Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Nurturing the Years of Wonder
 4Real Forums : Nurturing the Years of Wonder
Subject Topic: Boxes are arriving!!! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 05 2007 at 6:23pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

I'm so excited! Boxes have started coming in today! Everything looks beautiful! All of my concerns about quality were for naught!
Just beautiful!
I have another box from Alison's scheduled for tomorrow, and my back orders from Montessori Outlet will not be here until late July. I am not sure yet about the order from Montessori and such.
The stuff that came from MO is absolutely gorgeous. The golden beads are beautiful and JBug got SO excited when she saw them she said "Beads! Beads!I want to count them all!!!" LOL!
The puzzle maps from Alisons are fantastic-all wood, btw. The puzzle cabinet has not come yet, must be in the next box.

Just wanted to share my joy and let you know about the excellent quality from both companies.

Now, off to figure out where to put it all!!

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 05 2007 at 6:37pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

So, you ordered from Alison's and Montessori Outlet. Any others?

Did you get your knobbed and knobless cylinders yet? If yes, from whom?

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 05 2007 at 6:41pm | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

I would so love to be at your house while you unpack- to see all the wonderful things and share your excitement. How much fun!

I have been looking at Alison's and MO as well. But what is the deal with the pricing at MO? There are two prices for everything- were you able to get the extra-discount price?

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 05 2007 at 6:55pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

MO has their end of the year sale....25% off until 6/30/07. That is the "price with discount" that you see.

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 05 2007 at 7:10pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

I ordered the knobbed and knobless cylinders from MO but they are on back order and wont be shipping until July. Also the geometric cabinet and the metal insets are on back order.(this means I wont see any of that until I get back from Alaska in August. Wah!)
So, I ordered from MO, Alisons, and Montessori and Such. I have not gotten anything from Montessori and Such yet, but I did place my order from them a few days later.
I did get the 25% discount from MO.

Happily unpacking...

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: June 05 2007 at 7:44pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

How exciting Theresa! I can't wait til mine arrive!! I'm watching for the big brown truck!!!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 05 2007 at 7:48pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Oh my gosh, put up a video cam so we can all relish in your excitement

I'm so glad to hear about the quality, I think I'll be getting my Golden Bead Material from Montessori Concepts, is that where you got yours?? How fun!! What a GREAT night for you all!

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

Donna Marie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 05 2007 at 8:04pm | IP Logged Quote Donna Marie

I am so happy for all of you!!

I really want to take a mommy moment and visit a Montessori school...I would love to TOUCH! oooh to have the unlimited budget but, this would be the next best thing...especially for ideas! BTW...I did visit an atrium for 3-6 and 6-9 and had a lovely chat with the nun that ran it....what a GREAT experience!!

I am sure you will have a BALL watching the kiddoes learn Theresa!...doesn't it make you want to be a Montessori child right alongside them?

God love you!
Donna Marie from NJ
hs momma to 7dc

Finding Elegant Simplicity
Back to Top View Donna Marie's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Marie Visit Donna Marie's Homepage

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 05 2007 at 8:07pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

Yes! And I consider it my solemn duty as directress to play with it all (oops! I mean work with it all!) first!

Donna Marie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 05 2007 at 8:14pm | IP Logged Quote Donna Marie

lapazfarm wrote:
Yes! And I consider it my solemn duty as directress to play with it all (oops! I mean work with it all!) first!

LOL! You are in good company here, too ...yes a most important work we must do!

God love you!
Donna Marie from NJ
hs momma to 7dc

Finding Elegant Simplicity
Back to Top View Donna Marie's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Marie Visit Donna Marie's Homepage

Kristin
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 05 2007 at 8:42pm | IP Logged Quote Kristin

That is so exciting, Theresa!!!    In my experience, Montessori-n-Such takes just a little longer to ship but it should be there soon! Have fun finding just the right place for everything!

Meredith, I love Montessori Concepts --- the gentleman who runs it is such a great guy! He has been very honest about the quality of the materials whenever I've needed to know. Highly recommend. I would love to hear if you're happy with the golden beads, if you do order from them. I am still trying to decide if we will make our own or purchase. Hmmm ...

chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 05 2007 at 9:03pm | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

Theresa how wonderful for you! You sound like a child on x-mas morning, I am very happy for you.
Back to Top View chicken lady's Profile Search for other posts by chicken lady Visit chicken lady's Homepage

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 05 2007 at 11:09pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

About the golden beads--I got mine from Montessori Outlet, not Montessori Concepts. I was not able to order anything from MC because they didn't take the type of credit card I had to use.

Busily rearranging furniture...

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 06 2007 at 10:22am | IP Logged Quote Meredith

OK, I'm glad you mention this as I could never get my order to go past their registration, it was VERY frustrating

I'll shoot for Montessori Outlet or Alison's for my Beads.

Thanks Theresa, happy playing, I mean *working*

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 06 2007 at 10:37am | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

Got my box from Montessori and Such just this morning!
Again, everything is wonderful!
The continent book series to go in my continent boxes (perfect!), the dolls of Europe with their little native costumes (cute!), the 50 coins from 50 countries (ds is fascinated already!), and the bells!
The bells have some pros and cons. First off, they are metal bells but the base and working parts are plastic, which concerns me for durability. But the sound is very pleasant and dd loves them already so I can't complain.

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 06 2007 at 12:27pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Theresa, is this the Continent books that you mention above, they look very good!

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 06 2007 at 1:05pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

Yes, though I got them in the set of seven. They have nice pictures and simple text. They'll be a perfect read-aloud for dd, with just enough info to be interesting, but not overwhelming.
Here is a sample of the text, just in case you are curious, from the Africa book in the plants section:

"Thousands of plants and trees grow in the rain forests. Some plants are very beautiful. Some are used to make medicine. People use the strong, hard wood from mahogany and ebony trees to make furniture and carvings.
Papyrus reeds grow along the banks (sides) of the Nile River in Egypt. Palm trees grow in many parts of Africa. Some palms grow dates and some grow coconuts. Sometimes people use palm tree leaves to make roofs for their houses."
Hope that helps some!

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: June 12 2007 at 5:18pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

My big box from Kid Advance just arrived. I have to say I'm very pleased with the quality! The materials are beautiful, and my 6yo ds (obsessed with patterning and sorting) thought he'd died and gone to heaven. I didn't let him do too much. He helped unwrap (lots of paper packing materials) and he was so pleased to put the numbers, or color cards, or whatever it happened to be back in order as he put them away in the pretty wooden box. The items do have a natural draw!

I do have one sad thing to report. The knobbed cylinders, while beautiful, do have a few problems. Some are slightly tight, some very tight. I think this can be remedied with some very, very fine sandpaper as the tops are varnished, but the sides are not. It's nothing that can't be fixed. And I'm not complaining because I had to order the cheapest set I could find!! Just thought some of you might want to know!

All in all, the whole lot is just beautiful! It's a little different putting everything immediately in the locked rotation closet, but I don't want to set up any bad habits right off the bat, and I'm still organizing my presentations. The kids are begging to start school tomorrow

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 12 2007 at 5:38pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

Sandpaper might work, but maybe waxing them, the way you do sticky drawers, would work?

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: June 12 2007 at 5:40pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Oooh good idea Theresa - though some of them will require sandpaper for sure - my brother is a master woodworker though and I'm headin' home this weekend

Page of 3 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version