Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Are you a tablecloth junkie? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
marcie
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 21 2007 at 7:49pm | IP Logged Quote marcie

I love tablecloths too! I have collected many from flea markets and family heirlooms. I also like to make my own using seasonal fabrics and just adding a hem.
I can get a nice tablecloth from 60" wide fabric.
My other weakness is hankies............ and tatting.... and old books.... I could go on and on........

Kristee
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 25 2007 at 2:39am | IP Logged Quote Kristee

I use tablecloths for my grandma's table that I have in our kitchen. The wood is soft, and the varnish? on the table is such that the slightest water on a cloth to clean, or spills turns it white. I use the pad and then a table cloth (plus placemats) for protection and for variety. I have a hard time finding anything other than 60"rounds, and I want to find larger ones, or make some. It is nice to have the table uncovered when not in use, I love that I can see handwriting from long ago pressed into the wood. I can't imagine it being my grandmother's writing, but maybe one of the kids or grandkids.

I want to find some better table cloths and placemats. I have had the problem of the colors bleeding when washing.
Kristee
Back to Top View Kristee's Profile Search for other posts by Kristee

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version