Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Family vacations Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
ann@home
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 11 2007 at 11:25am | IP Logged Quote ann@home

You should be pretty safe going in February as long as you avoid any holiday weekends. We went to DL and Legoland last March just before the spring break time and it was very managable crowds at DL and empty at Legoland. We even got to stay on some rides since there was no line, it was wonderful and the kids had a blast.

Legoland is closed Tues and Wed in off season so plan around that. DL is "slowest" Tues, Wed, Thurs and I would really suggest avoiding the weekend for sure. We went on a Sunday in March and it was terrible.

DL slower times will pretty much match with DW slow times and weekends are always busy.
There's also this Entertainment book you can buy for about $30 that has a Howard Johnson motel coupon so you can get $60 rooms! So for adjoining rms it would be $120 compared to much more for other hotels I bet. Just an FYI
We are staying there this Dec for the $60 rate. We stayed there last March and it was very nice and a 10 min walk to the front gates of DL.
If you stay in Anaheim it's about a 45 min drive to Legoland and a little over an hr to San Diego (depending on traffic)

5athome
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 11 2007 at 12:13pm | IP Logged Quote 5athome

Sorry in advance for such a long post:

Beaches - You should be fine with any beach in San Diego. Seal Cove in La Jolla has a pier you can walk out and see the seals lying in the sun, a "childrens beach" where it is pretty calm. You can walk north along that area and there are some wonderful tidepools.The area of La Jolla is very boutique/pricey and parking is a bear. A beach area in Del Mar has a nice spot on the beach that also has a playground & picnic area. It is right on the train tracks so you can be sure to see a few of the double decker trains whiz by which is fun if you have train buffs. The Torrey Pines beach has nice ocean access and then continues under the highway and has a lagoon area that is extremely popular with families.

Disneyland is much much smaller than Walt Disney World. The California locale has 2 parks -- both relatively small. If you have a park hopper you can go between the two (which are literally across a plaza from one another). We always find it a bit of a let down compared to Florida but it is much friendlier on the legs.

For St Louis - early fall or spring would be best. Summers are hot and humid and can be miserable.

ds '08
Back to Top View 5athome's Profile Search for other posts by 5athome

Kelly
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 11 2007 at 8:18pm | IP Logged Quote Kelly

Just a huge "here here" on Legoland. My dc could live at Legoland!

For St. Louis, if you have wheels, you ought to consider visiting St. Charles, MO, just outside of St. Louis. It is a charming old town, and the point of departure for The Voyage of Discovery of Lewis and Clark. There, also, is located the Shrine of St. Rose Philippine du Chene. Not far from there is also the town of Defiance, MO, and the last home of Daniel Boone. Lewis and Clark purportedly rode over there from camp the first or second night out on the trail to have a little pow-wow with the great explorer. It's a neat house.

Last but not least, if you are IN St. Louis, you must also go see the beautiful Cathedral downtown. Very inspiring.

All your plans sound like SO much fun!

Kelly in FL
Back to Top View Kelly's Profile Search for other posts by Kelly

cfa83
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 13 2007 at 3:04am | IP Logged Quote cfa83

We just got back from visiting one on Lousiana's great Plantation homes. If anyone is close enough, don't forget to put these on your schedule. Each on one of my kids (6) absolutely loved it. They all had a great time. We had a great day today. Our tour guide was awesome. We were the only ones in our group. At one point she was telling us how the slaves would communicate to each other through what was only considered spiritual songs to others while working in the fields for example. She said in fact they were communicating plans of escape as one example. She broke out in some of the spiritual songs they sung. My kids and I were in tears literally. Her voice, the words, the meaning...transcended us. Magnificant.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version