Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: Co-Sleepers Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
happymama
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 06 2007 at 6:10pm | IP Logged Quote happymama

definitely, it got easier. maybe there's a reflux thread? I should check, because that's one area i've definitely "been there, done that."

Back to Top View happymama's Profile Search for other posts by happymama

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 03 2007 at 5:22pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

I'm still waffling -- no option yet for the new baby. I really want both Amby and Co-Sleeper.

I'm wondering those with a co-sleeper, do you also have a night stand next to your bed? Are you using the original size Arms Reach?

If you had a c-section, and use a nighttable, how did that work for you?

Have you used the co-sleeper as a playyard or portable bed later on? Or is it hard to assemble and not so portable?

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Bookswithtea
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 03 2007 at 5:51pm | IP Logged Quote Bookswithtea

JennGM wrote:
I'm still waffling -- no option yet for the new baby. I really want both Amby and Co-Sleeper.

I'm wondering those with a co-sleeper, do you also have a night stand next to your bed? Are you using the original size Arms Reach?

Have you used the co-sleeper as a playyard or portable bed later on? Or is it hard to assemble and not so portable?

I have an original Arm's Reach. You could probably squeeze in a small nightstand, but for me, it pushes the cosleeper so much further down to the end of the bed that it makes it even harder to get up in the middle of the night, so I just live without.

I use my co sleeper with a baby not yet sitting up...then I stop using it for awhile because they aren't safe when the baby is sitting up. I have a portable crib with higher sides that we use until the child is old enough to not fall out of the co sleeper. Then I use it *again* from 2ish years old until the child is ready to move into their own bedroom. At this point, I usually need the portacrib for a new baby.

My co sleeper is *old* but I am partial to it. It has served us well. Its not hard to set up at all.

Never had a c section so can't speak on that...

~Books

mothering ds'93 dd'97 dd'99 dd'02 ds'05 ds'07 and due 9/10
Back to Top View Bookswithtea's Profile Search for other posts by Bookswithtea

KerryK
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 03 2007 at 7:47pm | IP Logged Quote KerryK

I have a small night table, and I did have a c section. It pushed the co-sleeper down, but just a bit. I needed it, so I dealt with the inconvenience. I have the original arm's reach. This is the second baby I've used it with, and I feel I've really gotten my money's worth. It is very easy to set up - same as any other pack and play.

Mary (6)
New baby Samuel 2/26/07!
and 9 angels in heaven

The Eyes of My Heart
Back to Top View KerryK's Profile Search for other posts by KerryK Visit KerryK's Homepage

mellyrose
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 04 2007 at 10:18pm | IP Logged Quote mellyrose

[QUOTE=JennGM]

[/QUOTE

I had a c-section and use a nightstand. I have a wooden co-sleeper, and having a nightstand definitely moved the co-sleeper farther down, but I needed the side lamp and a place for my drink, book, remote, etc. It easily takes up 2/3 of the bed, but it's been 6 months now and I easily adjusted to crawling and skooching into place.

Pictures of our Life
Back to Top View mellyrose's Profile Search for other posts by mellyrose

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 05 2007 at 4:59pm | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

JennGM wrote:

Jenn - I love the cosleeper. Easy (for dh)to set up. I had a problem with a nightstand - if I used mine the cosleeper was too far down the bed. I took dd's floor lamp with the switch in the wire so I could put it on and off easily. I hung a tote bag on my bedpost for all my books and bottle of water. I also use the cosleeper itself - I keep my glasses, box of tissues and often book at the bottom of it. Re the c section - you do have to scoot to get out of bed. I am not sure how painful it would be for a c-section - maybe for the first couple of weeks. When MJ was tiny I kept diapering supplies in the cosleeper and changed him there - but now he is bigger and also sleeps through.

I got most of my "new" baby stuff through Craigs List - I was blessed with good luck - you know how fussy I am with pets, smoke, allergies, cleanliness etc. Maybe that way you could get both!

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

Bookswithtea
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 05 2007 at 6:09pm | IP Logged Quote Bookswithtea

Hey Marilyn...great ideas! I'm going to hang a tote bag and get a floor lamp before the baby comes. I really dislike not having a place to keep my stuff, but the way my bedroom layout is, I just can't put the crib further down to the end of the bed.

Thanks!

~Books

mothering ds'93 dd'97 dd'99 dd'02 ds'05 ds'07 and due 9/10
Back to Top View Bookswithtea's Profile Search for other posts by Bookswithtea

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: Nov 05 2007 at 11:10pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

I loved my full-size cosleeper, Jenn. I used it until dd started pulling up to standing in it at around 10 months. (Just too dangerous!) We moved dd into the large crib in her 4yo sister's room at that point. She still spends some of each night in my bed nursing each night, however.

I must admit that I found it to be way too cumbersome to pack it up for a trip. Yes, it does fold up much like a regular pack and play. But the fabric cover and hanging apparatus makes it much less convenient than a pack and play. When we traveled, we just brought a folding bedside rail with us and baby slept in bed with me the entire night.

I couldn't use my normal night stand with the cosleeper either. I ended up buying an inexpensive small bookshelf from Target to used in place of one. The bookshelf was only 8 or 10 inches deep, so it didn't cause the cosleeper to be positioned too far down the bed. I kept the phone, lamp, books, alarm clock, and water on the bookshelf and stored baby things on the shelves. It worked great for me. And we can always use extra bookshelves, right?

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version