Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: More prayers needed for my daughter Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
cathhomeschool
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Texas Bluebonnets

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 12 2005 at 4:50pm | IP Logged Quote cathhomeschool

Continued prayers here...

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 13 2005 at 3:41am | IP Logged Quote Chari

momwise wrote:
Chari,
I've been dealing with those toothaches for some time now. They're such a PAIN ! Don't forget to pray to St. Appalonia. Tomorrow I'll have one permanent crown set in(hopefully)! We'll add the whole CCM camping gang to our Rosary prayers and especially pray for your family to receive all the rest and relaxation you all need.

Thank you, Gwen! Saint Appolonia is a dear friend of THIS family!!!   

I hope YOUR mouth is feeling better today! I had a lot of painless moments today........because I actually took something for pain................unusual for me....but I had a lot to accomplish!

And thank you for camping prayers............we will keep this list in our prayers, too.

here's to rest and relaxation, on our TRIP   

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 13 2005 at 3:46am | IP Logged Quote Chari

jenngm67 wrote:
I'll be offering up some things for Anne, and prayers. Have they ruled out Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lyme Disease, lupus? I'm just throwing out things...I'm no doctor! It just sounds awful for a young girl to be going through!

God bless!

Thanks for your thoughts, Jenn!

I looked up Lyme's.......and there does not seem to be any resemblance..........they are pretty sure there is no RA.....as it does not seem to affect any joints. But the lupus and fibromyalgia are not out of the question yet.

we are discerning between our chiropractor friend, a certain homeopathic MD, and my dh wants to send her to the fasting center that seemed to help me get healed from a similar problem when I was first married.

There is an EMG scheduled for the 26th........and the neurologist could not get her in til the 13th of Sept.........but our family doc says that is too long.........and will try this week to get an appt sooner

so......that is where we are..........

with bills racking up, of course.......

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 13 2005 at 4:00am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Erica Sanchez wrote:
Hi Chari,

Praying for you, Anne, Betsy and the success of the camping trip! Wish we could join you....putting the dates for next year's trip on the calendar now.....

Thank you, Erica! And, Janette & Moira, too! That is one of my favorites names!

I keep saying I wish you could be here! You would SO fit it in!! DO put it on the calendar.........and let nothing get in the way of coming up! I think we have pretty much decided to come your way in October.....and it is all because of your visit! Maddelyn is SO bummed not to have Emily camping.....she keeps saying so!

til later........grateful for all prayers..........esp because it is 2 o'clock in the morning........and I am going to be bummed when I am tired........have to set up camp...........and in 100* weather   

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 20 2005 at 12:42am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Hello, all.......we are back home now. I could TRULY feel your prayers at the campout, as my cold stayed mild, and tried turning into a mild case of bronchitis....my toothache threatened, but never evolved into anything bad.....thank you

anyway...........back to Anne......we are still needing prayers.........she felt miserable at most of the campout.....two of the days she asked if we could find a wheelchair for her

and on the last day.......she asked me to DRIVE her to the bathroom

she feels pain all of the time....."like dragging along a lifeless body" she told my doctor today

I talked to our doctor, who called the neurologist today to speed up the appt process........only to find out that our too faraway Sept appt will prob be cancelled because the doctor is moving away   

so, tomorrow he will have to call another neurologist......his second choice....please pray David (our doctor) REMEMBERS to call the neurologist.....and that they can get her in by the end of next week   

her EMG is next Tuesday

we have three alternatives to look at a homeopathic MD.....the fasting center..(cough, cough, choke, choke....$115 per day......ugh!!).....and the chiroprator who wants her for a month.....do we do all? one? which one?

Thanks!

PS, Erica........Anne is really bummed she missed meeting you!   

Victoria in AZ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 20 2005 at 12:50am | IP Logged Quote Victoria in AZ

Chari wrote:
she feels pain all of the time....."like dragging along a lifeless body" she told my doctor today

Oh, I hate to hear this. I'm so sorry. Praying for St. Jude's intercession. Sts. Cosmas and Damien guide you to the best medical care.

Much love! and

Back to Top View Victoria in AZ's Profile Search for other posts by Victoria in AZ

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 20 2005 at 1:09am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Oh that reminds me.......our Lebanese friends said to pray to Saint Rifka!

On June 10, 2001 at 11:30 Beirut time, Pope John Paul II canonized Saint Rafka making her Lebanon's first woman saint.

http://www.cedarland.org/rafka.html

her life: http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Parliament/2587/saints. html#rafqa

Thank you, Victoria!!

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 20 2005 at 10:02am | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

Chari,
It upsets me to read this about Anne. This has gone on too too long! I'll pray that you find answers and solutions quickly.

Of course, God's time isn't our time.   
~ Cay ~

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

Erica Sanchez
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 20 2005 at 11:00am | IP Logged Quote Erica Sanchez

Lots of prayers being offered up here.......

Back to Top View Erica Sanchez's Profile Search for other posts by Erica Sanchez

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: July 20 2005 at 12:05pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

still more prayers here...

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

Leonie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 21 2005 at 12:28am | IP Logged Quote Leonie

Chari,

I keep thinking of Anne and say my prayer to St Anthony for her every morning.

Leonie in Sydney
Back to Top View Leonie's Profile Search for other posts by Leonie

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 21 2005 at 12:53am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Thank you for your prayers!

The phone seemed to ring off of the hook today from doctors.........kind of weird.....must have been your prayers   

Anyway, short story is........we ended up with an appointment of our doctor's choice........on August 4th! Only two weeks away! Our doctor kept saying it was a miracle we are getting in so soon.....especially since he had called the day before and they said the doctor was moving out of town and they would be calling to CANCEL our Sept 13th appt! And, when he called his 2nd choice doctor......he could not get any commitments from that doctor.....not knowing at about the same time.......the other doctor was calling us for an earlier appt!

He said the word MIRACLE twice,........and then it clicked in my mind.....oh, yeah, " ask for CCM/Real Learning" prayers.......... EXPECT MIRACLES"

and, I guess according to our doctor........we got 'em!   

Thanks.........

and now, the scary part........we have the appts.....but do I really want to hear what they have to say???

I guess the demon known is better than the demon unknown........I guess.

So........remember she has that appt on the 26th?? well......I just remembered that is Saint Anne's Feast day........so, if you could help me BEG of Saint Anne for a cure for Anne as a gift for her feast day......I would appreciate it!

And, Thanks, Leonie.....for the prayers to Anne's favorite saint......I KNOW she appreciates them.......you were mentioned for all of our camping rosaries.

Thanks, everybody!!

momwise
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 21 2005 at 8:11am | IP Logged Quote momwise

Chari wrote:
we ended up with an appointment of our doctor's choice........on August 4th! Only two weeks away! Our doctor kept saying it was a miracle we are getting in so soon.....!

What a relief. It still seems kind of a long time for such worrisome symptoms. But God has control and has a reason for everything. I'm sure St. Anne has *big* prayers planned for her feast!

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 21 2005 at 8:41am | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

jenngm67 wrote:
Have they ruled out Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lyme Disease, lupus?

Chari,
I was at the driver's bureau yesterday looking through a People magazine while waiting for dd to take her driver's test for her permit .

Paula Abdul suffers from chronic pain with Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. THere are similarities to what you've described Anne having, so I thought of her immediately and wanted to mention it to you. Has Anne ever had an injury? Seems that's what causes this disorder.

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

cathhomeschool
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Texas Bluebonnets

Posted: July 21 2005 at 11:19am | IP Logged Quote cathhomeschool

Chari wrote:
so, if you could help me BEG of Saint Anne for a cure for Anne as a gift for her feast day......I would appreciate it!

We'll do, Chari! I'm so sorry poor Anne is going through this...

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 21 2005 at 11:23am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Chari wrote:
So........remember she has that appt on the 26th?? well......I just remembered that is Saint Anne's Feast day........so, if you could help me BEG of Saint Anne for a cure for Anne as a gift for her feast day......I would appreciate it!

She's my patron saint (middle name), too, so I'll really ask our patron to help!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 21 2005 at 1:33pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

You all are so sweet........

with tears of gratitude........

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 21 2005 at 2:44pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Hey Chari,

Digging through some prayer cards, came up with this prayer I thought appropriate for Anne:

Prayer to St Anne on Behalf of a Sick Person

O Good St. Anne, so justly called the mother of the infirm, the cure of those who suffer from disease, look kindly upon the sick person for whom I pray; alleviate his (her) sufferings, cause him (her) to sanctify them by patience and by complete submission to divine will; finally deign to obtain health for him (her) and with it the firm resolution to honor Jesus, Mary, and thyself by the faithful performance of his (her) duties.

But merciful St. Anne, I ask thee, above all, salvation of the soul, rather than bodily health, for I am convinced that this fleeting life is given us solely to assure us a better one. Now, we cannot obtain that better life without the help of God's graces. I earnestly beg them of thee for him (her) and for myself, through the merits of Our Lord Jesus Christ, through the intercession of His Immaculate Mother and through they efficacious and powerful mediation, O glorious St. Anne. Amen.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 26 2005 at 10:46am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Thanks for the prayers.......and the great prayer to Saint Anne, Jenn........it is lovely....and very appropriate.

Today we have that appt with the physiatrist for the EMG and nerve conduction studies. I am a bit nervous for them to actually find something out........not sure I have the strength to hear it

please pray for Anne to do well with these tests........they are not usually very comfortable

also.........I have a personal request for prayers for ME....not related to this......but I could use some prayers.......thanks for being there.......you are all awesome.   

love,

jdostalik
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 26 2005 at 2:38pm | IP Logged Quote jdostalik

Praying for Anne to do well with the tests and for the results to be clear...And holding you in prayer, too, Chari,

Let the Little Ones Come

Back to Top View jdostalik's Profile Search for other posts by jdostalik Visit jdostalik's Homepage

<< Prev Page of 5 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version