Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Nurturing the Years of Wonder
 4Real Forums : Nurturing the Years of Wonder
Subject Topic: What have you made...what are you making? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
earthmaven
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 17 2007 at 9:10pm | IP Logged Quote earthmaven

That made for delightful reading right after dinner...
Back to Top View earthmaven's Profile Search for other posts by earthmaven

montessori_lori
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 17 2007 at 9:22pm | IP Logged Quote montessori_lori

Thank you so much, Theresa! I'm happy to report that for the phrase "parts platyhelminthes montessori", the 4Real Learning board is on page one of the Google results! Woohoo!
Back to Top View montessori_lori's Profile Search for other posts by montessori_lori

ALmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 17 2007 at 9:23pm | IP Logged Quote ALmom

Theresa:

Your taxonomy cards sound absolutely wonderful. Have you ever considered selling them? I'd be in line - even if I had to do a lot of cutting and pasting as long as someone walked me through what to put where. An idiot proof guide to the making of taxonomy cards. Where do you get pictures and how do you know what to label and where it is when you know what to label.

Once I had a basic set, there might be hope that we could add to it --- but. I am looking for things like this for my 10 yo but I haven't a clue about science so I started reading - and well was lost pretty early on. I wouldn't begin to know how to make something like this - but gosh it would be helpful.

I think I would purchase all the science things you've come up with if you ever decided to go into business.

Janet
Back to Top View ALmom's Profile Search for other posts by ALmom

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 17 2007 at 9:42pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

montessori_lori wrote:
Thank you so much, Theresa! I'm happy to report that for the phrase "parts platyhelminthes montessori", the 4Real Learning board is on page one of the Google results! Woohoo!

You mean there was more than one page?

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 17 2007 at 9:57pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Oh this is just too much!!I love it!! Bravo ladies!

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 17 2007 at 9:59pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

Janet, you are too kind.
The cards are a part of a large biology project I am putting together for my ds. I am basically going through all life forms taxonomically and making cards for everything. Sounds a lot like what Lori is doing with her parts cards. I am sharing my files in a yahoo group and anyone is welcome to join and access the files if you like.
It isn't done yet, but in addition to the cards I also have for each group I've done so far, an activity and a news article. I need to get back to work on this project as I have kind of stopped working on it mid-stream, so to speak.
I posted on my blog about it hereandhere and that should give you an idea of what it is like if you are interested.

Anyway, here is the link to the group if you would like to see the files:
lapazfarmbioproject

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 17 2007 at 10:08pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

Oh, and if you join, be sure to go to the "Files" section to access the files and the "links" section for links to great stuff for each taxon.

ambermelody
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: July 17 2007 at 10:40pm | IP Logged Quote ambermelody

WoW! Teresa - you really are on a roll here!

Big congratulations!

& many thanks for your generousity. I downloaded your lifecycle work last night & joined your group just now - Even though Hux is only 3! LOL. No, I thought we can just brush over the very basics of your work - which had me on Wikipedia by the way!

Must get back to school :) Amber
Back to Top View ambermelody's Profile Search for other posts by ambermelody

ambermelody
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: July 18 2007 at 4:07am | IP Logged Quote ambermelody

Oh, I just forgot to say that as soon as I find my feet & am making good things myself I will be sharing them with anyone who is interested!

Amber. x
Back to Top View ambermelody's Profile Search for other posts by ambermelody

earthmaven
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 18 2007 at 8:35am | IP Logged Quote earthmaven

Wow, Theresa, those files are incredible...thank you so much! And I LOVE your blog...what an inspiration!

Tracy

Land O' Cotton
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 18 2007 at 8:37am | IP Logged Quote Land O' Cotton

I'm making the sandpaper cursive letters this morning with glitter glue. I have the materials and may attempt the insets as per catholicmommy's post of her success. I'd like to gather materials for the test tube division also (though it will be awhile before we need that!).

It's kind of funny, but my kids in college keep coming by the table to see what's in process. They love picking things up and playing with them! I guess you never outgrow this attraction to the Montessori materials!

CatholicMommy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 18 2007 at 8:50am | IP Logged Quote CatholicMommy

Land O' Cotton wrote:
I guess you never outgrow this attraction to the Montessori materials!

I entirely agree! I like doing presentations for the simple opportunity of using the materials myself!
Back to Top View CatholicMommy's Profile Search for other posts by CatholicMommy Visit CatholicMommy's Homepage

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 18 2007 at 10:49am | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Are you kidding, when else would a homeschooling mom get to play

Theresa, your talent and generosity never cease to amaze me, you are such a gift and a treasure to us ALL!!

Blessings!

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

ALmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 18 2007 at 12:04pm | IP Logged Quote ALmom

Theresa:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've been doing happy dances over here after hogging the computer last night to download. That is all just awesome and should keep us busy for a long, long time. I don't know how to copy links into my favorites - but I will be getting dh to do that for me after next week - at the same time that he plans to put in the color cartridge and start printing away. Wow! Theresa, I really feel like I owe you something for all that work you put into this and for sharing with us. At least will offer prayers for your intentions in thanksgiving.

Janet
Back to Top View ALmom's Profile Search for other posts by ALmom

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 18 2007 at 2:05pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

ALmom wrote:
Theresa:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've been doing happy dances over here after hogging the computer last night to download. That is all just awesome and should keep us busy for a long, long time. I don't know how to copy links into my favorites - but I will be getting dh to do that for me after next week - at the same time that he plans to put in the color cartridge and start printing away. Wow! Theresa, I really feel like I owe you something for all that work you put into this and for sharing with us. At least will offer prayers for your intentions in thanksgiving.

Janet

Your prayers are the best form of thanks! And you owe me nothing.
Honestly, since I am making these for my children anyways, it does not cost me anything to share them. I am just glad to see that my efforts will benefit other children as well as my own!
Now I am inspired to get to work on that project some more!

earthmaven
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 18 2007 at 2:14pm | IP Logged Quote earthmaven

Seriously, Theresa, these are just marvelous. My husband and I were both so excited when we saw them. And for me (the humanities major of the family), it's like an exciting opportunity for an educational "do-over".

It's adventures like these that are making homeschooling as captivating for me as for the children!

Tracy

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 19 2007 at 6:00pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

AndreaG wrote:
Meredith- How exciting! I can't wait to hear how you use your boxes! They are great little things, rather like toob animals, pom poms and clothespins

I'm thrilled to be able to finally put these together!! I will be using them for the Pink, Blue, and Green Kits I ordered 100, so I should have plenty to use for the 1-10 Number boxes as well Thank you again Andrea and everyone for all your great ideas here!!
Blessings!

CathinCoffeland
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 19 2007 at 6:41pm | IP Logged Quote CathinCoffeland

Here is our not pretty but successful "sandpaper" globe
http://craftyincoffeeland.blogspot.com/2007/07/hes-got-whole -world.html

Maggie
Back to Top View CathinCoffeland's Profile Search for other posts by CathinCoffeland Visit CathinCoffeland's Homepage

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 19 2007 at 6:51pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Maggie, it's positively ADORABLE!!! Thanks for posting a link to it here

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 23 2007 at 4:37pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Ok here is my latest round of Montessori Make Your Own! It isn't earth shattering, but was easy, cheap and fun!! Enjoy!

Blessings!

<< Prev Page of 4 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version