Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: When are you 'up and about' post-partum? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
humanaevitae
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 19 2007 at 11:35pm | IP Logged Quote humanaevitae

My second child is a dd. I was so excited to have a girl and my Mom could only stay 2 days. Sooooo I ended up checking out of the hospital after one day and we hit the mall! After two hours I could barely walk. My back hurt so bad. I also got the flu five days later. DD didn't get it but our toddler did. Dh was in medical school so he wasn't availible. I was also suppose to be packing up for a 3wk visit to my parents for Christmas. It was honestly one of the worst times of my life!

From then on, I take it easier and really listen to my body. If I don't take care of myself, it affects the whole family. As moms our bodies are definately not our own-even after we have the baby.

I don't start going out until nursing is well-established and I've had my emotional meltdown ! (normally day 3-4)

Willa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 20 2007 at 12:04am | IP Logged Quote Willa

I don't think I could face public transit at 2 weeks postpartum, or a public exhibit.   A nature walk or trip to church or lowkey activity at friends' house might be different.    For the exhibit, though, I would be worried about being too distracted and fatigued to watch out for a group of little ones plus newborn in arms.   

I like the old wisdom about coming back out into the world slowly after childbirth.   

Take Up and Read
Back to Top View Willa's Profile Search for other posts by Willa

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version