Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Nurturing the Years of Wonder
 4Real Forums : Nurturing the Years of Wonder
Subject Topic: Boxes are arriving!!! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
AndreaG
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 13 2007 at 9:02am | IP Logged Quote AndreaG

Kristin, I ordered the color resemblence task from Alison's and was very pleased- all the colors seem correct. I can't believe you had problems twice! I would definitely call Alison's and let them know, and hopefully they will live up to their good customer service reputation and replace your item! Honestly, it seems like there have been an unusually high number of issues with people's orders- I am not sure why. I have ordered from Alison's and Montessori Concepts 3 or 4 times and never had any problems.

Back to Top View AndreaG's Profile Search for other posts by AndreaG

earthmaven
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 13 2007 at 10:01am | IP Logged Quote earthmaven

[QUOTE=saintanneshs] I just rec'd my (very small ) order from Alison's. Everythings looks absolutely lovely!! (but)... the wooden number cards are really mothball-y.

I had the same problem with an overwhelming moth-ball smell from our wooden numbers. Thankfully, after about a week airing out, the smell is completely gone.

Tracy
Back to Top View earthmaven's Profile Search for other posts by earthmaven

Kristin
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 14 2007 at 9:28am | IP Logged Quote Kristin

Quick update on my order from Alison's. They apologized for not including two of the items from my original order and will send them out asap. Looks like I got a freebie out of it: the landform cards they sent me I get to keep! I thought about sending them back but then decided that it didn't make sense to spend our money fixing their mistake!

Oh, and they are also going to send out replacement pegs and board for the mismatched ones in my color resemblance task! HOORAH!

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 14 2007 at 10:26am | IP Logged Quote Meredith

That is wonderful Kristin!! I'm so glad they are being so accomodating for all of us, they really do believe in home education and making sure we are all satisfied, it's a big deal for them!!

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

Kristin
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 14 2007 at 5:25pm | IP Logged Quote Kristin

I've really enjoyed working with Alison's. The that they homeschool their own children --- using their materials --- is pretty neat! They really do seem to be committed to offering higher quality materials for those of us shopping within the lower price range.

BlessedMommy
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: May 05 2008 at 3:58pm | IP Logged Quote BlessedMommy

I know I'm late in the game here but I'm getting VERY excited about my CD-Rom from Montessori For Everyoneand my order from Alison's!

Back to Top View BlessedMommy's Profile Search for other posts by BlessedMommy Visit BlessedMommy's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: May 05 2008 at 5:55pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

BlessedMommy wrote:
I know I'm late in the game here but I'm getting VERY excited about my CD-Rom from Montessori For Everyoneand my order from Alison's!

How fun and exciting for you!!!! That CD Rom will be fun - hope you have loads of ink cartridges and laminate!    It will be a fun summer for you preparing!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Genevieve
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 05 2008 at 5:57pm | IP Logged Quote Genevieve

I just posted a post on ink refills and laminator pouches on my .blog Happy printing!

BlessedMommy
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: May 06 2008 at 12:14am | IP Logged Quote BlessedMommy

Mackfam wrote:
It will be a fun summer for you preparing!

Oh I know, I can't wait! And thanks to Genevieve it'll be a lot cheaper!!!

Thanks for the ink and laminating links. I'm sure these will be very helpful to the ladies here.

Back to Top View BlessedMommy's Profile Search for other posts by BlessedMommy Visit BlessedMommy's Homepage

hopalenik
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 06 2008 at 8:28pm | IP Logged Quote hopalenik

I am glad that you got your boxes....I am still waiting for mine. Adena montessori lost my check and then they finally got it and cashed things right before our Make A Wish trip to Disney, so I had them hold the shipment. When I returned and called them to ship, they had lost the order out of their system, so now I figure it will be another 2 weeks before I get that order. The same thing happened to the MOntessori Outlet order with my maps. They finally got their backorder in 2 days before our trip, so I had them hold that order too and they still have not yet shipped it. I have been very frustrated with both companies because I can't get anyone on the phone who speaks English well . My geometric cabinet showed up right before we left, but I am still waiting on the sandpaper letters and the maps. I decided to skip the Montessori math toys and stick with the base ten blocks, and the Cuisenaire rods. I figure I spent enough of my husbands money already....

I had the best luck with IFIT from EBay. They shipped immediately and responded promptly to all of my email requests with legible English.

BlessedMommy
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: May 07 2008 at 1:21am | IP Logged Quote BlessedMommy

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that Holly.

I'm not crazy about Adena bcz I made an order of just 2 items and only sent one. I finally got a hold of them and they sent me my 2nd item but I thought it was kinda odd, how could you forget to send something when there is so little. On top of that it's almost impossible to reach them by phone, PLUS no voicemail....I'm rambling, sorry!

I never ordered from MO but I have gotten great service from Alison's and Kid Advance.

I pray everything works out for you with your orders and when your boxes come HAVE FUN!

hopalenik
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 07 2008 at 12:00pm | IP Logged Quote hopalenik

hopalenik
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 12 2008 at 9:47pm | IP Logged Quote hopalenik

I finally received my order from Adena which is late for many reasons-not all of them are Adena's fault. It is beautiful stuff but I wanted to let you know, I have to wonder if Adena and KidAdvance don't manufacture at the same place, because several of the boxes had Kid Advance labels underneath the Adena label...just thought I would let you know.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version