Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: How do you clean your toilets? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
trish
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 17 2007 at 4:28pm | IP Logged Quote trish

I remember the name of the book! Still can't find it though.    The Naturally Clean Home.

+AMDG+
Saintly Soaps

Back to Top View trish's Profile Search for other posts by trish

Mrs.K
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 17 2007 at 10:42pm | IP Logged Quote Mrs.K

Since we moved I've just been using baking soda and a scrubbie in the sinks and toilets. Pretty simple.

My blogPondered in My Heart
Jesus,I trust in You!
Back to Top View Mrs.K's Profile Search for other posts by Mrs.K

JennyMaine
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 21 2007 at 4:41am | IP Logged Quote JennyMaine

A sprinkle of 20 Mule Team Borax. Viola!

SaraP
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 21 2007 at 12:07pm | IP Logged Quote SaraP

I pour about a cup of white vinegar into the bowl, brush it down and let it sit for 15 minutes (brush is stored in the basement laundry room when I'm not using it because little people DO think it's a fun toy).

Then I spray everything else and the surrounding floor with a mix of half vinegar and half water that I keep in a spray bottle under the bathroom sink (since it doesn't matter if the kids get ahold of it) and wipe it down with a rag or paper towels.

Becky Parker
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 21 2007 at 2:53pm | IP Logged Quote Becky Parker

I've been reading all these suggestions because we had a scare here as well. I was cleaning the toilet while my dd did the sink in the bathroom. She happened to kick over the bottle of toilet bowl cleaner that I had been using. (I thought I had capped it tightly but obviously not.) Anyway, some spilled on the carpet and where it spilled it ate the carpet instantly. It turned to some slimy stuff right before our eyes. It scared me as I could only imagine what it would do if it got on the skin of one of my little ones, or worse yet if they tried to drink it!

Back to Top View Becky Parker's Profile Search for other posts by Becky Parker

Anne McD
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 25 2007 at 7:25pm | IP Logged Quote Anne McD

Anne McD wrote:

I just can't handle having "The Brush" hanging around my bathroom. Someone under 3 always thinks its a hairbrush, or worse . . . ugh.

I just have to share-- dd2 was running around with "the wand" over her bare shoulder this morning as I showered, unable to do anything about it.   

sigh. I can't win for trying, can I?!

James 8
Katie 6
William 3 1/2
Benedict Joseph 1
and baby on the way! 10/14
Back to Top View Anne McD's Profile Search for other posts by Anne McD

stacykay
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 26 2007 at 8:55am | IP Logged Quote stacykay

A little girl from our hs group got a bad burn when she was trying to help her mom clean the toilet. She spilled the cleaner down the front of her and onto her private area, also. She was in our local burn unit for 3 weeks, and her mom had to visit from L&D, as she went into labor (from the stress) and delivered a few weeks early. Her dd ended up being ok.

We still use brand cleaners, but only I clean the toilets, and I store them on the top shelf of the hall closet.

I use wipes on the outside or spray with clorox clean-up and wipe with paper towels.

God Bless,
Stacy in MI
Back to Top View stacykay's Profile Search for other posts by stacykay

Maturemomg
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 26 2007 at 9:56am | IP Logged Quote Maturemomg

Okay, odd woman out- that's me.
No one has mentioned this.
I simply use a cloth and water. No soap or cleaneser. Yes, my toilet bowl is a bit dingy, but we have "dingy" water so I don't think much will help that. It's not REAL dingy- I should post a pic!
I guess I don't worry much about germs around here- we seem to do okay, not get sick much, etc.

I don't use much soap for anything (except dishes.
Back to Top View Maturemomg's Profile Search for other posts by Maturemomg

mathmama
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 26 2007 at 3:13pm | IP Logged Quote mathmama

trish wrote:
I remember the name of the book! Still can't find it though.    The Naturally Clean Home.

I use the recipes in this book with some modifications. Once I started using it and got rid of the chemicals I found that my house (especially my bathroom) seemed so much cleaner. I don't think it was because more germs are being killed but because there isn't the chemical residue.

Beth
Back to Top View mathmama's Profile Search for other posts by mathmama

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 28 2007 at 6:12pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

I use Oxyboost. Sprinkle, swish - let it sit a bit, flush and it's clean. For stubborn seat stains (in other words I went too long between cleanings ) I use the steam cleaner.

FYI on the Oxyboost, I hate to be an enabler but this brand of oxy was mentioned on another group as the "best" so I thought I would try it. Well it IS the best I have ever used. I have hard water and I have never had the results with using oxy like I have wanted (you know, like the commercials) until I tried this kind. I'm totally sold! I bought the 6 lb. container the first time but I'll be buying the 20 lb. size next.

They do have an OXY-FLUSH Toilet Bowl Cleaner but I haven't tried it. The Oxyboost works great in my toilet anyway but I may try some of their other products since i know it actually works well. I have been told that the Oxyboost is GREAT on carpets - gonna try that too as my little one has started rolling and my carpets are in desperate need of cleaning!

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

stacykay
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 30 2007 at 9:55am | IP Logged Quote stacykay

Michele,

do you have to order the oxyboost at the site you gave, or is it available at a store? I just tried some powdered, very strong toilet cleaner (I think it was Bam, or something like that- I used it up and don't have the bottle,) but anyhoo, that stuff was toxic! When I would pour it, no matter how carefully, some of the powder would rise into the air. I would hold my breath while pouring, then run out of the room and shut the door, but I still felt like I was breathing it in!

God Bless,
Stacy in MI
Back to Top View stacykay's Profile Search for other posts by stacykay

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 30 2007 at 10:27pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

stacykay wrote:
Michele,

do you have to order the oxyboost at the site you gave, or is it available at a store?

Stacy,

I don't know if it's available in stores. I ordered from the site.

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version