Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: I want chocolate cake Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Rebecca
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 29 2007 at 8:45am | IP Logged Quote Rebecca

Elizabeth wrote:
And Rebecca is well-qualified to guide you through any necessary toilet repairs. Ask me how I know

I can help with the toilet but you're on your own with bathtubs, just can't figure those out at all.

See Mary Chris? You can lean on us if you need to.

Hang in there, sister.

Love,

Back to Top View Rebecca's Profile Search for other posts by Rebecca

amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 29 2007 at 10:53am | IP Logged Quote amyable

Many Mary Chris!

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: Aug 29 2007 at 2:05pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

I haven't spent time at the forums much lately, mostly checking in on prayer requests and following up on threads I've already posted on. So I was completely unaware of Mary Chris's sad news until today.

BUT, by sheer dumb luck, I was able to help with the chocolate need. Today is my oldest dd's 13th birthday. (Can it be that I am really the mom of a teenager?!) Mary Chris and the kids stopped by to wish her a happy birthday and visit. We were just finishing up brunch of chocolate chip pancakes, so they joined us. (And the pancakes were reeeaaaallly chocolatey! My 11yo dd made the batter and I think she added chocolate chips in a one to one correspondence with the amount of batter! )

Only then did I hear the news. What a blow, even though we knew this was likely coming.   

We'll be there for you, Mary Chris. More meals together will be in order, and help with rides when possible. Help with lawn mowing will have to fall to Elizabeth's boys, since we don't have much to offer in that area here. And don't you dare over volunteer with swim team next year. You deserve a summer off! And you KNOW we are always good for some chocolate to help things along when life gets rough.

Lots of love, and much appreciation for the sacrifice that you all will be making!

KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 29 2007 at 5:11pm | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

Mary Chris, I could just cry for you. I'll keep you in my daily prayers as I know how difficult it can be. But it sounds like you've got a great support network there and that's so important.

I've already consumed quite a bit of chocolate for you today. Know you can lean on us all.

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

Leonie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 29 2007 at 5:12pm | IP Logged Quote Leonie

Hugs and prayers from here, Mary Chris!

Jen L.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 29 2007 at 8:43pm | IP Logged Quote Jen L.

Just seeing this, Mary Chris. You are in my prayers, definitely. I'll have some chocolate as a sign of solidarity for you.

And.. what about if we locals get together at Let's Dish or one of those places before he goes? We could get some meals into your freezer and enjoy each others company.

Love,

Back to Top View Jen L.'s Profile Search for other posts by Jen L.

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 29 2007 at 9:54pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

Well, no chocolate cake here, but I have Whoopers!

Prayers for you. I know how hard it is when dh is gone. I found it especially hard when he volunteered to go. It was important to him to do his part, and I wanted to be supportive. But you know that voice in the back of your head saying "Why do YOU have to go, your my children's father?". Of course, really, I understand and am so proud of these men who so willingly sacrifice so much for others.

God bless, friend. You will get through this.

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 30 2007 at 12:27am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Maryan wrote:
Oh no!!!!!! I went to bed -- I should have been reading this last night -- and eating chocolate with you.

By the way -- I can imagine Mackenzie is getting suspicious by all the chocolate cakes showing up on your doorstep!

ETA - no staying in CA, no matter how enticing offers may sound please...

Maryan, please share Mary Chris.....we really miss her. And, she IS a California girl, you know, so she needs an occasional CA infusion. It has been too long already And, we make a very good chocolate cake here .....and, I have several chocolate teas to choose from, to go with the cake.

Mary Chris, if you come visit me, I will make you any kind of chocolate you want.

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 30 2007 at 7:53am | IP Logged Quote Maryan

Chari wrote:
Maryan, please share Mary Chris.....we really miss her. And, she IS a California girl, you know, so she needs an occasional CA infusion. It has been too long already And, we make a very good chocolate cake here .....and, I have several chocolate teas to choose from, to go with the cake.

Well... since you put it so nicely... I suppose we can share.

Back to Top View Maryan's Profile Search for other posts by Maryan

Mary Chris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 30 2007 at 12:21pm | IP Logged Quote Mary Chris

You all are so wonderful! You have me rolling on the floor laughing one minute and crying over your kind offers the next. I am mainly laughing though!
I know the Holy Spirit is kept busy taking care of me, even in the little things, Irene had chocolate chip pancakes for us when we barged in on her, how perfect was that!

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 30 2007 at 12:52pm | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

Oh Mary Chris. I'll have some chocolate cake on your behalf as well. With lots of whipped cream and raspberry sauce on top.

And I'm offering prayers too.

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

DominaCaeli
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 30 2007 at 1:11pm | IP Logged Quote DominaCaeli

Sending lots of chocolate-covered prayers your way, Mary Chris!

Mommy to six: three boys (8, 4, newborn) and four girls (7, 5, 2, and 1)
Back to Top View DominaCaeli's Profile Search for other posts by DominaCaeli

Erica Sanchez
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 30 2007 at 2:00pm | IP Logged Quote Erica Sanchez

We hope a San Diego trip is planned while dh is away!

I'm sorry, Mary Chris. It's people in situations like yours I try to think of when I'm missing Cash during the week. When does your dh deploy and for how long? I hope the time goes by super fast.

God bless!

Back to Top View Erica Sanchez's Profile Search for other posts by Erica Sanchez

Cheryl
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 30 2007 at 7:32pm | IP Logged Quote Cheryl

I'm behind on my reading here, Mary Chris. I'm sad for you. If it'll make you feel better, I'll have a Klondike bar as soon as my nursing dd falls asleep. And I'll pray for you. Take care.

Back to Top View Cheryl's Profile Search for other posts by Cheryl Visit Cheryl's Homepage

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 30 2007 at 10:06pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

Hey, I want my dh to deploy...so I can get those pancakes...actually, he would love to deploy but the Navy won't send him.

Chocolate...yum...

...loopy me, lack of sleep, two writing deadlines Monday, houseguests arrive in 2 days...!!!

Dh knows I don't want him to deploy, but there's definitely a "do my part" spirit in the military, and it's hard to argue with that.

Mary Chris, I am so thankful you have support from nearby and afar. We all know it's a tough road for you and your children...do let us help with prayer and laughs and lawn mowing and...

...toss that extra chocolate eastward, OK?

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version