Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: How long after miscarriage Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 16 2007 at 8:12am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Cheryl wrote:
My doctor told me the reason for waiting two months was that my uterine lining might be ?? too thin??? I can't remember exactly what he said. He did say that some women get pregnant right away and they have healthy babies, which some of you have confirmed.

He may be referring to the endometrium layer. If you had a lot of bleeding and sloughing off it needs some time to rebuild. The opposite where it gets too thick when women don't have periods is a problem, too. It's all a balance. Aren't we fearfully and wonderfully made?

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Lillian
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Sept 16 2007 at 12:15pm | IP Logged Quote Lillian

Cheryl,

I miscarried a couple of weeks before you did. My midwife also told me to wait 1-2 cycles so I could have a thicker lining. She said to picture it as a pillow and that I wanted it as fluffiest as possible for the new baby to implant.

I don't know if that's true or not. I don't have any reason to doubt her. But I also wonder if its scientifically sound. Doesn't the lining regenerate itself every month anyways?? Why would this be any different??

Isabelle 9, Anna 7, Sophia 5, Kolbe 4, Catherine 2

Smithflections

Back to Top View Lillian's Profile Search for other posts by Lillian Visit Lillian's Homepage

LisaR
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 16 2007 at 4:16pm | IP Logged Quote LisaR

If I had a D and C, I would wait a few months. D and C can cause Uterine scarring, causing the little life difficulties with implantation.
If not, treat it as a normal "period" if you'd like.
You might have an anovulatory cycle in there anyway, as your body gets beck to "normal" .

and...I apologize for my personal story- I thought I had hit "PM" but apparently not.

but.. if anyone reading has recurrent miscarriages, make sure besides the hormone workup (like Progesterone) your MD checks your blood for Von Willebrand Disease, a genetic bleeding disorder that up to 3% of women carry and might not know it..
one of the issues I deal with...

Paul 14
Thomas 11
Dominic 8
Maria Gianna 5
Isaac Vincent 9/21/10! and...
many little saints in heaven!
Back to Top View LisaR's Profile Search for other posts by LisaR

stacykay
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 17 2007 at 2:11pm | IP Logged Quote stacykay

Hi Cheryl,
I can't add more info, just my experiences. I lost my first baby at 10 weeks, had to have a d&c (they did the first at the office, a "suction" one- I passed out. It didn't work, and had to have the second at the hospital, a "typical" surgical one.) At the time of the miscarriage, the baby had already passed, but the placenta did not want to let go.
I followed the doctor's order to wait three cycles, and it actually took four, when I became pg with my oldest ds.
My second miscarriage was at 6 weeks. It occurred during the most stressful time of my life (my dear mum was dying.) I became pg after one cycle, dealt with many trips back and forth to FL to take care of my mum, and still had a very healthy ds!

My prayers are with you!

God Bless,
Stacy in MI
Back to Top View stacykay's Profile Search for other posts by stacykay

Nina Murphy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 17 2007 at 3:08pm | IP Logged Quote Nina Murphy

I've been told the same thing as you, Cheryl.

*WE* have not waited...but GOD has!

It depends on the woman. God knows us all so individually. For one particular woman, she may NOT be ready physiologically or even psychologically. And the body has a built in protective "sense" of that nutritional depletion. The emotional stress alone post-miscarriage can make your adrenals funked and your hormonal system whack.

But I really think the body *knows* because God knows. I wouldn't *worry* about NEEDING to wait; I would just respond to and love your husband as God reveals each day (and hour) to you, and do not think too much about tomorrow. You will be given the sense at the time if you daily put it in God's hands, yes?

and 2 yet-to-be-met
Back to Top View Nina Murphy's Profile Search for other posts by Nina Murphy

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version