Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Comfortable Shoes Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 31 2007 at 4:25pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Mackfam wrote:
Ok guys - help me out here. I really like this mary jane from Dansko. Does anybody wear Dansko? Are they comfy? I tried on a pair of clogs once, and didn't like them, but I like these mary janes. I don't like open toe sandals. I don't generally wear heels on an everyday shoe this high, so I need some input as to whether or not someone out there likes them. I'm not opposed to heels - just looking for a basic, sort of classic (read non-trendy) looking brown sandal that I can wear with my skirts/dresses as my everyday summer shoes. Anybody got any advice? Sadly, I live in a city that has very little to offer in the way of big shoe shopping - no DSW, no Walking Company. So it's online ordering, which I don't mind, but I'd like a review from someone. Anyone?

Some alternative brands I found along the same style lines (mary jane) are Naot and Naturalizer. Opinions of those?

They look comfy. Some people on this board don't like Dansko because it's a different type of feel...the toes don't bend. The shoes roll when you walk. I have a similar Mary Jane pair an earlier version of Marcelle. The soles look similar. I do think you will have all day comfort, but Dansko does take some breaking in time...a few hours a day until you can wear all day.

Naot has a cork bed and has more support than Naturalizer. BTW, Walking Company can be ordered online, too. Just go with whatever is cheaper.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: May 31 2007 at 4:36pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

Jennifer:
I have these sandals which have the same "clog heel/sole" as the ones you are looking at. I also have other types of the dansko sole. They are just all different. I LOVE LOVE LOVE all my danskos. I know exactly what I'm looking for and in what size....I have found GREAT practically new Danskos for a fraction of the cost on ebay. But, you can't do that when you're new with them, cuz you can't return. But don't think you'll be spending full price for danskos forever!

These, clog-type, are fairly high (the highest of the dansko heel)....they are not my favorite for running around the yard chasing kids, etc. But, I wear them all the time around town, and around the house. They "roll" which I actually like, because it takes the pressure off the balls of my feet.

Since you don't have any store that you can go in and try on and compare....If there are any others that you are drawn to that fit your criteria....order a few pair from zappos.com, try them, compare and see what you like, return for free. It really is easy.   

Danskos last forever! I've had a couple of mine for over 5 years and they have lots of wear left. Worth the $$$$ if you find what you want.

I LOVE Naot too. Much better (comfort, quality and style-wise) than Naturalizer! But, again..more $$$

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

organiclilac
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 31 2007 at 4:36pm | IP Logged Quote organiclilac

I wear Dansko clogs and love them. You can read reviews of the one you are thinking about here. (At the bottom of the page.)

Leonie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 31 2007 at 5:42pm | IP Logged Quote Leonie

I wear my Converse with dresses, skirts and jeans - I like the look of both high top and low top...

Kath
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: May 31 2007 at 8:49pm | IP Logged Quote Kath

Merrell is another great brand for heel and arch support -- they are very cushioned and have lots of great styles, including Mary Janes. Zappos doesn't sell them but onlineshoes.com does, and they have the free shipping and free returns/exchanges.

Clarks Privo has athletic looking shoes, some could go with casual skirts and pants: Privo Vino. They are supposed to be very comfortable. Pricey, unfortunately.

~ Katherine
Back to Top View Kath's Profile Search for other posts by Kath

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: May 31 2007 at 9:41pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Thanks everybody! I love the Merells! I'm going to keep them in mind for the fall for sure!!! I already have a pair of their hiking boots that I love!

I think I'm going to order the Danskos and the Naot mary janes from onlineshoes.com (same return policy as Zappos) and just try them for myself. Glad to know so many of you out there like them both!!! Thanks for all the help!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

humanaevitae
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 31 2007 at 10:34pm | IP Logged Quote humanaevitae

I have the Dansko Lolitas and I really like them. This was my first time trying this brand as I normally wear Eccos. I've done a lot of walking in them and didn't even have to break them in. I have a lot of heel pain without shoes on. I will definately be buying Danskos again.

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version