Marie's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Marie Visit Donna Marie's Homepage

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 01 2007 at 8:56pm | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

Praying, Molly...

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 01 2007 at 9:32pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

Thank you all! We made it through Mass and even went to the park with friends. It was a nice break, but still very overwhelming by the time we got home.

My midwife prescribed Zoloft for me last week. She told me it was fine for the baby, but when I got home and read the warnings on the medication, then started researching it on the internet, I became very upset because there are significant risks to the baby. I know that there is always the need to weigh the risks and benefits, but I felt really hurt that my midwife was so flippant about it. Now dh is pushing me to find another midwife and I feel even more paralyzed.

My mil is coming in two weeks, and staying for two weeks. Hopefully that will help both to get things more together here and to distract me some.

I really, really appreciate the prayers and support. I do have friends here who have offered to help. It is hard to know what to ask for though. I guess the clutter and the noise are what are unbearable right now, and the guilt of feeling that I am letting them down. I am trying really hard to concentrate on the baby, and just relax with the kids, but the panic comes in waves and I can't think.

Off to bed now, hoping everyone sleeps! God bless you all, you are a blessing to me.

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

Liz D
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 01 2007 at 10:52pm | IP Logged Quote Liz D

My heart goes out to you and I am praying!

Liz

nissag
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 02 2007 at 7:54am | IP Logged Quote nissag

teachingmyown wrote:
I do have friends here who have offered to help. It is hard to know what to ask for though. I guess the clutter and the noise are what are unbearable right now, and the guilt of feeling that I am letting them down. I am trying really hard to concentrate on the baby, and just relax with the kids, but the panic comes in waves and I can't think.

Molly,

How about you ask a friend or two to help the kids organize a "shower". Not in the traditional sense. What I mean is that your friends might organize a shower of love and service for you. They could straighten up the house and help get things ready for the baby. Make it pretty for you. I think you had mentioned that your girls are involved in Challenge? Maybe their group could do a service project - what a wonderful testament to LIFE!

Then maybe you could take the afternoon with another girlfriend or two - or with Court. Just see a movie, have some lunch, get a facial... It is NOT too indulgent. You are a mother, you are helping God to transmit life. He loves you and wants you to feel good and whole.

Take a walk outdoors, if you are able. Cut out as many sweet foods, fried, and starchy foods as you can. Increase green leafies and protein. I found that the depression at the end of my pregnancy with Louis (which was the worst of my babes), was largely settled with diet. I ate a lot of beautiful chef salads with dark greens, boiled eggs, farmers cheese, chicken, 'maters, olives... Wash it down with a tall glass of water with a lemon in it. Delish!

Fresh air and quiet was also important. Just 10 minutes set aside for you to breathe deeply of fresh air and offer prayers can feel SO much better.

Air the house for about 20 minutes a day - I know it's getting cold, but I promise, it's a wonderful thing!

I'm praying that you will get everything sorted with your midwife. Just tell her you ar enot comfortable taking this medication after what you've been reading. Ask for clarification as to why she prescribed it. If you're still not comfortable, ask for some natural alternatives. If Court is feeling too overwhelmed (husbands often are in these situations), bring along a girlfriend who can be a strong advocate for you. If your MW wonders why you're bringing her, just tell her you're going out to lunch after your appt!

It's times like these, I wish we all lived near each other. Don't try to organize all this yourself. Copy this and paste into an email to your best girlfriends. let them organize for you. Remember that people WANT to help. They just need to be asked. Folks are afraid of offering the wrong kind of help.

(((HUGS)))

At Home With the Gadbois Family

Back to Top View nissag's Profile Search for other posts by nissag Visit nissag's Homepage

KellyJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 02 2007 at 10:15am | IP Logged Quote KellyJ

Molly, I am continuing to keep you in prayer.

LisaR
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 02 2007 at 10:36am | IP Logged Quote LisaR

Molly, I recall with one of my pregnancies on bedrest emailing my local homeschool group and just saying "I need help!"
moms organized meals, taking the kids, and cleaning. It was all out of my control, and very humbling and embarassing at first. (I cringed knowing another mom was on her hands and knees scrubbing out my bathtub!) but it was a true miracle for myself and my family.
I love Nissa's idea of just forwarding on her e mail. tell the local moms that we all "made" you do it
Don't feel bad about your kids either. My kids have seen me have many breakdowns and days of crying. I always was very open about telling them I just did not feel well, and it was not their fault at all. I could not get through reading a Read Aloud book without sobbing. everything seemed hopeless.
Praying for you everyday.
love,

Paul 14
Thomas 11
Dominic 8
Maria Gianna 5
Isaac Vincent 9/21/10! and...
many little saints in heaven!
Back to Top View LisaR's Profile Search for other posts by LisaR

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 02 2007 at 4:46pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

Thank you. Especially Nissa and Lisa.

Nissa you have some great ideas. I know you had mentioned diet before and I was trying, but here I am eating Halloween candy while reading your post!

Some of my dearest friends have been reading this post and offered to come over and help out. But it is truly a humbling feeling to allow someone else into my messy world! When I was pregnant and moving two years ago, I had to ask for help and it really was hard. It is just as bad now.

One hard thing for me right now is when friends,some fairly close, most not, ask me how I am. I always feel like the "correct" response is "I'm fine". I don't want to burden anyone or make them uncomfortable. I hate any focus on myself. But then I feel like I am wearing a mask. And yet, in my good moments, I feel like I am just overreacting and looking for attention.

Sorry, my thoughts are a little jumbled here. I am just so glad it is Friday and Court will be home for two days! He brings a calming presence and I am more relaxed and productive when he is here.

Thank you all!!

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

LisaR
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 02 2007 at 5:12pm | IP Logged Quote LisaR

I am married to a high profile low-wage earner .
that can be a tricky combination - I used to try really hard to always make it look like we were the "model" "Catholic Family Life -Family" and also had it all together financially- that everything was fine fine fine and I did not like to talk very "deeply" about my personal stuff.
I strugled with analyzing my every action, word, thought. Would "they" think I was being dramatic if I told them how bad things really were? WOuld "they" think we were a joke and that dh should not have his job leading thousands of others when our boys are so WILD and our house is often chaotic?
and so on.
We all need each other. We all have a desire to feel needed as well. If we "have it all together" then that is when true isolation can occur.
I decided quite some time ago that I had a difficult time enough trying to figure out my own emotions, and that it would be wrong of me to pre judge another and to think they would not want to hear about how I really felt, or that if I showed weakness it would make them uncomfortable.
I am glad the weekend is here for you!
I cannot remember if I mentioned this or not but checking one's progesterone levels before, during each trimester, and after pregnancy against what the "norms" are might be a good place to start- to determine if this really is a seretonin issue- or a hormonal one..
Peace of Christ,

Paul 14
Thomas 11
Dominic 8
Maria Gianna 5
Isaac Vincent 9/21/10! and...
many little saints in heaven!
Back to Top View LisaR's Profile Search for other posts by LisaR

Stephanie_Q
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 02 2007 at 5:28pm | IP Logged Quote Stephanie_Q

still praying...
Back to Top View Stephanie_Q's Profile Search for other posts by Stephanie_Q Visit Stephanie_Q's Homepage

nissag
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 02 2007 at 5:36pm | IP Logged Quote nissag

teachingmyown wrote:
here I am eating Halloween candy while reading your post!

Oh, girl... I'll tell you what. It's just not fair that candy comes at Halloween.

teachingmyown wrote:
Some of my dearest friends have been reading this post and offered to come over and help out. But it is truly a humbling feeling to allow someone else into my messy world!

Boy, I know what you mean. But you know what? We all have mess sometimes. And I bet it's less dramatic than you think. Anyway, even if it looks like a tornado just ripped through your house, it's nothing anybody hasn't seen before.

teachingmyown wrote:
One hard thing for me right now is when friends,some fairly close, most not, ask me how I am. I always feel like the "correct" response is "I'm fine". I don't want to burden anyone or make them uncomfortable.

That's totally a mom thing. I had the same trouble when I was in a wheelie last year. But when you let people help, it blesses them too! And you know you want to help others and wish they'd ask. Now maybe they'll have a beautiful humble example to follow. It really comes to humbling ourselves to ask for help. Remember that He often sends the weakest to lead.

teachingmyown wrote:
Sorry, my thoughts are a little jumbled here.

Not at all jumbled. You were completely lucid. And thank goodness for the gift of our husbands. And for our friends.

Blessings,

At Home With the Gadbois Family

Back to Top View nissag's Profile Search for other posts by nissag Visit nissag's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 4
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version