Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: If you're buying HP7 how many Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 23 2007 at 5:36am | IP Logged Quote Dawn

Ours arrived on Saturday around 3 p.m. Normally I would have been going nuts waiting, but I was so busy before it came it was good timing. I read until I couldn't stay up any longer and then read again after Mass on Sunday until about 1 p.m.

I realized I was reading so fast, I was skimming at points, just to get to the end! I was so desperate to know how it ended! And I wanted to learn it on my own, not read it or hear it somewhere else.

Now that I have finished it once, I am going back and re-reading it slowly. I am finding whole sentences I completely missed!

I don't want to give anything away, I just wanted to say I enjoyed it very much. I wish it would never end, but I loved the way she tied everything in and explained things.

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: July 23 2007 at 3:53pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

I've been away, but Mary Chris gave me a heads up about this thread when I saw her at swim practice this morning.

I was at the Borders midnight party with my 4 older girls on Friday night. We came home with one copy, and my older two girls and I have been sharing it with color coded stickies for our bookmarks. We went away for the weekend and only had a bit of time here and there to read thus far.

But I had mentioned to dh last week that I was tempted to buy a second copy. On Saturday, he asked me if I was still thinking about it, but I said the sharing seemed to be working out OK. He hinted that he wouldn't mind if I bought a copy so he could take it to read on the Metro during his commute. Well, how could I resist? So I stopped by Costco today for our second copy.

I am on chapter 9 and thoroughly enjoying it!

Karen E.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 23 2007 at 8:27pm | IP Logged Quote Karen E.

teachingmom wrote:

But I had mentioned to dh last week that I was tempted to buy a second copy.

This is the first time we've gotten two copies. When we got home from the book release party (out of town, at a friend's house) our friend (the kids' godfather) read the book aloud until about 1:30 a.m. Tom took over and read for awhile, then I read until 3:00 a.m.

Then, when we headed home, my girls got the two copies to themselves. I dug in Saturday night, but then I had to wait until late yesterday afternoon to get my hands on one again. I finished it this morning.

I loved it!

Visit my blog, with its shockingly clever title, "Karen Edmisten."
Back to Top View Karen E.'s Profile Search for other posts by Karen E. Visit Karen E.'s Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version