Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: 4 Realers with nine children or more? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
kris
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 11 2007 at 8:22pm | IP Logged Quote kris

LOL! I always consider *super-size* families as 12 +. :)
I am new here, but we have 10 ( plus 1 miscarriage and 1 son we lost @ 17 weeks). 8 boys and 2 dd.

kris
Back to Top View kris's Profile Search for other posts by kris

Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 12 2007 at 6:58am | IP Logged Quote Lisbet

Is it just me, or does anyone else consider a family to be 'large' when it consisits of one more than what you currrently have? Like to me, all of a sudden 9 does not seem large, but 10 seems HUGE!! I don't why that is!?

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12
Back to Top View Lisbet's Profile Search for other posts by Lisbet

Bridget
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 12 2007 at 7:08am | IP Logged Quote Bridget

Yep.    As soon as you get a handle on whatever number you have, it doesn't seem so overwhelming anymore. The last number seems like a piece of cake and the next number up is for the pros.

Back to Top View Bridget's Profile Search for other posts by Bridget Visit Bridget's Homepage

momwats8
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 12 2007 at 7:31am | IP Logged Quote momwats8

Well as you all surly know we have 8 living. I have lost 4 to miscarriage. We are trying to conceive now. the kids ask all the time. My ds Nate - 4 1/2 - prays every night that God will send us a baby.

All of you are such an inspiration to me.!! Next week I will know if we are pregnant this month or have to try again next month! Lord willing I am pregnant.

http://www.momwats8.blogspot.com
Back to Top View momwats8's Profile Search for other posts by momwats8 Visit momwats8's Homepage

Maria B.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 12 2007 at 8:05am | IP Logged Quote Maria B.

You made me smile Elizabeth when I read this! I remember those days when Michael and Billy were little guys. Now that little guy is bigger than his dad! I, too, am secretly hoping I am not done yet! I am enjoying Lucy (now 7 1/2 months) SO MUCH. Even though she still wakes up 3-4 times a night, my days are filled with so much joy watching her grow and delight all of us.

Back to Top View Maria B.'s Profile Search for other posts by Maria B. Visit Maria B.'s Homepage

joann10
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 12 2007 at 8:09am | IP Logged Quote joann10

I feel like we have alot of children right now.   I think it is because these last two are 11 months apart and keeping everyone very busy.    

Mary, I will keep you in my prayers during the next week.
Back to Top View joann10's Profile Search for other posts by joann10

Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 12 2007 at 8:17am | IP Logged Quote Lisbet

Joann, 11 months is pretty close!! I thought mine were close at 14 months. I am currently chasing 4,3,2,and 1 year olds, not to mention 5 months pregnant! 11 months! WOW!

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12
Back to Top View Lisbet's Profile Search for other posts by Lisbet

joann10
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 12 2007 at 8:52am | IP Logged Quote joann10

I had a 6-5-4-2-1-and pregnant. These were my first six. I look at pictures now and it all seems like a blur. It is much easier now because I have so much help from these six kids that are older now and wonderful helpers. Actually, my 18dd stays home and helps out a real lot. That is a blessing.
Back to Top View joann10's Profile Search for other posts by joann10

momwats8
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 12 2007 at 9:01am | IP Logged Quote momwats8

Joann - thanks for the prayers. Waiting to know is hard. A week can seem like forever!

Wow - that is close. My closest are 16 months apart and while it was hard when they were babies they are close now. It must have been hard for you at the time

It is amazing how fast they grow up! I can hardly believe I have a fifteen year old with a drivers permit and who is 6 foot 2 inches tall! They sure are a blessing though. I wouldn't trade any of it for the world.

I just hope that I am as patient and wonderful as all of you ladies

http://www.momwats8.blogspot.com
Back to Top View momwats8's Profile Search for other posts by momwats8 Visit momwats8's Homepage

kris
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: April 12 2007 at 9:26am | IP Logged Quote kris

Lisbet wrote:
Is it just me, or does anyone else consider a family to be 'large' when it consisits of one more than what you currrently have? Like to me, all of a sudden 9 does not seem large, but 10 seems HUGE!! I don't why that is!?

---this is the first time in my childbearing years that I think to myself every so often ....* wow, I have 10 kids!* It doesn't really seem like a big number in day to day living, but to *say* it seems so. :)

kris
Back to Top View kris's Profile Search for other posts by kris

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 13 2007 at 2:33am | IP Logged Quote Erin

joann10 wrote:
I feel like we have alot of children right now.

I agree

My close friend has 11 dc and I look at them sitting ahead of us at Mass on Sunday and think, "Well I guess there are alot," but then they don't really seem like a lot because I know them all as individuals. But I bet the people sitting behind us think we are a lot too

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version