Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: Prayers needed for anxiety issues Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
cathhomeschool
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Texas Bluebonnets

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 04 2007 at 8:30pm | IP Logged Quote cathhomeschool

Praying to Padre Pio for you and your family, Elizabeth.

domchurch3
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 25 2007 at 5:48pm | IP Logged Quote domchurch3

I don't know if anyone that was praying for me is going to get this message, but I want to Thank everyone who prayed for me during a very difficult time. I want you all to know, that those of you praying that I would start eating again have had their prayers answered. I just found out today that people in this forum were praying for me. For some reason I did not receive them in my emails and due to depression and burn-out, I was staying away from all things concerning homeschooling. A few days after posting my prayer request, I received some healing. When I posted, I was very desperate, my days were dark and in the midst of my depression, I felt they were also numbered. I began to think that if I died in the midst of my depression, I would go straight to hell. (Obviously, this was a false thought, but I did not think so then) I was angry with God about this but also very sad. I wrestled with this thought for several days, when, a few days after posting, I had an epiphany of sorts. The thought occurred to me that I was called to holiness even in the midst of my depression. Maybe I could not serve my family by serving them meals or even homeschooling at this time, BUT, I could still serve them by practicing obedience. I was called to be obedient to the people God put in my life. For weeks, I fought my friends, family and doctors on the medication issue. I came up with all sorts of excuses and reasons. I was scared to death of medication- what if I died, what if it does not work, what if...what if...WHAT IF (the mantra of all those in anxiety's grips) The thought then came to me that even if I died taking the medication I would have died being obedient to His will. That night, I offered up my first dose to the Lord and for the first time in months I slept like a peaceful child. The difference is like night and day. I still have a long way to go...I have years of faulty thinking to undo, but I want to thank every single one of you for praying for me. Thank You Lord Jesus for this valuable lesson you are currently giving me. For too long now I have put my hope in myself and then when I started having miscarriages, I put my hope in food for healing. Thank You Lord for teaching me to put my hope in You. I ask for continued prayers as I begin using the tools my Catholic counselor wants me to use to rid myself of my anxiety disorder. (I highly recommend Dr. Gregory Popcak's Pastoral Solutions)

Peace Only In Christ,

Elizabeth
Back to Top View domchurch3's Profile Search for other posts by domchurch3

PDyer
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 25 2007 at 6:00pm | IP Logged Quote PDyer

domchurch3 wrote:
for the first time in months I slept like a peaceful child. The difference is like night and day. Elizabeth

Thanks be to God! Still praying for you.

Back to Top View PDyer's Profile Search for other posts by PDyer Visit PDyer's Homepage

Leonie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 25 2007 at 6:02pm | IP Logged Quote Leonie

So glad to hear the update - you have been in my prayers...

Lillian
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Sept 26 2007 at 1:29am | IP Logged Quote Lillian

Elizabeth, you have been in my thoughts and prayers. I'll continue to pray for you. Please keep us updated.

Isabelle 9, Anna 7, Sophia 5, Kolbe 4, Catherine 2

Smithflections

Back to Top View Lillian's Profile Search for other posts by Lillian Visit Lillian's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 26 2007 at 8:31am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Elizabeth, I'll continue to pray. I'm so glad you had the gift of peace.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

ladybugs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 26 2007 at 9:31am | IP Logged Quote ladybugs

Praying, here, Elizabeth!

My etsy store - all proceeds go to help my fencing daughters!
Back to Top View ladybugs's Profile Search for other posts by ladybugs Visit ladybugs's Homepage

kingvozzo
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 26 2007 at 9:50am | IP Logged Quote kingvozzo

Elizabeth, I'm so glad to see your update posted. Somehow I missed the original post.
The prayers of this group are many and powerful, and the prayers for you will continue as you struggle to get well.

Back to Top View kingvozzo's Profile Search for other posts by kingvozzo

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version