Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: Stations of the Cross Grottos Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JennyMaine
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 18 2007 at 5:48am | IP Logged Quote JennyMaine

I like the idea of these Stations of the Cross Grottos:

http://www.adoremusbooks.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&P rodID=4247

We'll be making these this week, and I really like the looks of these Stations:

http://www.catholicculture.org/lit/overviews/seasons/lent/st ation_1.cfm

Have any of you done a project like this before? Do you think that 4 craft sticks is enough depth for the pictures?

Obviously, I want them to be beautiful. . .just not $45 beautiful! I've done a craft before where you print 3 copies of the same image and use the thick sticy pads inbetween to create a 3-D image. . .not sure if I want to put in that much work on it, though. Any suggestions?

Willa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 19 2007 at 1:41am | IP Logged Quote Willa

They look so pretty!   I am not a crafter, but I hope someone else will be able to help.

I will put your links in hyper form so they are easier to get to:

Catholic Culture Stations of the Cross

Stations Grotto Kit

Take Up and Read
Back to Top View Willa's Profile Search for other posts by Willa

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Feb 19 2007 at 2:13am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

JennyMaine wrote:
Have any of you done a project like this before? Do you think that 4 craft sticks is enough depth for the pictures?

These are beautiful. In looking at the picture they look very similar to the Marian grottos that you can order as a kit from Illuminated Ink. We have made those and they are 4 sticks deep. So I think 4 sticks deep is plenty and would work fine for the stations. Jenny, you've inspired me to give these a try also.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

JennyMaine
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 19 2007 at 5:24am | IP Logged Quote JennyMaine

Thanks Willa! Couldn't remember how to insert the links as hyperlinks, and couldn't find it under "help". Also, I noticed afterward that someone had already been discussing these in a different thread. . .musta been a "not enough coffee" morning for me!

I picked up all the supplies I needed at Wal-Mart. In addition to the craft sticks, they had small wooden crosses (15 to a pack. . .perfect!). So, our pictures of the stations are printed out, and we'll be putting each one on a background of purple paper (rather than trying to make them 3-D); then we'll have the frame with a cross at the top; also, purple satin ribbon to run around the front of the frame and to hang them with. Since we had the hot glue gun, ink for pictures already, paper, etc., I spent less than $10.

JennyMaine
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 19 2007 at 11:17am | IP Logged Quote JennyMaine

We spent our morning making our Stations Grottos, and they came out great! I think was the easiest craft we've ever done.

I created a blog just so I could post a pic, in case anyone else is interested in making their own!

Jen
Stations of Cross Grotto Picture

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 19 2007 at 2:52pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Jen, they are lovely! I agree about the not $45 lovely. I couldn't spend that kind of money. For those that can't/dont print out pictures, Leaflet Missal sells the prints in either 4x6 or 8x10. I think CHC also sells them, but I don't know if the price is comparable. I have the 8x10, imitating my mother's method of a flip easel with plastic pages. One side has the pictures of the mysteries of the Rosary and the other side has Stations, and the child changes the page when the next station or mystery is prayed.

It works, and I love it...but I was thinking of making individual stations for display. I have the 4x6 pictures and my mother was going to make plaques. The craft stores have small wooden plaques, I can decoupage the pictures on top and add a cross on top. Just another suggestion that isn't $45 worth...

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 19 2007 at 6:15pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

JennGM wrote:
Jen, they are lovely! I agree about the not $45 lovely. I couldn't spend that kind of money.

They ARE lovely! Jenn I do understand what you mean about the cost. We're doing the Stations kit but only because it was given to us as a gift. We plan to do them all through Lent and hang them along our long upstairs hallway.

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

Willa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 19 2007 at 6:33pm | IP Logged Quote Willa

Oh, those are beautiful. So glad you shared.

Take Up and Read
Back to Top View Willa's Profile Search for other posts by Willa

BethHG
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: March 31 2007 at 7:29pm | IP Logged Quote BethHG

I just wanted to say thank you for posting this. We made the stations and I had an idea how I wanted how to make them going from how you did yours. The stations are a welcome addtion to our home.

Thanks again!

Beth
Back to Top View BethHG's Profile Search for other posts by BethHG

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version